Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E60 front end lift

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2022, 09:22 AM
diverdan
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 16 Posts

I have it on mine and don’t use it very much: The streets around Annapolis, MD don’t have too many tall speed bumps or high angle of attack driveways.
If I was still living in the Bay Area, however, I would be using it almost every day. I had to replace the plastic chin splitter on my C6Z there due to rubbing, which was a little lower than the C8, but not that much.

Take a look where you drive and decide.

Last edited by diverdan; 11-18-2022 at 09:31 AM.
Old 11-18-2022, 03:13 PM
Avanti
Race Director

Received 5,239 Likes on 3,472 Posts

Just one more option I've never needed... and still don't.
Old 11-19-2022, 06:34 AM
Markamen
Instructor

Received 185 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by MAD Matt
You won't know you need it, until you need it. I have it on my C8 and it has operated flawlessly since day one. It has come in handy on more than one occassion.
I have been using it and storing the locations as a precaution. My only complaint is it is louder than the performance exhaust when activated.
The following 2 users liked this post by Markamen:
Cumbers (11-19-2022), JoeB3 (11-25-2022)
Old 11-19-2022, 08:36 AM
WishfulThinker23
Racer

Received 396 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by diverdan
Take a look where you drive and decide.
Dan, do you even understand how this forum works? You have to be opinionated and condescending of others' opinions. You can't make a reasonable, practical comment like that. Geez....

The following 3 users liked this post by WishfulThinker23:
chevyvette1 (11-27-2022), Cumbers (11-20-2022), heysteveh (11-28-2022)
Old 11-19-2022, 08:52 AM
Chemdawg99
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,660 Likes on 847 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Front end lift is (IMHO) not a “need to have” feature so much as it is a “nice to have” feature. And for the record, no, I don’t have it.

It is offered as an option for a reason. I scraped more in my C7s, C6s, and C5s (two of each) than I ever have in my C8. I can count on the fingers of one hand how many times I’ve scraped in my C8. Each of those three occasions were quite minor. Of course, I daily drive my C8.

I would never recommend someone buy or not buy the front end lift in their build, but like anything mechanical, it is another point of failure being added to the car. Again, I’m sure it comes in handy depending on where you live and how many steep driveways and entrances to businesses you encounter. If the cost of the option is the OP’s concern, there are a plenty of owners who opted not to have the front end lift and have no problems or regrets.
Old 11-19-2022, 09:04 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,649 Likes on 6,648 Posts

Originally Posted by Markamen
I have been using it and storing the locations as a precaution. My only complaint is it is louder than the performance exhaust when activated.
Don't have noise issue some compain about! Easy for folks to say just be careful! Depends on where you live! After scraping my 2014 Z51 aftermarket carbon fiber splitter adn eevn after installing a $500+ Scrape Armor Splitter Protector on my 2017 Grand Sport Aero Stage 2 option Carbon Fiber splitter was no question I would get the lift option for my C8.

Have many places in town programed. Can't "decide" IF I want to go to FedEx and ship a customers product!! No choice. Oh I can come to a complete stop before their steep driveway entrance and crawl in at an angle and possibly miss scraping my 5VM splitter. BUT it's off a 4 lane highway with traffic going ~60 mph. Some AH, not expecting a Vette to stop will surely be looking at his cell phone and plow into my rear end!

Yep have not had an accident with another car in 63 years driving by not doing things that risk getting hit!

Scraped my Carbon Fiber splitter on my 2014 Z51

Even with a $500+ Scrape Armor Splitter Protector scaped my carbon fiber Stage 2 Aero splitter on my 2017 Grand Sport several times. Did help and didn't have to replace the $2500 splitter!

Last edited by JerryU; 11-19-2022 at 09:13 AM.
Old 11-25-2022, 02:16 PM
scootrrydr
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

I didn't read everyone else's opinion but I wanted to voice mine. I built my 2023 and received it from the museum in July. I totally regret not getting the front end lift. Mine is 2LT HTC and I absolutely love it. I just should've paid for the front end lift. It's a $90,000 car. Why the heck did I not get the lift? SMH.
Old 11-25-2022, 03:27 PM
mgfoursixeight
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

Since I lowered my car (3/4" collars front, 1/2" rear) to even out the stance, I use the front lift every time I drive in/out my driveway. Going in when I ordered the car, I figured that I may eventuality want to lower the car slightly someday so I got the front lift. No regrets with getting the front lift and I'm glad that I have it.
Old 11-25-2022, 03:44 PM
WishfulThinker23
Racer

Originally Posted by scootrrydr
I didn't read everyone else's opinion but I wanted to voice mine. I built my 2023 and received it from the museum in July. I totally regret not getting the front end lift. Mine is 2LT HTC and I absolutely love it. I just should've paid for the front end lift. It's a $90,000 car. Why the heck did I not get the lift? SMH.
Thanks for sharing your experience. Front lift is one of the options that receives sharply divided opinions on this forum.
Old 11-25-2022, 04:03 PM
C5racecar
Drifting

Received 980 Likes on 473 Posts

For the price of $2595 it is worth asking do I really need this. When it was first introduced at $1595 I thought it was a great idea, but at $2595, it becomes a big question.
2LT, Z51, wheels, seats, everything I want is adding up and the total is pushing my limit.

Yes/No Opinions seem to be half and half. Some say you don't need it, some use it every day.
I am going to lower my car, I like the low look, so that makes it more important, but I have always had low cars (C5, C6), never had a lift.
They drag the air damm, but not the nose, and the C8 is not any longer in front. Maybe I will be fine without it. No lift Z51 makes lowering a lot easier. No collars needed.

I am still undecided, I would like to have the lift, but my budget is stretched to the limit and this is over the top.
If I buy the lift, I cannot afford aftermarket wheels for a few years.
What is more important?

Old 11-25-2022, 04:19 PM
WishfulThinker23
Racer

Originally Posted by C5racecar
For the price of $2595 it is worth asking do I really need this. When it was first introduced at $1595 I thought it was a great idea, but at $2595, it becomes a big question.
2LT, Z51, wheels, seats, everything I want is adding up and the total is pushing my limit.

Yes/No Opinions seem to be half and half. Some say you don't need it, some use it every day.
I am going to lower my car, I like the low look, so that makes it more important, but I have always had low cars (C5, C6), never had a lift.
They drag the air damm, but not the nose, and the C8 is not any longer in front. Maybe I will be fine without it. No lift Z51 makes lowering a lot easier. No collars needed.

I am still undecided, I would like to have the lift, but my budget is stretched to the limit and this is over the top.
What is more important?
Yes, the lift has gotten pretty expensive and some forum members believe it is unnecessary. You don't really know if you need it until you have the car, by which time of course it's too late. I have to navigate a good-size curb at the end of my driveway and at work, so I went with the lift. I won't get the car for a couple months, so we'll see how it goes. It sounds like you have been okay with your low cars, so your situation is different.
The following users liked this post:
C5racecar (11-25-2022)
Old 11-25-2022, 05:00 PM
seafordguy
Racer

Received 380 Likes on 190 Posts

This is just very obviously going to depend on the area you live/drive in.

There is NOWHERE I will go with the car that I will need it so I didn’t order it. There are probably people on here that need it EVERY time they leave their driveway….. Only you know….
Old 11-25-2022, 06:22 PM
mgfoursixeight
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by C5racecar

What is more important?
If your going to lower the car and depending how low you want to go, I probably would get the front lift if you can swing it. Right after I lowered mine, I was exiting a parking lot near work and scraped the front Z51 splitter. I didn't use the front lift in that spot because I didn't think that I needed to. Turns out I needed it and use it more frequently now. The bummer is that I painted my Z51 splitter body color and when it scraped it chipped the paint, lesson learned.

Since budget is a concern, you can always add wheels/tires latter when you have the cash. Where as it's pretty much impossible to add front lift latter, if it turns out that you need it.
The following 2 users liked this post by mgfoursixeight:
C5racecar (11-25-2022), Cumbers (11-27-2022)
Old 11-25-2022, 08:14 PM
C5racecar
Drifting

Originally Posted by mgfoursixeight
If your going to lower the car and depending how low you want to go, I probably would get the front lift if you can swing it. Right after I lowered mine, I was exiting a parking lot near work and scraped the front Z51 splitter. I didn't use the front lift in that spot because I didn't think that I needed to. Turns out I needed it and use it more frequently now. The bummer is that I painted my Z51 splitter body color and when it scraped it chipped the paint, lesson learned.
That is good information. I like low cars, and after I drag the front end a few times it will be obvious that I should have bought the lift. Bite the bullet, pay now or scrape the front end forever.
PS. I like the painted splitter look too. That is even more of a reason to get lifted.
The following 2 users liked this post by C5racecar:
Cumbers (11-27-2022), mgfoursixeight (11-25-2022)
Old 11-26-2022, 12:38 PM
CP
Team Owner

Received 1,126 Likes on 563 Posts

I got it and I'm glad I did. Works flawlessly. Once the GPS location is stored you don't have to touch it again for that location. I love it.
The following 2 users liked this post by CP:
Cumbers (11-27-2022), WishfulThinker23 (11-26-2022)
Old 11-26-2022, 02:16 PM
kcops
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 32 Posts

This is just another option that you can't get after you build the car (economically speaking!). You will need it only when you don't have it. But replacing the front spoiler may not be that expensive compared to having this flexibility. On the economic side: $2K is not that much on a $80K+ car.
Old 11-26-2022, 03:10 PM
gdb069
Burning Brakes

Received 612 Likes on 332 Posts

Originally Posted by Icetoad
Question for those that have E60/Lift. Are you able to park it while its in lifted mode? Meaning the car sits higher when exiting/entering.
If you lift and quickly open the door it will remain lifted, otherwise it will lower when engine is shut off but if you are thinking about ingress/egress the lift is at front so at doors lift is only an inch or so. What I have done is to set the memory seat so that on exit the seat is back and high as possible and tilted slight forward and that makes entry/exit much much better.

As far as front lift. I setup about 20 locations that had speed bumps etc but you need to slow down anyway so deleted most and I now have lift memory at one location and probably dont need that because I slow down.

Remember the front lift only works where you have seen a bump so on new roads or at night you don't see bumps/dips and will scrape anyway.

Get notified of new replies

To E60 front end lift

Old 11-26-2022, 03:56 PM
GolferC8
Instructor

Received 104 Likes on 53 Posts

Has GM solved a lot of the issues with the E60 that owners were having with the earlier models? I know there was the pressure leak issue where a new cap was required, has that been now fixed on the 2023 models? Are owners still getting the "Service front lift" warnings or various issues?

I'd say this one feature is the one I go back and forth on the most for my new build. I think I am going to rent one on Turo that is lowered and see how it does at various locations without front lift before making my decision.
Old 11-27-2022, 12:48 AM
C5racecar
Drifting

I'm sold. I really did not want to spend the money, but I see the benefits. I like low cars. I like the road race look. That means it will probably scrape somewhere, maybe not my driveway, or the grocery store, but sooner or later
there will be a solid scrape that could be avoided with a lift.
Old 11-27-2022, 07:38 AM
Cumbers
Pro

Received 427 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by MrC8Tempe
Has GM solved a lot of the issues with the E60 that owners were having with the earlier models? I know there was the pressure leak issue where a new cap was required, has that been now fixed on the 2023 models? Are owners still getting the "Service front lift" warnings or various issues?

I'd say this one feature is the one I go back and forth on the most for my new build. I think I am going to rent one on Turo that is lowered and see how it does at various locations without front lift before making my decision.
I have a '22 HTC, no problems since I took delivery Oct '21

Quick Reply: E60 front end lift