Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Ron Fellows school meetup thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2023, 09:00 PM
foundvettelifeisgood
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 184 Likes on 87 Posts

Just did the 11/10 - 11/11 COS. There were 18 in our class. 12 were Stingray owners and 6 were Z06 owners. If the Z06 guys were doing something different, I didn’t notice it.

This school is incredibly great. The instructors are superb. Everyone has a great attitude. The culture is truly remarkable. The operation is a well-oiled machine.
Old 11-13-2023, 10:32 PM
FlyinLow
Pro

Received 237 Likes on 109 Posts

Who else is here? I'm here for the Stingray class tomorrow and Wednesday (Nov. 14-15)
Old 11-16-2023, 12:50 AM
FlyinLow
Pro

Class photo from today, this was the white classroom (they also had a blue classroom running yesterday and today). Great experience, pushed the Corvette harder than I ever imagined I could, shaved 2 seconds off my best lap times in each track session. Listen to the instructors and do what they tell you to and you will go faster. (I'm the big guy with the whitish shirt and black hat, behind the girl in the purple )

The following 4 users liked this post by FlyinLow:
Coop1 (11-16-2023), faster68 (11-21-2023), JimB. (11-16-2023), Mrchen (11-16-2023)
Old 11-20-2023, 06:18 PM
oklahoma
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Pardon me for butting in to this forum thread but I thought one of you could answer my question. I would like to buy a used C8 with an unused certificate for the school to get a twofer. Is it possible to do so or is it the certificate available only to the first owner/leaser? Thanks
Old 11-20-2023, 06:20 PM
R23HTC
Le Mans Master

Received 182 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by oklahoma
Pardon me for butting in to this forum thread but I thought one of you could answer my question. I would like to buy a used C8 with an unused certificate for the school to get a twofer. Is it possible to do so or is it the certificate available only to the first owner/leaser? Thanks
The certificate is only available to the original owner per the vin.
The following 2 users liked this post by R23HTC:
dohabandit (11-20-2023), RogerTheDodger (11-25-2023)
Old 11-26-2023, 02:47 AM
sleekvt
Instructor

Received 108 Likes on 64 Posts

I'm driving my 23 C8 from San Jose, California to Spring Mountain for the Dec 11/12 class.
Did the C7 class in 2016, but as a former Lotus Turbo Esprit guy, definitely want explore the limits of a mid-engine C8 with 495 HP on the track.
If I arrive early (~4PM?) I may stop by Las Vegas and have dinner before checking in.

The following users liked this post:
Mark9 (11-26-2023)
Old 11-29-2023, 05:02 PM
Marcho Polo
Le Mans Master

Received 1,622 Likes on 739 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C8 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (stock)
2019 C7 of Year Winner (stock)
Former Moderator
Cruise-In I-II-III Veteran

Any forum members going to be at Spring Mountain December 15/16?

I will be there those dates in the Level 2 track days sessions.
Old 12-02-2023, 03:51 PM
bmalec
Racer

Received 170 Likes on 31 Posts

I'll be there for Level 2 also. Is this your first time doing Level 2?

Ben

Last edited by bmalec; 12-04-2023 at 06:52 PM.
Old 12-04-2023, 05:08 PM
jcthorne
Drifting

Received 431 Likes on 249 Posts
Default What a cluster.

REALLY want to attend this class that was promised as part of my Z06 purchase. Finally today they released the dates through next summer and I responded IMMEDIATELY wanting to sign up and some preferred dates. Just got told my preferred date not availability and now all dates fully booked. Sorry but this is just not good enough. My one year will elapse with zero availability while slots are sold to others with later production. No wait list, just Sony, better luck next time. NOT RIGHT promising something they cannot deliver.
Old 12-04-2023, 05:11 PM
jcthorne
Drifting

Originally Posted by Akdave8
I’m guessing when they verify vin for discount, they’ll likely apply to z06 class only if you’re getting z06..

When i did level 1 , I asked main instructor re z06 class and he said its a different track configuration with faster and longer straight away and to utilize z06 faster entry/exit speeds so it may end up being different experience
does not matter as there is no z06 class availability anyway.
Old 12-04-2023, 07:09 PM
FlyinLow
Pro

They typically will work on extending your drop dead date if there is no availability, they also will typically try to create more dates, happened with me this year. Wasn't going to be able to take the class until next year some time, then they opened up dates in Nov. and Dec. Just talk to them, be flexible with dates and you'll get in. They are limited on how many Z06's they have.
JimB. (12-05-2023)
Old 12-04-2023, 08:49 PM
jcthorne
Drifting

Originally Posted by FlyinLow
They typically will work on extending your drop dead date if there is no availability, they also will typically try to create more dates, happened with me this year. Wasn't going to be able to take the class until next year some time, then they opened up dates in Nov. and Dec. Just talk to them, be flexible with dates and you'll get in. They are limited on how many Z06's they have.
When my requested date was not available, they should have responded with what was available for me to select one, not wait 4 hours to respond and then inform that all dates for the next 6 months are now all spoken for. Sorry, the number of available slots is just not sufficient to provide what GM has promised. There are a great many Stingray dates available without waiting. Seems they need to do better at scheduling for the demand that as been generated in the marketplace. IE Cancel some stingray classes that are not filling and add Z06 classes, purchase more cars what ever it takes. GM has sold this benefit and is now not delivering what was promised. Don't really care if its Ron Fellows or GM that is at fault, they are one entity from the car purchaser point of view and they need to handle supply issues internally. This is not a new problem, its been going on since Z06 started production over a year ago.

I also do not believe they do extend the one year limit, several owners have already been denied due to the time limits and GM has refused to extend.
Old 12-05-2023, 09:52 PM
FlyinLow
Pro

Is it that you want to take the class by end of summer 2024 or are willing to take it anytime before your certificate expires? When did you get your car?

I got mine the first week of May and called right away to book the class, they had some summer dates open but I didn't want to do it in the summer and they had no other dates open from May through the end of the year other than the couple of summer dates they had, and they had not planned their 2024 calendar yet. Got on their email list in case anything opened up, got a call in June they had some openings in November and December so I booked one of those. Get on the list in case they open up some slots.

What's odd is when I received my speed model from GM in September, the certificate in the box says my offer for the course expires on Sept. 1st, 2024, which is over a year from the date I purchased the car, which was May of 2023. So I think extending it is possible because of the way the certificates are actually mailed to you. Screenshot of my certificate below. Can anyone else comment, did their certificate also indicate an expiration date beyond 1 year from date of purchase?

Old 12-05-2023, 10:22 PM
RosenR
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Flexible

They are flexible. When I had to cancel at the last minute (ER and then hospital), they were able to get GM to extend the expiration date so I could take the class later.

Recommend calling them to work it out.
Old 12-06-2023, 04:19 AM
jcthorne
Drifting

Originally Posted by FlyinLow
Is it that you want to take the class by end of summer 2024 or are willing to take it anytime before your certificate expires? When did you get your car?
I did get on the list, they did release new dates for the next 6 months on Monday. I responded to the email notice within minutes. No class for you. More dates to be released in 6 months for 2nd half of 24. This is the problem, they simply do not have sufficient dates available for new Z06 owners and are not handling the assignment of dates in a fair and just manner. GM and Ron Fellows have made promises they cannot fulfill. Glad you got to go, others are not being so lucky.
Old 12-07-2023, 06:10 AM
Jwalker3rd
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 213 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by jcthorne
I did get on the list, they did release new dates for the next 6 months on Monday. I responded to the email notice within minutes. No class for you. More dates to be released in 6 months for 2nd half of 24. This is the problem, they simply do not have sufficient dates available for new Z06 owners and are not handling the assignment of dates in a fair and just manner. GM and Ron Fellows have made promises they cannot fulfill. Glad you got to go, others are not being so lucky.
Really? I Was checking my email every 10-15min this past Monday and I got the confirmation in like 20-30 min after I replied, that I am officially booked for a July class. Having the wife do the class and I’ll sit and watch. I wanted both of us to do it, but they don’t have enough Z06s available. They offered an extra C8 class, but that is a step down for me, as I don’t own a regular C8.

Last edited by Jwalker3rd; 12-07-2023 at 06:21 AM.
Old 12-07-2023, 12:46 PM
JCtx
Melting Slicks

Received 103 Likes on 71 Posts

Hey, does your wife really need a Z06? She probably wouldn't be even close to maxing out a regular C8, and you could get the Z06. Much more fun both driving, than one watching, but of course it's your/her call.

Get notified of new replies

To The Ron Fellows school meetup thread

Old 12-07-2023, 09:06 PM
Fishfryer527
Burning Brakes

Received 1,064 Likes on 489 Posts

My wife and I just did the course Dec4,5… besides improving my driving, I learned two things.

The stingray is fast enough for any normal person which means I don’t need to get an ERAY, Z06, ZR1 etc.

I still wish it sounded like an old big block.

the Instructors were great. Had a great time. Highly recommended.
Lacquer (12-07-2023)
Old 12-08-2023, 09:41 AM
Jwalker3rd
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 213 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by jcthorne
When my requested date was not available, they should have responded with what was available for me to select one, not wait 4 hours to respond and then inform that all dates for the next 6 months are now all spoken for. Sorry, the number of available slots is just not sufficient to provide what GM has promised. There are a great many Stingray dates available without waiting. Seems they need to do better at scheduling for the demand that as been generated in the marketplace. IE Cancel some stingray classes that are not filling and add Z06 classes, purchase more cars what ever it takes. GM has sold this benefit and is now not delivering what was promised. Don't really care if its Ron Fellows or GM that is at fault, they are one entity from the car purchaser point of view and they need to handle supply issues internally. This is not a new problem, its been going on since Z06 started production over a year ago.

I also do not believe they do extend the one year limit, several owners have already been denied due to the time limits and GM has refused to extend.
Did you only select one date? If so, you should have selected more in the order you prefer. That’s what I did. My first choice was accepted.

the other issue is there isn’t enough Z06s to go around. I think there is only 6 per class.
Old 12-08-2023, 10:21 AM
SMOKN C8
Drifting

Received 1,869 Likes on 829 Posts
2023 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Trying putting yourself on the waitlist and be ready to adjust your plans when they email/call you if someone drops out.

They were full up when I called but I gave them a range of dates and they called me and the slot alignment was perfect for my schedule.

calling them is the best way

Quick Reply: The Ron Fellows school meetup thread