Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New software update 10/6/2022 issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2022, 07:22 AM
CaryBob
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 345 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by C8J
Has anyone with a MY 2020 or 2021 had this update offered to them? Or is it just for 2022 and onward?
My 2020 had an update about a week ago.
Old 10-10-2022, 07:34 AM
CRABBYJ
Safety Car

Received 1,293 Likes on 722 Posts
Unmodified C8 of the Year 2021 Finalist
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by C8J
Has anyone with a MY 2020 or 2021 had this update offered to them? Or is it just for 2022 and onward?
My very early ‘20 C8 build (02/20/2020 - VIN ~1k) updated fine in < 5 minutes.
Old 10-10-2022, 09:22 AM
RKCRLR
Le Mans Master

Received 6,217 Likes on 3,411 Posts

Originally Posted by chozn4service
I just had an update yesterday on my 2020 Z51 and it went as expected. Seems like when I first started getting updates the ‘Details’ told you what the OTA download was for, now the details just explain how to do it or what to expect during the load and how long it’ll take.
tried to do a search on the OTA software number but found nothing but I’m always curious what they’re for so I know what to expect. The OTA software update on 10/8/2022 was N21235010
I believe that is one of the numbers for the phone left in charger update. It appears the updates can have different numbers for the same update depending on the target vehicle configuration.
The following users liked this post:
Steve Speed (05-04-2023)
Old 10-10-2022, 10:19 AM
chozn4service
Advanced

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by RKCRLR
I believe that is one of the numbers for the phone left in charger update. It appears the updates can have different numbers for the same update depending on the target vehicle configuration.
Ah thanks for the response! Wish there was a chime to let me know the phone is in the charger upon exiting, I leave it all the time since I started using a dongle which makes it wireless for Apple CarPlay like the 2021. With no need for a lightening cord I forget all about it.

Wish there was an index with OTA SOFTWARE UPDATES that you could refer to. 🤷🏽
Old 10-10-2022, 10:27 AM
RKCRLR
Le Mans Master

Ah thanks for the response! Wish there was a chime to let me know the phone is in the charger upon exiting, I leave it all the time since I started using a dongle which makes it wireless for Apple CarPlay like the 2021. With no need for a lightening cord I forget all about it.

Wish there was an index with OTA SOFTWARE UPDATES that you could refer to. 🤷🏽
I've installed the update for the phone left in the charger message twice now (different number) but it has never worked for me. Please report back if it does anything for you.
I agree there should be an index for the different software updates.
Old 10-10-2022, 02:01 PM
chozn4service
Advanced

I've installed the update for the phone left in the charger message twice now (different number) but it has never worked for me. Please report back if it does anything for you.
I agree there should be an index for the different software updates.

Okay it worked, ‘Phone Left In Charger’ popped up in the right side of the DIC. That’s a welcomed note to get cause I always see that when exiting and this was the first time that I saw it though it may have been there before, but because I was unaware I didn’t see/notice it. Good job Chevrolet! Still I wish each update gave you a heads up what it’s about or for prior to download.
RKCRLR (10-10-2022)
Old 10-10-2022, 02:07 PM
RKCRLR
Le Mans Master

Okay it worked, ‘Phone Left In Charger’ popped up in the right side of the DIC. That’s a welcomed note to get cause I always see that when exiting and this was the first time that I saw it though it may have been there before, but because I was unaware I didn’t see/notice it. Good job Chevrolet! Still I wish each update gave you a heads up what it’s about or for prior to download.
You can see what the update is for but you have to read it prior to installation. There isn't way (that I know of) to see it after installation. Good to know it worked for your car - I may have hope.
Old 10-10-2022, 02:42 PM
chozn4service
Advanced

You can see what the update is for but you have to read it prior to installation. There isn't way (that I know of) to see it after installation. Good to know it worked for your car - I may have hope.
In the beginning my updates would
have an ‘About This Update/Install’ and it would tell me what it was for or directed to, but now all gives me is instructions on the download and what NOT to do during the install and the radio may play after leaving the car and the car will be unavailable until after the download. Nothing any more geared toward the purpose or what it pertains to anymore.
Really like this new feature and it’s just something that should have been automatic with the car and thank God as we go along they’re able to do these updates OTA.
I also got the notification on Sunday the day after the install, when I got in the car it informed me that the ‘UpDate Was Successful’.
Old 10-10-2022, 03:13 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,669 Likes on 8,312 Posts

Yes, and no. The descriptions are incredibly cryptic, don't provide any details whatsoever, and sometimes don't even address the category of problem addressed. For example, the update that addressed the auto headlights problem on later production '22 C8s made zero mention of that. The only specific thing it mentioned was "HVAC improvements," but I've seen no info on what those improvements were.

By contrast, when Apple releases an IOS update, one can click on a more info button and receive a specific list of categories and features addressed.
chozn4service (10-10-2022)
Old 10-10-2022, 04:10 PM
JoeB3
Racer

Received 330 Likes on 153 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Modified
2023 C8 of the Year Winner - Modified

Originally Posted by Sunset Orng 05
Anyone with a 23 get this update? I’ve seen no indication at all that my car was updated. I took my car into the dealer on the 5th to have stripes put on and picked it up late on the 6th. I checked to see if an update was pending and could be updated manually but it showed none. Is there a way to see which, if any, updates have been loaded?
i just went into my system settings. when i select 'About' it tells me i'm on 'Build Number' W28E. then when i select the info button next to it - it then takes me to another About screen and gives me a very drawn out version number (with a date of Dec 15, 2020):

full_gminfo36_fb/user/6.0.1/W28E-V155.3.8-MIHS21B-107/28/release-keys
my C8 is a 2021. The section under the date appears to list the 'Update History', but for me shows nothing under it for the remainder of the page. just blank space. i've never been prompted for an update after a year of ownership, and it appears i'm running a build that is close to 2 years old now. i keep trying to 'Check for Updates' but it keeps coming back saying there are none.

i've also had my car services for first oil change. you figure they would have done any necessary updates then. sure doesn't reflect as much on the Update History view.
Old 10-10-2022, 04:52 PM
RKCRLR
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by JoeB3
i just went into my system settings. when i select 'About' it tells me i'm on 'Build Number' W28E. then when i select the info button next to it - it then takes me to another About screen and gives me a very drawn out version number (with a date of Dec 15, 2020):

full_gminfo36_fb/user/6.0.1/W28E-V155.3.8-MIHS21B-107/28/release-keys
my C8 is a 2021. The section under the date appears to list the 'Update History', but for me shows nothing under it for the remainder of the page. just blank space. i've never been prompted for an update after a year of ownership, and it appears i'm running a build that is close to 2 years old now. i keep trying to 'Check for Updates' but it keeps coming back saying there are none.

i've also had my car services for first oil change. you figure they would have done any necessary updates then. sure doesn't reflect as much on the Update History view.
When I brought my 2020 in for its first annual service I told the service writer that I have never received any updates. They installed several updates using their tool and told me one of the updates should fix the problem with OTA updates. Their updates don't show in the history. In March I received a notice that an update was available and I successfully installed it. It was supposed to be for the phone left in charger message but i never received any messages. In September I received another notification that an update was available. It was the same update number as the one I installed in March. I successfully installed it and still don't get a message that I left my phone in the charger.
JoeB3 (10-10-2022)

Quick Reply: New software update 10/6/2022 issues