Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm Thinking of changing over to NCM Insurance on my C8

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2022, 01:10 PM
promethius
Burning Brakes

Received 381 Likes on 191 Posts

Sorry but having to pay for a restrictive classic insurance policy on a mass production car is just silly......IMHO.
Get up in the morning on a crisp sunny autumn day. Perfect to drop the top and cruise and the first thing you have to think about is.......oh wait, can I drive it today, because I have already drove it this week and will it be covered if something happens. No thanks! I will pay my State Farm premiums for the luxury of driving my car anytime I want, where I want and for how long I want, w/o worrying about insurance coverage.
Old 07-01-2022, 01:14 PM
cor66vette
Le Mans Master

Received 1,308 Likes on 690 Posts
C3 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
C2 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack
Your best bet to get answers to your questions is to contact the NCM Insurance Agency directly and speak with either Adam Boca or one of the other staff members there. ...

Pick up the phone, and stop wasting your time posting here. If you want answers, just call Adam

Adam Boca
Executive Director
NCM Insurance Agency
350 Corvette Drive
Bowling Green, KY 42101
877.678.7626 | 270.777.4520 Fax | 270.775.0500 Text
info@ncminsurance.com|ncminsurance.com
The following users liked this post:
Steve~74 (07-01-2022)
Old 07-01-2022, 01:39 PM
Local-GS
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by promethius
Sorry but having to pay for a restrictive classic insurance policy on a mass production car is just silly......IMHO.
Get up in the morning on a crisp sunny autumn day. Perfect to drop the top and cruise and the first thing you have to think about is.......oh wait, can I drive it today, because I have already drove it this week and will it be covered if something happens. No thanks! I will pay my State Farm premiums for the luxury of driving my car anytime I want, where I want and for how long I want, w/o worrying about insurance coverage.
those NCM people must monitor their clients pretty close….😂 you won’t have to worry about that, they rig the car so it can only be started twice a week😏
Old 07-01-2022, 02:17 PM
DEANDOLLA
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 93 Likes on 69 Posts

i moved my policy just after i met the guys from NCMI at Carilse, JOE ,ADAM and all the crew seem great to work with and i stop in when i stop by the NCM and say hi and wave a hand , i never made a claim and i try to make sure that never happens but you cant control other drivers/people actions that may force you to have to , i like the agreed value part , with over 65 grand in a c6 z06 and still going in the car i just did not feel progressive ,state farm , was the best choice for me and my needs and it is a garage queen that only moves for the weekends and events so it depends on the car and driver needs IMO but so far i can say they are great people to work with and they only cover corvettes only
ncminsurance (07-01-2022)
Old 07-01-2022, 02:24 PM
C8J
Le Mans Master

Received 3,152 Likes on 1,717 Posts

Correct me if I am wrong, but when I initially looked into the insurance at NCM, It appeared to me that NCM has noting to do with the insurance agency other than providing an office location for the independent (from NCM) insurance agency. NCM gets some form of payment/commission, but that is the extent of it. As I said, just do a direct donation to the NCM if you want and purchase the best insurance that fits your needs.
Steve~74 (07-01-2022)
Old 07-01-2022, 04:01 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,485 Likes on 1,947 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Just a compliment: there's really some good information on this thread for those who are reading it. Very appreciated. Thanks. Have a good and safe 4th of July!
Old 07-01-2022, 04:17 PM
Steve~74
Drifting

Received 96 Likes on 40 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Adam Boca is great! Helped me with my '74
Old 07-01-2022, 04:23 PM
seafordguy
Racer

Received 380 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by MattMD
Yeah USAA has always been the lowest for me. The additional 20% over actual cash value for me was $90/6months so about $15 per month and it would pay out $15,000+ if I ever had to use it.

NCM and others have all these weird rules that don't fit my use case.
just insured mine yesterday. I didn’t bother shopping. Just called USAA and had them add - entire policy was an extra $30/ month. Unbelievably cheap and their customer service is just exceptional. So glad my wife was a lifetime member……. Financed through them too. Again didn’t bother shopping or using some online financed to MAYBE save a 1/10 of a point….. great company.

now the agonizing 10 day wait until I fly to BG!!
Old 07-01-2022, 04:29 PM
Steve~74
Drifting

Received 96 Likes on 40 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by C8J
Correct me if I am wrong, but when I initially looked into the insurance at NCM, It appeared to me that NCM has noting to do with the insurance agency other than providing an office location for the independent (from NCM) insurance agency. NCM gets some form of payment/commission, but that is the extent of it. As I said, just do a direct donation to the NCM if you want and purchase the best insurance that fits your needs.
NCM classic insurance policies are underwritten by American Modern Insurance Company

Last edited by Steve~74; 07-02-2022 at 08:44 AM.
Old 07-01-2022, 11:35 PM
ncminsurance
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 299 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by C8J
I will chime in tomorrow to comment on additional items of interest, but the above is incorrect. NCM = National Corvette Museum. The foundation (National Corvette Museum) receives dividends. While we are part of the for-profit side of the family of companies we are part of the same family.
Old 07-02-2022, 12:45 AM
Kevin A Jones
Race Director

Received 11,764 Likes on 5,617 Posts

Originally Posted by ncminsurance
I will chime in tomorrow to comment on additional items of interest, but the above is incorrect. NCM = National Corvette Museum. The foundation (National Corvette Museum) receives dividends. While we are part of the for-profit side of the family of companies we are part of the same family.
Thanks Adam, perhaps you can clear up misinformation about NCM that's been shared in this thread.

Quick Reply: I'm Thinking of changing over to NCM Insurance on my C8