Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another DCT issue P2856

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2022, 02:54 PM
dajayc
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Another DCT issue P2856

Drove 150 miles yesterday, no problems.

started it up in the evening, check engine light.. onstar ran diagnostic came back with code P2856…

going to take in to service but who knows how long they’ll have it waiting on potential parts and working on it.

thought I was spared from all the DCT horrors I read about. 😞

bought brand new in February, 2022 3LT HTC, 4,000 miles or so.

anyone else have this issue? On Facebook others said theirs was a valve body…

Old 06-24-2022, 03:19 PM
Bob Paris
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,370 Likes on 1,062 Posts

Relax, this is not a big issue. I had the same thing happen with my '22 HTC Z51 at 300 miles. There was debris affecting the solenoid(s) in the DCT and the code was thrown. The CEL cleared itself and never returned. Car drove fine. I did not take the car in for service until the 7,800 mile mark where the transmission fluid was circulated and then the filter changed. Your experience will likely be similar.
Old 06-24-2022, 03:21 PM
dajayc
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Paris
Relax, this is not a big issue. I had the same thing happen with my '22 HTC Z51 at 300 miles. There was debris affecting the solenoid(s) in the DCT and the code was thrown. The CEL cleared itself and never returned. Car drove fine. I did not take the car in for service until the 7,800 mile mark where the transmission fluid was circulated and then the filter changed. Your experience will likely be similar.
nice, I am not ‘worried’ per se, just inconvenienced I suppose; I’m in Seattle, it’s our first decent weekend and this happens LOL

how long did the light take to go away (if you recall)? I’m wondering if I should drive around a bit before actually taking the car in..?
Old 06-24-2022, 03:32 PM
Bob Paris
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,370 Likes on 1,062 Posts

The CEL cleared itself later the same day that it first appeared. I did not have many "drive cycles" after the CEL first showed up and was surprised how fast it went away. Drive yours a bit and see what happens. Good luck & enjoy!
Old 06-24-2022, 10:39 PM
01 Coupe
Racer

Location: Denton, TX My goal in life is to be as good of a person that my dog already thinks I am.
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Tranny issue CEL

I had this issue two weeks ago on my 2020. 8,200 miles and the tranny was serviced and filter changed at 7,000. CEL came on took it to the dealer. They followed GMs bulletin and flushed he system three times. Reset and cleared light/codes. I was told if it comes back that the next step is to replace the valve.
Old 06-24-2022, 10:56 PM
newcastlegreg
Racer

Received 109 Likes on 65 Posts

You know I think the thing I hate the most about cars is the CEL. GM has got us back in the 80’s again… in those days I used to put a little piece of electricians tape on the dash to cover up the CEL light because they were always on when they first invented CEL. I really bit the bullet To buy an auto trans c8 ya ya I know it’s not an automatic- its a DCT. I really don’t like a transmission with a bunch of finicky solenoids and I hate that pink fluid! Every time I start the car I am hoping the silly little light goes out. And what’s with that little grabiness when creeping along? I could feather a clutch smoother than the DCT computer does…

Get notified of new replies

To Another DCT issue P2856

Quick Reply: Another DCT issue P2856