Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New ADM trick for the Z06.

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2022, 01:57 PM
nhlgopens
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 168 Likes on 79 Posts

What do they do if you choose museum delivery?
Old 06-07-2022, 01:59 PM
R.I.B.S.
Melting Slicks

Location: On a Tropical Island in the South Pacific Roscoes Incredible BBQ Sensations
Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9 Veteran Chef
St. Jude Donor '09

Do a R8C museum delivery package...They dont get the chance to add anything on to it when they dont physically get to see the car
The following 2 users liked this post by R.I.B.S.:
heysteveh (06-07-2022), stvdman (06-07-2022)
Old 06-07-2022, 02:29 PM
SSWIM
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 65 Posts

If I can get a Z06 at MSRP plus an "accessory" package, even 13K such as the Hendricks deal, I will sign up right now. As long as I get it in the next year.

Sam
Old 06-07-2022, 02:30 PM
tsigwing
Burning Brakes

Received 976 Likes on 420 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast Dawg
They added an Accessory Package" and it was a very bad deal in more than one way. Hendrick dealerships have an Area GM who manages three to four dealerships in a certain geographic area and reports directly to Hendrick's Automotive headquarters. They make the decision to add the package or not. Some Hendrick dealers are still selling at MSRP with no accessory package.

The accessory package was for every order after 9/1/21 so I still got mine at MSRP from them. The accessory package is full frontal PPF, window tint, and ceramic coat the car. It was $8,500 for the Stingray and $13,500 for the Z06. Their Corvette Sales Manager and his staff had to call every person on their Z06 wait list and tell them to take it or they would be dropped from the wait list and their deposit would be refunded. The guy who owns the shop that does all my ceramic coatings for me sat with the Area GM and set up the accessory package for him. He was going to use Xpel, Ceramic Pro, and hire an experienced person to come in and do the window tint because PPF and ceramic coating is all he does. After they shook hands the Area GM called him a few weeks later and told him they decided to hire someone off the street to apply the PPF, then they were sending the cars to a shop that I know just got into the ceramic coating business recently for the ceramic coat and window tint. My friend never saw a car from them but he doesn't care. He gets so much work from Vengeance Racing - he is right next door to them - plus people like me who send friends to him and they send their friends, etc......

The Corvette Sales Manager, who had built their Corvette business to #7 in the world, quit the dealership because of this and some other matters. Surprisingly this doesn't seem to have affected their ranking through May 2022.

https://www.corvetteblogger.com/2022...ough-may-2022/
This is completely indefensible. If you want to force products to the vehicle and have your customers take it or leave it, fine. But charging two different prices for the exact same products, that I have a problem with.
Old 06-07-2022, 02:32 PM
Andybump
Le Mans Master

Received 3,815 Likes on 2,266 Posts

Although its inconsistent, at least in one place in the Owner's Manual does not recommend applyiing clearcoat, sealant/wax materials to the paint. And we have instances on this forum where warranty repair on headlights has been denied with the assertion that the PPF caused the issue. What happens if you protectants installed that your dealer required you to buy, and they cause an issue with paint, leather, etc. In any case, for me, as I mentioned above, its not only about the money - I don't want any of that stuff applied by the dealer even it its free. While ADM may be accepted practice (when its stated up front), it seems that insisting on putting non GM products on the car (Ceramic Coating, PPF, etc) should not be acceptable to GM. Either do a regular ADM, or require the purchase of the Platinum Protection Plan or extended B to B warranty at an inflated price, or sell me some overpriced accessories.......

Old 06-07-2022, 02:34 PM
Ragtop 99
Safety Car

Received 1,187 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by nhlgopens
What do they do if you choose museum delivery?
The dealer doesn't allow that option. Since they order the car, they just won't check that box. Or they negotiate a straight ADM payment in lieu of the extras.

Last edited by Ragtop 99; 06-07-2022 at 04:10 PM.
Old 06-07-2022, 03:40 PM
Fast Dawg
Le Mans Master

Received 2,529 Likes on 1,608 Posts

Originally Posted by SSWIM
If I can get a Z06 at MSRP plus an "accessory" package, even 13K such as the Hendricks deal, I will sign up right now. As long as I get it in the next year.

Sam
I don't know about their Z06 list, but when I picked up my C8 last September the Corvette Sales Manager told me that their wait list was so long that with his projected allocations they had already sold every 2022 C8 they would get.

Originally Posted by tsigwing
This is completely indefensible. If you want to force products to the vehicle and have your customers take it or leave it, fine. But charging two different prices for the exact same products, that I have a problem with.

Old 06-07-2022, 04:28 PM
RobsVette04
Burning Brakes

Received 556 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by tsigwing
Yes, you can.
Second that. My C8 was not 1 penny over MSRP, and had NO add ons whatsoever.
Old 06-07-2022, 04:32 PM
Drew888
Racer

Received 120 Likes on 82 Posts

I believe many have claimed they bought their c8 for MSRP but are not mentioning that they had to purchase an accessory package.

"Bear in mind all of the Corvettes we order do require an accessory package which includes paint protection film, ceramic coating, window tinting, LoJack for 3 years and wheel locks"
Old 06-07-2022, 05:05 PM
Red Mist Rulz
Race Director

Received 8,539 Likes on 4,274 Posts

Originally Posted by Drew888
I believe many have claimed they bought their c8 for MSRP but are not mentioning that they had to purchase an accessory package.

"Bear in mind all of the Corvettes we order do require an accessory package which includes paint protection film, ceramic coating, window tinting, LoJack for 3 years and wheel locks"
Those of use who bought from the big three didn't have to purchase any accessory package. We got our cars at MSRP and (at 2 of those dealers) a relatively small processing fee.

As for the OP's post, depending on what they're charging for the package this might not be too unreasonable. Considering more than a few dealers are tacking on ADM of $50K to $100K, a $10K dealer package could be considered almost reasonable.
Old 06-07-2022, 08:21 PM
THX_ZORA
Burning Brakes

Received 609 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by Cenzoooo
You see that TruCoat, they put it on at the factory...
Ha! I am a fan of all their films, but this one is really really special.....
Old 06-13-2022, 07:31 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,485 Likes on 1,947 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by Andybump
Besides being overpriced, I actually do not want anything applied to my paint, interior, or tires. I would rather pay an ADM than have that stuff put on my car.
What? Are you mad? No "seat protector, paint protector, undercoating, or pinstripes"?
The following users liked this post:
Andybump (06-14-2022)
Old 06-13-2022, 01:27 PM
rider1
Instructor

Received 108 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by R.I.B.S.
Do a R8C museum delivery package...They dont get the chance to add anything on to it when they dont physically get to see the car
Only one of the reasons I chose a museum delivery, no BS stuff added. After I got home I took the car into a window tint place, it was 400.00 cheaper over the dealer.
Old 06-13-2022, 03:32 PM
eurostyle
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

The Dealer is RH Chevrolet in Duluth, for the Z06 they charge $13.500, the new ADM gimmick.
Old 06-13-2022, 03:56 PM
raleona
Racer

Received 210 Likes on 131 Posts

I think the best gimmick discussed here on this forum was the scam involving a large donation to the dealership's charity vice ADM fee.
Old 06-13-2022, 08:19 PM
Fast Dawg
Le Mans Master

Received 2,529 Likes on 1,608 Posts

Originally Posted by eurostyle
The Dealer is RH Chevrolet in Duluth, for the Z06 they charge $13.500, the new ADM gimmick.
See post #20. I explained it exactly as it was explained to me by the Corvette Sales Manager at RHD two weeks before he left that job. It's not really a market adjustment if they are giving you something for it even if it's way overpriced.

Quick Reply: New ADM trick for the Z06.