Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C8 70th Anniversary

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2022, 01:07 PM
Brian Fisher
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Default C8 70th Anniversary

I saw S/N #1 of the White C8 70th Anniversary Stingray in the Corvette Coral at Laguna Seca a couple of weekends ago. I have been planning on ordering a 70th Anniversary Z06 when my name comes up.

Now I am questioning that decision, I am concerned about the Suede Dash & Console. First how to clean, but 2nd will the Console show wear marks from my elbow and oil/sweat/etc?

It had the GT2 Seats and the white already looked dirty and it is new. The car was locked so you could not get inside.

Appreciate comments on the Console wear from my elbow and oil/sweat/etc.

Thanks
Old 05-13-2022, 01:48 PM
vetteLT193
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 525 Likes on 315 Posts

The material they use is pretty robust and cleanable. The lighter seats in all c8s look dirty because of the perforations. I'm not sure why they look like that but they just do even brand new. I guess just get used to it?
Old 05-13-2022, 04:32 PM
Red Mist Rulz
Race Director

Received 8,543 Likes on 4,277 Posts

The microsuede isn't hard to clean IF you keep up with it. It's actually plastic (like a microfiber sweatshirt or jacket), not leather. Sonax Alcantara cleaner works well, but on a light color you'll probably want to clean up high contact areas every month or so. Low contact areas maybe only a couple of times a year.

Get notified of new replies

To C8 70th Anniversary

Quick Reply: C8 70th Anniversary