Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help - problem viewing museum webcams

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2022, 12:16 PM
MarkMeHopeful
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,554 Likes on 847 Posts
2022 C8 of the Year Finalist - Modified
Default Help - problem viewing museum webcams

I used to watch the webcams at the National Corvette Museum with Google Chrome on my Dell Inspiron laptop. Then a few months ago they stopped working for me and I haven't been able to view them since. I thought it was a problem with my laptop and just gave up watching.

I recently had to replace my laptop and have a new Dell XPS with Windows 11. So I thought I would try the webcams again. To my surprise I still couldn't view them using Chrome. But I did discover that I can view them just fine using Microsoft Edge browser.

This makes no sense to me as the website even says Webcams best enjoyed using Google Chrome. I am at a loss to explain this and was wondering if any members here have had a similar problem.
Old 04-05-2022, 12:25 PM
Dads2kconvertible
Drifting

Received 638 Likes on 424 Posts

There are a wide variety of settings and add-ons available for web browsers. One or more of them is likely the source of your issue.
Are you able to view other cams? https://www.nps.gov/subjects/watchin...fe/webcams.htm
Do you see an empty space where the cam feed should be, an error message, something else...?
Old 04-05-2022, 12:28 PM
jakeman007
Pro

Received 447 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkMeHopeful
I used to watch the webcams at the National Corvette Museum with Google Chrome on my Dell Inspiron laptop. Then a few months ago they stopped working for me and I haven't been able to view them since. I thought it was a problem with my laptop and just gave up watching.

I recently had to replace my laptop and have a new Dell XPS with Windows 11. So I thought I would try the webcams again. To my surprise I still couldn't view them using Chrome. But I did discover that I can view them just fine using Microsoft Edge browser.

This makes no sense to me as the website even says Webcams best enjoyed using Google Chrome. I am at a loss to explain this and was wondering if any members here have had a similar problem.
Can you access this webcam: https://www.deaddogsaloon.com/live-cams

It should be the stage of a restaurant. Right now, you should see people outside and flags waving.
Old 04-05-2022, 12:37 PM
Hyper8
Heel & Toe

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default ✅ Solution

Originally Posted by MarkMeHopeful

You have to enable 3rd party cookies in settings.

Last edited by Zymurgy; 04-05-2022 at 06:40 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Dads2kconvertible (04-05-2022)
Old 04-05-2022, 01:44 PM
MarkMeHopeful
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Bingo! Third party cookies was the answer - thanks. For the others who posted another webcam link - yes, I can view those just fine.
Old 04-05-2022, 07:30 PM
KingTut
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Here are the Museum web cam links

https://www.corvettemuseum.org/explore/web-cams/

Last edited by KingTut; 04-05-2022 at 07:50 PM.
Old 04-05-2022, 07:48 PM
MarkMeHopeful
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Google Corvette Museum webcams - there are 8 cameras filming the C8's being delivered, a camera of the entire lineup of deliveries (Corvette circle) and the front and rear outside cameras (front circle and NCM logo circle).

Get notified of new replies

To Help - problem viewing museum webcams

Quick Reply: Help - problem viewing museum webcams