Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Open car show in Boerne this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2022, 09:13 AM
Korbek
Melting Slicks

Received 2,029 Likes on 835 Posts

Originally Posted by HeadTurner
I was there and it was a great show… I have a “Smurf “ C8 with the Vossen wheels and black stripes..Great turn out for the C8’s and all other Vettes.
I jest a lot about the color but I'm not against it. I just wish there was an option for a darker sapphire blue. Even ELB is too light for my tastes.

My wife loves the smurf blue and tried to talk me into getting it.

Next year I'm going to try and coordinate all the forum members that are attending to arrive together at 7am so we can park together as a group if folks are interested.
Old 04-04-2022, 09:24 AM
WackyBob
Pro

Received 341 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Korbek
I jest a lot about the color but I'm not against it. I just wish there was an option for a darker sapphire blue. Even ELB is too light for my tastes.

My wife loves the smurf blue and tried to talk me into getting it.

Next year I'm going to try and coordinate all the forum members that are attending to arrive together at 7am so we can park together as a group if folks are interested.
Y'all should look at joining the TCA (Texas Corvette Association). It's a great club. It's been in existence since 1979 and we currently have about 300 active members. Our monthly meetings are the first Tuesday of every month at 6:45 pm at Longhorn Cafe in Boerne, TX.

In fact our April meeting is tomorrow evening. We would love to welcome you to check it out !

www.Texas-Corvette-Association.com
Old 04-04-2022, 09:25 AM
plmmd
Burning Brakes

Received 847 Likes on 365 Posts

I dont get the frunk open thing for the C8s on display. I dont think Ive opened my frunk more than 6 times in the last 16 months of ownership. What exactly is being demonstrated- that a new car has a clean trunk? Also the open HTC rear bonnet? Showing how clean you made the plastic over the engine u cant see?

The following users liked this post:
F4Gary (04-04-2022)
Old 04-04-2022, 10:10 AM
lewislgZ06
NCM Lifetime Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,937 Likes on 2,017 Posts
2021 Corvette of the Year - Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Winner- Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
St. Jude Donor '18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

That was an awesome car show! Thank you for the video and for all the pics that were posted.
Old 04-04-2022, 11:04 AM
berryvette
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by HeadTurner
I was there and it was a great show… I have a “Smurf “ C8 with the Vossen wheels and black stripes..Great turn out for the C8’s and all other Vettes.
Headturner, I was in the ceramic matrix grey convertible on the other side of you. It was great talking to you and your club members.
Old 04-04-2022, 11:33 AM
Sicky
Racer

Received 372 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by WackyBob
Y'all should look at joining the TCA (Texas Corvette Association). It's a great club. It's been in existence since 1979 and we currently have about 300 active members. Our monthly meetings are the first Tuesday of every month at 6:45 pm at Longhorn Cafe in Boerne, TX.

In fact our April meeting is tomorrow evening. We would love to welcome you to check it out !

That's great that the monthly got moved to Longhorn. We've been out of the loop since getting off FB and selling the C7. Hopefully we'll get more involved later this summer.

I'll give you a call this evening about that other thing.
Old 04-04-2022, 01:06 PM
F4Gary
Le Mans Master

Received 781 Likes on 472 Posts
2018 C3 of Year Finalist
2016 C3 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by plmmd
I dont get the frunk open thing for the C8s on display. I dont think Ive opened my frunk more than 6 times in the last 16 months of ownership. What exactly is being demonstrated- that a new car has a clean trunk? Also the open HTC rear bonnet? Showing how clean you made the plastic over the engine u cant see?
Teslas do that with their frunk too.

And I don't get puting the top half-way down either.

Looked like a great show.
Old 04-04-2022, 04:12 PM
HeadTurner
Racer

Received 77 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by berryvette
Headturner, I was in the ceramic matrix grey convertible on the other side of you. It was great talking to you and your club members.
Nice to meet you and beautiful car!
Old 04-04-2022, 05:00 PM
KentCNC
Racer

Received 296 Likes on 120 Posts

I have been unable to see all the C8 colors in person until going to this show. I had my MY23 order accepted last Thursday. I had ordered Arctic White. After seeing the Ceramic Matrix Gray at the show I decided I really prefer that color over Arctic White. Luckily my order could be changed until this Wednesday when it goes to 3000 status. Great show and perfect timing for me!
The following users liked this post:
Korbek (04-05-2022)
Old 04-05-2022, 08:52 AM
Korbek
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by WackyBob

Definitely plan to! Will try to make it out to longhorn tonight if the wife is up for it.

Originally Posted by plmmd
Apparently someone caught a pic or two of mine with the frunk open while I was getting a drink from my cooler and/or wiping her down (towels in frunk). I agree there's no point in showing off a frunk lol.

Originally Posted by F4Gary
Teslas do that with their frunk too.

And I don't get puting the top half-way down either.

Looked like a great show.
I did keep my top half way up/down for quite a while as it allows those on the fence between HTC and Coupe to see that the HTC mechanism is robust and reliable (enough). The problems with the HTC gears and whatnot are the exception, most work flawlessly. It's also interesting for non HTC fans who maybe never saw one to see how it works.

Last edited by Korbek; 04-05-2022 at 09:31 AM.
Old 04-05-2022, 04:07 PM
F4Gary
Le Mans Master

Received 781 Likes on 472 Posts
2018 C3 of Year Finalist
2016 C3 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Korbek
I did keep my top half way up/down for quite a while as it allows those on the fence between HTC and Coupe to see that the HTC mechanism is robust and reliable (enough). The problems with the HTC gears and whatnot are the exception, most work flawlessly. It's also interesting for non HTC fans who maybe never saw one to see how it works.
Except everyone does it.
Old 04-05-2022, 07:15 PM
Korbek
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by F4Gary
Except everyone does it.
Eh, everyone shows off their engine even though its mass produced. I never even showed off my "hand built 1 man 1 engine" AMG engine... never understood the desire. I dont look at the convertible being half-down as showing off, just showing. And if lots do it? Eh, doesn't matter to me. To each his own.

Last edited by Korbek; 04-05-2022 at 09:01 PM.

Quick Reply: Open car show in Boerne this weekend