Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C8-2023- who should I order from?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2022, 10:15 AM
rip74
Racer

Received 137 Likes on 50 Posts

Did they take it for a run on the salt flats? Maybe snow but dry lakebed would certainly have been more fun for the PDI tech.

Originally Posted by Revette
I went to my local dealer in August of ‘21 and gave them a deposit for a ‘22 for an msrp deal. They didn’t have an allocation at that time but said I was next in line. Well, tomorrow I do the paperwork on my new Corvette. Skip the big dealers and look local. There are people waiting for a year with the big Corvette dealers that have nothing to show for that wasted time. Here’s my car.
Old 03-07-2022, 10:24 AM
nrcomando
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!! I decided to buy from Mike Furman at Criswell. The local dealers on L.I. did not make me feel secure that I would not be played with when the car comes as some of you have explained from your personal experiences. One comment from another dealer was ....WHO ...who is Mike Furman??!! WHAT?? Really?? LOL That sealed it for me!
The following users liked this post:
saleen556 (03-07-2022)
Old 03-07-2022, 12:35 PM
Fast Dawg
Le Mans Master

Received 2,532 Likes on 1,610 Posts

Mike Furman is definitely the top Corvette salesman and he treats his customers very well. He organizes trips just for his customers to Ron Fellows as an example. You will also wait longer ordering from him because Criswell doesn't get the number of allocations that the big dealers get. The drawback with the top two dealers now is that their wait lists have gotten so long in the last year you'll wait about 12 months - up from the 9 month delivery times I was seeing last year.

I recently had two friends get a 2022 C8 in less than four months from two different small town dealers. They, like others have suggested, started calling around asking about allocations, etc.......and their cars are now sitting in their garages. I got my car in five months last year because of members here suggesting I go see a local dealer. It can happen if you find the right dealer.

As for dealers playing games with you if you order at MSRP and then they jack up the price when the car arrives GM recently sent out a memo to dealers telling them there would be consequences for it. I've seen two people call dealers out and both were refunded the extra they were charged when they took delivery after they filed complaints with GM.

Last edited by Fast Dawg; 03-07-2022 at 01:17 PM.
tadda (03-07-2022)
Old 03-07-2022, 12:45 PM
nrcomando
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

I am on Long Island and don't trust the local chevy dealers for an order. We buy new cars on the average every 2 years and I rarely feel so good about the salesman on Long Island to go back and always going to a different dealer anyway. Mike Furman has a great rep and GM awards him but I do not see any of that at my local dealers so Mike got my order. 9 months or 12 months don't bother me, I can still enjoy my 2019 til then.
The salesman and reputation is more important than the time I wait.....BUT...BUT REMEMBER the dealers that are overcharging will get allocations CUT so maybe Mike will benefit by his honest salesmanship and get higher allocation in 2023.
saleen556 (03-07-2022)
Old 03-07-2022, 01:25 PM
Fast Dawg
Le Mans Master

Received 2,532 Likes on 1,610 Posts

Originally Posted by nrcomando
I am on Long Island and don't trust the local chevy dealers for an order. We buy new cars on the average every 2 years and I rarely feel so good about the salesman on Long Island to go back and always going to a different dealer anyway. Mike Furman has a great rep and GM awards him but I do not see any of that at my local dealers so Mike got my order. 9 months or 12 months don't bother me, I can still enjoy my 2019 til then.
The salesman and reputation is more important than the time I wait.....BUT...BUT REMEMBER the dealers that are overcharging will get allocations CUT so maybe Mike will benefit by his honest salesmanship and get higher allocation in 2023.
That's not likely because dealers are franchises and GM can't tell them what to charge for their cars. MSRP - the S means Suggested. The only thing GM can do is what they have already done - threaten to punish dealers who tell a customer they will sell at MSRP when the customer places their order and then the dealer jacks up the price when the car arrives. That tarnishes the brand and probably violates their dealer agreement with GM. The punishment that I have seen for just two people who complained when this happened to them is the dealer refunded their money. At that point the dealer had made the customer whole and GM is probably satisfied. I don't see GM cutting allocations to dealers who have a track record of selling their product quickly. The Corvette isn't the only GM product on these dealer's lots and certainly not the vehicle that any dealer sells the most out of the entire line-up.
Old 03-07-2022, 03:25 PM
ADVette
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Damesbond
Any suggestions if your’re in N. California?
I live in NorCal and have 2 orders in:

1. With MacMulkin since they will deliver here (I used to live in NJ and tried Ciocca but no one returned my calls.)
2. With Rydell in Northridge, CA - Shorter wait, but need to pay $5k over MSRP. I am OK doing this as there is a fee for MM to deliver to CA (so it makes up for part of it.). Plus, I can pick it up and drive it home.

Both have refundable deposits so I will cancel the other once my order is processed. Whoever orders first wins

My salesman at Rydell is Armen Kesablyan. He has been great answering all of my requests.

Quick Reply: C8-2023- who should I order from?