Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C8 Owners-Likes And Dislikes

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2022, 11:25 AM
Warp Ten
Drifting

Received 598 Likes on 350 Posts

My 2021 Z51 HTC 3LT is a fantastic car.

Launch Control is amazing, I consider it savage.
Cornering at or above 1g with almost no tire Squeal.
Top down with one touch of a button.
DTC

My only Dislike
The little lights in the buttons on the wall of buttons are not readable when the top is down on a sunny day.
Old 01-05-2022, 12:25 PM
cecilt
Pro

Received 230 Likes on 134 Posts

Dislikes are few and nit picky as I think the C8 is AWESOME:

1) Need more storage
2) When switching channels using the steering wheel controls there is too much of a delay
3) Side view camera would be very helpful for the HTC
4) Soft close frunk
5) Close HTC with Fob
6) Lock door with a push of a button on the door not the Fob or the auto lock. With auto lock I am walking and waiting for the horn to chirp that it locked.

Nit picky but still some things I think they could improve on.
Old 01-05-2022, 01:58 PM
THX_ZORA
Burning Brakes

Received 610 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by Zormecteon
lack of a CD player. Why put a fantastic stereo into a car and then limit it to digitally compressed files that will never use the system to its capabilities? All digital music is compressed except FLAK files, that are not listed as a type the (2021) car will play.

I have a bunch of CD that have never been ripped so that music is inaccessible in the car and ripping them compresses them.
have you used FLAC to compress when ripping? Lossless compression. I have never listened to an MP3 in my whole life....and never want to, but that's for another thread......FLAC's will work in my 2021 on a 512GB micro-thumb drive in the console.
Old 01-05-2022, 04:05 PM
op z
Drifting

Received 211 Likes on 128 Posts

It's nice how rthe seat and steering wheel heaters come on automatically on a cold day and the seat heater automatic setting depends on the outdoor temperature(i.e., in the forties it comes on with the lowest setting, in the twenties it comes on with the medium setting, I suspect if the car is outside with temps in the teens or single digits the heaters would come on with the highest setting)
Old 01-05-2022, 04:26 PM
Display333
Racer

Received 187 Likes on 91 Posts

so far fantastic...

leave extra time when stopping for anything.. as everyone wants to talk... which is the number one reason we bought it anyway

THIS CAR IS ALL ABOUT THAT TRANSMISION!!! SO LETS STOP TALKING ABOUT THAT!!! If you want a stick... I'll sell you my Acura NSX...

My gripe... all that whiz bang adjustability and personalization of the myriad of screens and drive modes and blah, blah, blah... is a bit silly... Like a Ducati.. it all sounds great... but hey.. you really can't use it!!

can anyone suggest a website/you tube/forum thread, etc... that could teach me the basic of how to use the car, and maybe the freakin radio..

BUT ILL SAY IT AGAIN... THIS THING IS CHEAP AT TWICE THE PRICE!!

Ron Fellows should offer a "get to know your corvette" class!!!!
Old 01-05-2022, 04:29 PM
C21ban
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 704 Likes on 369 Posts
2022 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by Display333

Isn’t that pretty much what they do?!

For anything you don’t know or want to learn, YouTube/Google will show you the way.
The following users liked this post:
Fast Dawg (01-06-2022)
Old 01-05-2022, 04:40 PM
Display333
Racer

Received 187 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by jbc1995fb
As in you kept both? If you got rid of the first one may I ask how come in the context of this tread of likes and dislikes. Was there something that you disliked about it to get rid of it but to get another C8?
COULD HAVE BEEN THE 15,000 HE MADE ON THE FIRST ONE???

Or.. just as likely... realized he should have bought the convertible the first time!!
Old 01-05-2022, 06:05 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,651 Likes on 6,649 Posts

Originally Posted by op z
It's nice how rthe seat and steering wheel heaters come on automatically on a cold day and the seat heater automatic setting depends on the outdoor temperature(i.e., in the forties it comes on with the lowest setting, in the twenties it comes on with the medium setting, I suspect if the car is outside with temps in the teens or single digits the heaters would come on with the highest setting)
Yep, when the steering wheel heat goes off, on cold days I put it back on, feels good on my fingers. Don't wear gloves often in NE SC, only when walking the dog in the early AM!
Old 01-06-2022, 08:15 AM
ea327
Drifting

Received 703 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by Display333
so far fantastic...

leave extra time when stopping for anything.. as everyone wants to talk... which is the number one reason we bought it anyway

THIS CAR IS ALL ABOUT THAT TRANSMISION!!! SO LETS STOP TALKING ABOUT THAT!!! If you want a stick... I'll sell you my Acura NSX...

My gripe... all that whiz bang adjustability and personalization of the myriad of screens and drive modes and blah, blah, blah... is a bit silly... Like a Ducati.. it all sounds great... but hey.. you really can't use it!!

can anyone suggest a website/you tube/forum thread, etc... that could teach me the basic of how to use the car, and maybe the freakin radio..

BUT ILL SAY IT AGAIN... THIS THING IS CHEAP AT TWICE THE PRICE!!

There is a really good source of information that will answer all your questions. It’s called the owner’s manual. Look in the glove box.
Old 01-06-2022, 08:38 AM
LIE2ME
Le Mans Master

Received 4,579 Likes on 1,646 Posts

Originally Posted by ea327
There is a really good source of information that will answer all your questions. It’s called the owner’s manual. Look in the glove box.
The owner's manual is so "1970s". I have found there are You Tube videos and posts in forums such as this one that cover just about any question, I have...
Old 01-25-2022, 12:13 PM
MPSmith1
Instructor

Received 96 Likes on 62 Posts

After only a week, my minor nit picky dislikes are:

1) must press and HOLD the seat button (1 & 2). Not sure the point of that. A simple single press should be sufficient.
2) the sun visor does not push far enough away from the driver (stated before)
3) the rear camera is great, but sometimes the driver can also see the mirror reflection.
4) the trunk and frunk should both soft close. (stated before)
5) The Sirius XM guide shows the channel, but doesn’t list what song is currently playing.
6) 500 mile breakin period is too long. 😂
Old 01-25-2022, 04:16 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

^^^
Hmm, an older thread BUT:
1) You're doing something wrong! I seldom touch the seat button. I start the car and my seat moves to where I set as it knows who I am from my FOB.
2) I find I must have the sun visor close to my face to work. If I push it near the windshield the sun comes in below!
3) Motorized pull down may not be in the Frunk to meet the double safety latch requirement. Or then you would need the reach in and manually disengage the safety latch like many cars and what I had on my 1st, a 1941 Ford Coupe!
6) GM picks 500 miles for a reason. To break-in engine and Trans & Dif gears! The Currie 9" Ford rear I have in my street rod said break-in for 500 miles!
Old 01-25-2022, 04:42 PM
RobsVette04
Burning Brakes

Received 556 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by Zormecteon
lack of a CD player. Why put a fantastic stereo into a car and then limit it to digitally compressed files that will never use the system to its capabilities? All digital music is compressed except FLAK files, that are not listed as a type the (2021) car will play.

I have a bunch of CD that have never been ripped so that music is inaccessible in the car and ripping them compresses them.
I can't tell if you're being serious or not. a CD player? Really?
Majestic94 (01-25-2022)
Old 01-25-2022, 04:55 PM
MPSmith1
Instructor

Received 96 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by JerryU
^^^
Hmm, an older thread BUT:
1) You're doing something wrong! I seldom touch the seat button. I start the car and my seat moves to where I set as it knows who I am from my FOB.
2) I find I must have the sun visor close to my face to work. If I push it near the windshield the sun comes in below!
3) Motorized pull down may not be in the Frunk to meet the double safety latch requirement. Or then you would need the reach in and manually disengage the safety latch like many cars and what I had on my 1st, a 1941 Ford Coupe!
6) GM picks 500 miles for a reason. To break-in engine and Trans & Dif gears! The Currie 9" Ford rear I have in my street rod said break-in for 500 miles!
Hey Jerry,

No offense, but a thread less than 30 days old is not an older thread. The first post was on 12/27/21.

1) I will keep working on it. I must be programming it wrong.
2) A sun visor should be more adjustable. This is a minor design flaw IMO
3) I can't speak to the requirement you mention, but this is still annoying. The frunk latch has been an annoyance for a while.
6) I certainly HOPE you know I was kidding on this one; hence the laughing face. LOL

Mike
Old 01-25-2022, 06:19 PM
Majestic94
Safety Car

Received 1,913 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by RobsVette04
I can't tell if you're being serious or not. a CD player? Really?
Oh I’m sure he’s serious. There’s a whole breed of self proclaimed audiophiles with supersonic hearing on this forum that think a moving sports car is a perfect sound booth to listen to the most pristine of audio sources. They claim they can hear dog whistles and ****.
ea327 (01-26-2022)
Old 01-25-2022, 08:19 PM
Melvinne
Instructor

Received 207 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Majestic94
Oh I’m sure he’s serious. There’s a whole breed of self proclaimed audiophiles with supersonic hearing on this forum that think a moving sports car is a perfect sound booth to listen to the most pristine of audio sources. They claim they can hear dog whistles and ****.
Yeah, these people crack me up. I know, because I used to be one. Former audiophile recovery is a real thing, once you realize the incredibly stupid amount of money one can spend on copper wire with a fancy jacket.

And, on topic, get an Apple Music subscription. Most of the music is now Lossless, meaning it's the same 16-bit 44.1 Khz track that was mastered to the CD (and perhaps even higher). Just make sure you set your phone to download the highest quality and are connecting via CarPlay WiFi since that will transfer the lossless audio signal directly to the head unit for the same quality as your spinning plastic compact disc in a moving car with a stiff suspension.

Old 01-25-2022, 09:01 PM
ejbrace
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 23 Posts

Wish the passenger seat would automatically move to the exit position when the passenger door is opened.

Get notified of new replies

To C8 Owners-Likes And Dislikes

Old 01-25-2022, 09:26 PM
Red Mist Rulz
Race Director

Received 8,560 Likes on 4,280 Posts

Originally Posted by MPSmith1
After only a week, my minor nit picky dislikes are:

1) must press and HOLD the seat button (1 & 2). Not sure the point of that. A simple single press should be sufficient.
2) the sun visor does not push far enough away from the driver (stated before)
3) the rear camera is great, but sometimes the driver can also see the mirror reflection.
4) the trunk and frunk should both soft close. (stated before)
5) The Sirius XM guide shows the channel, but doesn’t list what song is currently playing.
6) 500 mile breakin period is too long. 😂
1 seems to be a GM thing. Not sure why, but yeah, every other car I've owned except Corvettes one push moves the seat to where you want it. Jerry U is right, though, you can set to automatically go to the position that matches the fob you're using.

3. Adjust the mirror a little bit. I had that at first, but after moving the mirror around a bit I no longer get the double image.

4. I'd be happy to get rid of the automatic pull down in back in exchange for eliminating that huge, trunk space eating bulge.

5. Sirius XM sound quality sucks so bad I never, ever use it.

6. Drive it more.
Old 01-25-2022, 10:40 PM
levetrix
Heel & Toe

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DSOMrulz
1 seems to be a GM thing. Not sure why, but yeah, every other car I've owned except Corvettes one push moves the seat to where you want it. Jerry U is right, though, you can set to automatically go to the position that matches the fob you're using.
Porsches are the same way, press and hold for memory seating. Idk about other brands, just another data point on this
Old 01-26-2022, 07:43 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by MPSmith1
Hey Jerry,

No offense, but a thread less than 30 days old is not an older thread. The first post was on 12/27/21.

1) I will keep working on it. I must be programming it wrong.
2) A sun visor should be more adjustable. This is a minor design flaw IMO
3) I can't speak to the requirement you mention, but this is still annoying. The frunk latch has been an annoyance for a while.
6) I certainly HOPE you know I was kidding on this one; hence the laughing face. LOL

Mike
No offense taken! To revise a 30 day old Thread takes an effort OR clicking on a "Related Post" that usually appear after a current Thread.

Yep compared to my early 2014 C7 where unlike my prior C6 where a single push moved your seat, you did had to hold the seat number in. That was with my manual as you had to have the clutch fully depressed to get it to start. So I developed a method of pressing and holding my #1 button with a finger on my left hand while I buckled my seat belt with my right. Then could start the car when I could fully depress the clutch! Do need to press the brake pedal to start the c8 BUT that most can reach, even with the seat fully back.

This time of year I drive about 10 miles with the sun bright in my eyes. I must have it close to my eyes or the edge is too high if I push forward and bright sun is in my eyys. Makes a difference on how you sit but for me that just works.

Yep been a lot of issues with having to press hard to get the safety two latches to seat. There are rules re how the safety latch should work. For the Corvair it was was similar to what BMW is now doing which is exactly why you have to do IF you use the C8 manual pull cable. Have to use the same switch or lever BUT twice. Therefor on the Corvair, turn the key, have it go back and turn again. With the wife's 2021 BMW SUV same as the manual pull cable in the C8. Pull once, gets the 1st latch, release and do it again and it opens the second. Suppose a motorized pull down could latch both BUT don't know.

Quick Reply: C8 Owners-Likes And Dislikes