Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good Hotel Parking Options in Atlanta?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2021, 01:22 PM
canuck9
Drifting

Received 226 Likes on 99 Posts

Default Good Hotel Parking Options in Atlanta?

I’ll be heading home from picking up my HTC and stopping one night in the Atlanta area just after Christmas. Any recommendations for hotels with good parking? Perhaps covered? I know many places have valet but not crazy about someone driving my new Vette on what I would consider imperfect streets!
Old 12-04-2021, 05:53 PM
BADBIRDCAGE
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,978 Likes on 1,059 Posts

I have stayed at Hampton Inn, Stockbridge, GA which is just South of Atlanta. Out of the mainstream ATL traffic. Open free parking lot. Had no issues with car there. Restaurants near by.
The following users liked this post:
canuck9 (12-04-2021)
Old 12-04-2021, 09:21 PM
Sallye M
22 Hypersonic Grey HTC
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 142 Likes on 77 Posts

We stayed here: https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...anta-kennesaw/

Is North of Atlanta in Kennesaw and wasn't far off I-75; also is off the main drag - stayed here 2 nights and felt safe - had no problems.

canuck9 (12-04-2021)
Old 12-05-2021, 06:56 AM
Fast Dawg
Le Mans Master

Received 2,529 Likes on 1,608 Posts

I lived in Kennesaw - NW of Atlanta - close to I-75 just off Barrett Parkway from August 2013- April 2021. My in-laws live on the South side of Atlanta off I-75 and there isn't anywhere between Atlanta and Macon where I would be comfortable parking a C8 overnight.

The Kennesaw area is pretty affluent and doesn't attract a lot of crime. It isn't uncommon to see a C8 or other expensive cars in the area around Barrett Parkway. Barrett is the major thoroughfare in that area because of Towne Center Mall and has a lot of restaurants as well.

I found a list of hotels that I would be comfortable staying in around that area - you can pick from whatever fits your budget.
https://www.hotels.com/search.do?des...m-0-children=0

As far as covered parking is concerned you would have to go to downtown Atlanta to get that and I don't go there after dark unless it's absolutely necessary. Your car wouldn't be safe there either. The current Mayor of Atlanta is a one term Mayor not running for re-election next year due to her very poor record on crime.
canuck9 (12-05-2021)
Old 12-05-2021, 12:41 PM
canuck9
Drifting

Received 226 Likes on 99 Posts

Thanks everyone....taking your advice and booked a hotel in the Kennesaw area....looks like nice, well planned roads/parking lots....choices for dinner that night....right off highway to get on the road right away and make it home the next day.
Fast Dawg (12-05-2021)
Old 12-05-2021, 01:11 PM
tws
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I live in alpharetta which is a nice area. If you need anything let me know. Barrett parkway has alot of restaurants and is close to interstate as you mentioned. I think its a good idea to stay north of atlanta because traffic is heavy depending on when you arrive.
canuck9 (12-08-2021)

Get notified of new replies

To Good Hotel Parking Options in Atlanta?

Quick Reply: Good Hotel Parking Options in Atlanta?