Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Made My 1st Service Appt 6 Weeks in Advance and...

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2021, 12:25 PM
ssv3
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by EasyLivin
Those were the same recalls they said they did on my car. Too bad she didn't give me a receipt. I guess they will when they complete the service...
Pretty sure they will once the RO is closed. Probably all part of the same RO (repair order) and that's good because there is a paper trail.
Old 11-16-2021, 01:35 PM
TexasPete
3rd Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default C8 DCT Filter shortages

Hi i had my first service done today. Bid dealer in Dallas had to backorder the DCT filter, then they did not have the transmission fluid….so I found a smaller dealership that had both in stock. My understanding is that Chevy gives you ONE free maintenance visit within the first 12 months or 7500 miles, whichever comes first. At that free visit they will change engine oil and filter ands the DCT filter with a top-off of the transmission fluid to replace fluid lost when changing the filter.

BTW there is apparently a service bulletin saying to replace the front lift system reservoir cap. If you buy it at the parts counter it is $63. If you are in warranty you have to make a service appointment if you want it replaced for free.
The following 2 users liked this post by TexasPete:
EasyLivin (11-16-2021), Fast Dawg (11-16-2021)

Quick Reply: I Made My 1st Service Appt 6 Weeks in Advance and...