Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Order Is In Small Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2021, 09:43 PM
kcops
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 32 Posts

What if GM adopts the same principle of Tesla by taking orders online but continue using the dealership network for car delivery as it is today? I explain: GM would create an ordering system similar to what they have at the dealership, and take the orders directly selling the car at MSRP - no negotiation necessary! No cutting the line from 'investors'. First in, first serve. One car per household. Customer selects where to pick the car based on preference. Build the car online using the tool already available. Winners: GM reputation with clients improved! Reputable Dealers: reputation with clients sky rockets as the headache they have today with people calling goes away. Losers: dealers wanting to make more than their fair share and 'so called investors'. BIG WINNER: All of us waiting to get a car to have the pleasure to drive on track or around town. No more drama! I know, this is not fair game as some folks would not be able to make a huge profit on the car! Sorry... I know I'm dreaming, but I'm not the only one... I heard this somewhere..... At minimum, it is being an entertaining journey to buy a $80-100K car. :-) The days that we were threated with courtesy, respect and fairness are long gone with GM and dealers... Buying a GEO probably gives you a better experience than a Corvette! and I know I don't need to buy the car... Cheers.
Old 09-18-2021, 11:26 PM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

Received 1,998 Likes on 1,150 Posts

Sounds like the op has a nice relationship with his dealer. I don’t blame the small dealer with 3 more allocations for adding a market adjustment.

My small dealer in Columbus Ohio reached out to me a few weeks back, has one allocation which he offered me at msrp $250 fee and no deposit. We don’t sign any contracts just respect each other’s word on the deal. Cars at 3000, held up cause I made a change.

Last edited by Greg00Coupe; 09-18-2021 at 11:33 PM.
The following users liked this post:
cruisinjoe (09-19-2021)
Old 09-19-2021, 01:27 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,428 Likes on 14,044 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Good luck - hope your order gets picked up and you get your car at the price you expect.
Old 09-19-2021, 09:21 AM
JALLEN4
Melting Slicks

Received 2,169 Likes on 1,007 Posts

Originally Posted by kcops
What if GM adopts the same principle of Tesla by taking orders online but continue using the dealership network for car delivery as it is today? I explain: GM would create an ordering system similar to what they have at the dealership, and take the orders directly selling the car at MSRP - no negotiation necessary! No cutting the line from 'investors'. First in, first serve. One car per household. Customer selects where to pick the car based on preference. Build the car online using the tool already available. Winners: GM reputation with clients improved! Reputable Dealers: reputation with clients sky rockets as the headache they have today with people calling goes away. Losers: dealers wanting to make more than their fair share and 'so called investors'. BIG WINNER: All of us waiting to get a car to have the pleasure to drive on track or around town. No more drama! I know, this is not fair game as some folks would not be able to make a huge profit on the car! Sorry... I know I'm dreaming, but I'm not the only one... I heard this somewhere..... At minimum, it is being an entertaining journey to buy a $80-100K car. :-) The days that we were threated with courtesy, respect and fairness are long gone with GM and dealers... Buying a GEO probably gives you a better experience than a Corvette! and I know I don't need to buy the car... Cheers.
You can add that to a long list of things titled "Never Going to Happen". The sale of Corvettes is so insignificant to GM's financial results as to amount to less than a rounding error. You would need to be pretty dumb to **** off a dealer selling 3,000 Chevrolets a year and 15 are Corvettes. That is why there is Dealer Sales and Service Agreement that protects both the dealer and the manufacturer.
Old 09-19-2021, 09:28 AM
EasyLivin
Race Director

Received 3,160 Likes on 1,359 Posts

Sounds like Stingray orders are finally getting caught up a little... Bad News for Flippers... Good News for people on the list for a Z06 I would hope...
The following users liked this post:
cruisinjoe (09-19-2021)

Quick Reply: My Order Is In Small Dealer