Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Market adjustment "

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2021, 11:42 AM
bapd77
Safety Car

Received 418 Likes on 194 Posts

I find it hysterical sometime how childish people can be on this forum.
The following users liked this post:
newc8vette (08-31-2021)
Old 08-31-2021, 11:58 AM
Hopper12
Melting Slicks

Received 2,070 Likes on 985 Posts

Originally Posted by tsigwing
So GM added a 2nd shift at the Corvette production plant because they have a chip shortage? Once again, GM has prioritized Corvette production. Yes GM has issues with chip shortages (but have my doubts its because the "cancelled" orders) but it isn't affecting Corvette's.
....Corvette issues probably have more to do with other parts supply issues, but the chip issue is real. Here's one link of many. Best, Paul

Sometimes we read/comprehend what we want to fit our narrative. Just thought I'd try to help a bit by adding some info. While the chip shortage may not have impacted C8 production directly, other parts shortages certainly have. And chip shortages are driving some strange short-term price increases for new/used cars/trucks. Sometimes we all get wrapped around the axles for no reason. Keyboard warriors. Meant no harm whatsoever. Whatever.....let's move on to politics as that might be less sensitive.
Old 08-31-2021, 12:01 PM
SSWIM
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Shodanusmc
i think I will ask for $50k over MSRP and it will reflect that to stimulate a new feeding frenzy. Soon then every used C8 owner can say just look at the price.
You sir can do whatever your little self desires. Good luck. Who knows, maybe you will get lucky. You do seem to have a wealth of knowledge and seem to have an answer for just about everything. I am sure your advice and council is in high demand and surely appreciated by many. I look forward to many more stimulating and knowledge filled posts by you.

Sam
Old 08-31-2021, 12:09 PM
pmayo
Pro

Received 157 Likes on 92 Posts

I have bought early C4, C6, C7 and C8's Everyone laughed and said crazy to pay MSRP. Well for my C8 -- I will have it for 2 years (and maybe 3) at least before any of the hyena's ever see one at a discount. Supply and demand. These past two years with COVID (shutdown) and a strike certainly effected production numbers and NOT chip shortages. Yes there are some supply issues and GM seems to at least manage the C8 well as we have two shifts with only a few weeks of shutdown due to shortages. People on dealer lists not getting a 2021 and moved to 2022 sound like a repeat of 2020. Love all of my Vettes but the C8 is special.

To the OP Stranger things may happen -- got my 2014 C7 on a dealer walk in as the dealer just had one canceled that was on the way already built. That does happen and there still are some non greedy small dealers out there. Paid MSRP without any Admin despite other local Florida dealers adding 5K to the price. Needless to say I purchased my second C7 from them 3 years later.
Olnavy (09-01-2021)
Old 08-31-2021, 12:35 PM
Bird67
Melting Slicks

Received 3,290 Likes on 1,504 Posts

Originally Posted by ajmart85
Stingrays will be a dime a dozen and the secondary market will be flooded with people desperate to sell once the Z06 starts production. Especially by the time you're due to submit your order (early 2022).
AJ, I see this opinion repeated frequently, but I have to wonder if the numbers add up. IIRC Z06 constituted about 17% of 2019 production, so Z06's will trickle into rather than flood the market. Then, not every Z06 buyer has a C8 to unload, or will choose to unload the C8 if they own one. Plus, I would expect that some Z06 buyers learned the lesson about selling too early in anticipation of getting the next car in their driveway (thinking of those who sold C7s in anticipation of getting a C8 quickly, which didn't happen). This isn't to say that Z06 will have zero effect on the used C8 market, but logically it doesn't make sense that there will be a flood of Stingrays for sale due due to desperation, driving Stingrays overnight to dime-a-dozen status. Rather I would expect a slow return to normalcy of used Corvettes due only in small part to availability of new Z06s.

I didn't factor in the likelihood that we will see a repeat of the ADM experience with Stingrays when Z06 comes out...I suspect that too will hold used Stingray prices somewhat higher than the return to normalcy might cause.

Having said all that, my crystal ball is no better than yours or anyone else's, so who knows...
Old 08-31-2021, 12:56 PM
newc8vette
Pro

Received 570 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by bapd77
I find it hysterical sometime how childish people can be on this forum.
Agree. Hard to believe these are actually adults writing these comments!
bapd77 (08-31-2021)
Old 08-31-2021, 01:05 PM
sluggballz
Burning Brakes

Received 183 Likes on 121 Posts

Wow. This wasn't where I was thinking it would end up. Haha.
I don't mind paying msrp, I don't mind waiting a year to get my new car. I was just shocked that I was told my car would be marked up OVER 50% of the msrp. I have two corvettes now, so, I'm not in a desperate mode to get one. I haven't even been in a c8 because if I do I'll Jones until I do get mine. I just look at this as an opportunity to save up more for the down payment. I appreciate all the comments and help, I've contacted two dealers and will make my decision about who to go with in a day or two.
I promised my son 6 years ago when we took a trip to the museum that the next time we went back was to pick up our new car, he will be 20 when we go back, so, he already is asking to drive it!! Hahaha.

Thanks again.
Old 08-31-2021, 01:13 PM
MattMD
Burning Brakes

Received 1,226 Likes on 521 Posts

Originally Posted by sluggballz
Wow. This wasn't where I was thinking it would end up. Haha.
I don't mind paying msrp, I don't mind waiting a year to get my new car. I was just shocked that I was told my car would be marked up OVER 50% of the msrp. I have two corvettes now, so, I'm not in a desperate mode to get one. I haven't even been in a c8 because if I do I'll Jones until I do get mine. I just look at this as an opportunity to save up more for the down payment. I appreciate all the comments and help, I've contacted two dealers and will make my decision about who to go with in a day or two.
I promised my son 6 years ago when we took a trip to the museum that the next time we went back was to pick up our new car, he will be 20 when we go back, so, he already is asking to drive it!! Hahaha.

Thanks again.
May want to consider Rick Hendrick Duluth (Atlanta). Timeline for new orders is probably about a year but $1000 deposit by credit card and sold at MSRP. One of the big Corvette dealers in the south. We have a thread https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ga-thread.html. ajmart85 also from Myrtle Beach area is having his built this week it seems like.

Doesn't hurt to deposit at a few dealers and see who's fastest. There's been uncertainty in allocation numbers so far with a new allocation model this year. Deposits should all be refundable.
Old 08-31-2021, 01:19 PM
bapd77
Safety Car

Received 418 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by newc8vette
Agree. Hard to believe these are actually adults writing these comments!
It’s really pathetic. It’s no wonder the stigma Corvette owners have.
Old 08-31-2021, 01:30 PM
BADBIRDCAGE
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,979 Likes on 1,060 Posts

Originally Posted by ajmart85
At this point in time, I'd be putting a deposit down on a Z06...not a regular Stingray. Stingrays will be a dime a dozen and the secondary market will be flooded with people desperate to sell once the Z06 starts production. Especially by the time you're due to submit your order (early 2022).
What drives your thoughts that you think the secondary market will be flooded with cars from desperate people? Not everyone wants a Z06. Not everyone can afford a Z06.
Old 08-31-2021, 01:42 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,009 Likes on 2,890 Posts

Originally Posted by sluggballz
I'm looking to buy/order my first new corvette in January or February of next year.Thanks for any responses.
If you wait until Jan./February of 2022, you won't receive your C8 for a 12 months lead time. You should order now, for next late Spring or Summer 2022 delivery.
Old 08-31-2021, 02:03 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Originally Posted by MattMD
May want to consider Rick Hendrick Duluth (Atlanta). Timeline for new orders is probably about a year but $1000 deposit by credit card and sold at MSRP. One of the big Corvette dealers in the south. We have a thread https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ga-thread.html. ajmart85 also from Myrtle Beach area is having his built this week it seems like.

Doesn't hurt to deposit at a few dealers and see who's fastest. There's been uncertainty in allocation numbers so far with a new allocation model this year. Deposits should all be refundable.
I've read here on forum, testimonials of Rick Hendrick Chevrolet in Georgia as being "$750.00 +/- over MSRP." If this is true, why would anyone wait a year to pay OVER MSRP, when MacMulkin Chevrolet takes the same year lead time to sell @ MSRP?
Old 08-31-2021, 02:13 PM
MattMD
Burning Brakes

Received 1,226 Likes on 521 Posts

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe
I've read here on forum, testimonials of Rick Hendrick Chevrolet in Georgia as being "$750.00 +/- over MSRP." If this is true, why would anyone wait a year to pay OVER MSRP, when MacMulkin Chevrolet takes the same year lead time to sell @ MSRP?
It's not the same lead time. MM is a few months longer. I deposited within a week of each other at both and MM is multiple months longer, the list is at like 1400. But we will see how long each takes.

OP is from SC, it's 300 miles to RHD vs 900 miles to MM. Do the math on the travel or shipping options with that difference. Just an option.
Fast Dawg (08-31-2021)
Old 08-31-2021, 02:16 PM
Phil1098
Race Director

Received 11,633 Likes on 4,655 Posts

Originally Posted by Shodanusmc
give it up. Chips, parts, Covid, production, and other factors. New Model. If it wasn’t for that, supply would meet demand, discounts. Happened with every new model. Tight for a year or 2, then 7-15m below MSRP. I know. You know differently.
This one post shows just how far out of touch with reality you are. You can forget the past, OK, so they kept the spelling of the name the same, but this is a whole new game. Think I'm wrong, just post what generations at reveal had a nationwide tour that had thousands of people standing in line for 3-4 hours just to see the car up close. I'll answer it for you, none. When 2 out of 3 C8 owners are new to GM and there have been countless owners on this forum that had never owned a Corvette, only Porsches, Ferraris, Lamborghinis, etc. and now added a C8 to their stables, you are clearly missing the impact this car has had on the market. Just name one other ME sports car with this level of performance that doesn't start at $150k+, none. When there are still people waiting 1-2 years to get a C8 and you say a year from now they'll be selling for under MSRP, again, more proof that you are completely out of touch.
The following 4 users liked this post by Phil1098:
dohabandit (08-31-2021), Fast Dawg (08-31-2021), SSWIM (08-31-2021), tsigwing (08-31-2021)
Old 08-31-2021, 02:19 PM
Fast Dawg
Le Mans Master

Received 2,533 Likes on 1,611 Posts

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe
I put down my initial deposit at Rick Hendrick - Duluth, GA on 4/8/21 and my C8 is being built this Friday - 9/3/21. You don't pay over MSRP at RHD - except for the $799 administrative fee. That's cheaper than most courtesy deliveries. Both Ciocca and MM, after I put down deposits with them on 3/30/21, told me it would be at least a year before I got a C8.

I live about an hour from RHD, will be getting my car about five months from my initial deposit, and won't have to pay for a courtesy delivery - which MM is now limiting to certain dealers. The biggest Corvette dealers have much longer wait lists so IMHO RHD can get you a car just as fast if not faster. We have another dealer in North Ga. - Megel in Dawsonville - who can get a Corvette just as fast and only charges MSRP. Shopping local dealers isn't always a bad thing.
The following 2 users liked this post by Fast Dawg:
dohabandit (08-31-2021), MattMD (08-31-2021)
Old 08-31-2021, 04:46 PM
rjktech
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by tsigwing
I'll take that as a no, your just making it up.
its probably some facebook authority of disinformation.
Old 08-31-2021, 06:37 PM
Warp Ten
Drifting

Received 598 Likes on 350 Posts

Oh man this thread needs to be Killed.. PLEASE

Get notified of new replies

To "Market adjustment "

Old 08-31-2021, 07:15 PM
RedC7AZ
Race Director

Received 534 Likes on 334 Posts

I'm getting a C8 at a market adjusted discount, which for the unforeseen future is at MSRP.

Last edited by RedC7AZ; 08-31-2021 at 07:16 PM.
Old 08-31-2021, 08:23 PM
Red C8 of Jax
Safety Car

Received 1,122 Likes on 757 Posts

Originally Posted by BADBIRDCAGE
What drives your thoughts that you think the secondary market will be flooded with cars from desperate people? Not everyone wants a Z06. Not everyone can afford a Z06.
Also, every Z06 built will take place of a Stringray that could have been built for someone waiting on a dealers list for a Stingray.
Old 08-31-2021, 10:52 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Originally Posted by MattMD
It's not the same lead time. MM is a few months longer. I deposited within a week of each other at both and MM is multiple months longer, the list is at like 1400. But we will see how long each takes.

OP is from SC, it's 300 miles to RHD vs 900 miles to MM. Do the math on the travel or shipping options with that difference. Just an option.
Actually, Rick Hendrick Chevrolet charges; "$799.00," according to one member's testimony. That's not MSRP....

Quick Reply: "Market adjustment "