Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Xpel installer near NCM

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2021, 06:48 PM
IRONKING
Instructor

Received 145 Likes on 58 Posts
Default Xpel installer near NCM

Any recomendations on a reliable Expel ppf installer within vicinity of NCM or southbound of ?
Old 06-01-2021, 07:02 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,125 Likes on 6,194 Posts

Only one: Auto Armor in Bowling Green.

XPEL Dealer Locator for Bowling Green, KY

Personally, I'd have it done local to you in case of any problems that might arise. Use Tracwrap for the drive home.
Old 06-01-2021, 07:03 PM
EasyMoney$$
Instructor

Received 125 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by IRONKING
Any recomendations on a reliable Expel ppf installer within vicinity of NCM or southbound of ?
Auto Armor, right there in BG from what I have been told. I did get a quote from them; a little high for sure vs a PPF dealer in Scottsdale.
Old 06-01-2021, 07:16 PM
rponfick
Drifting

Received 136 Likes on 88 Posts

I used them and have been happy with the results.
Old 06-01-2021, 07:31 PM
IRONKING
Instructor

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
Only one: Auto Armor in Bowling Green.

XPEL Dealer Locator for Bowling Green, KY

Personally, I'd have it done local to you in case of any problems that might arise. Use Tracwrap for the drive home.
Good advise , will use Tracwrap and use my local shop
Thanks !
The following users liked this post:
ea327 (06-02-2021)
Old 06-01-2021, 07:38 PM
JoeB3
Racer

Received 330 Likes on 153 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Modified
2023 C8 of the Year Winner - Modified

Who would install the trackwrap at NCM? NCM? Still need Auto Armor for that or is it a DIY?
Old 06-01-2021, 07:40 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Good advise , will use Tracwrap and use my local shop
Thanks !
Just so you know, I took my own advice on this: My C8 Experience - Updated with Xpel, Ceramic Coating and Tint. This was after a terrible experience with Xpel install on my C7 at the NCM. At that time, the NCM offered PPF as an option during NCM delivery. The installation was done be an installer out of Nashville. The install on my C7 was so bad that Xpel paid to have it completely redone by a local shop. Other people had similar experiences with the Nashville installer and the NCM dropped the program shortly after. You can read about that experience here: Another NCM Xpel Story - Happy Ending
Old 06-01-2021, 07:40 PM
IRONKING
Instructor

Originally Posted by EasyMoney$$
Auto Armor, right there in BG from what I have been told. I did get a quote from them; a little high for sure vs a PPF dealer in Scottsdale.
Thanks EasyMoney$$, Think will do Tracwrap even though unsightly ( looks like a wrapped ham sandwich mom put in my lunchbox LOL ) but will get the job done and enjoy the ride home to AZ

Last edited by Zymurgy; 06-01-2021 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Fixed bad quote tags
Old 06-01-2021, 07:42 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by JoeB3
Who would install the trackwrap at NCM? NCM? Still need Auto Armor for that or is it a DIY?
I installed it myself. I've read that Auto Armor will do it, but they charge quite a bit for something that is temporary and can be done yourself. I talk about my Tracwrap experience (with pictures) in this thread: My C8 Experience - Updated with Xpel, Ceramic Coating and Tint
Old 06-01-2021, 07:45 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks EasyMoney$$, Think will do Tracwrap even though unsightly ( looks like a wrapped ham sandwich mom put in my lunchbox LOL ) but will get the job done and enjoy the ride home to AZ
Hey, my car resembled that statement:

That was after the 1500+ mile road trip home.
Old 06-01-2021, 08:06 PM
JoeB3
Racer

Received 330 Likes on 153 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Modified
2023 C8 of the Year Winner - Modified

Just so you know, I took my own advice on this: My C8 Experience - Updated with Xpel, Ceramic Coating and Tint. This was after a terrible experience with Xpel install on my C7 at the NCM. At that time, the NCM offered PPF as an option during NCM delivery. The installation was done be an installer out of Nashville. The install on my C7 was so bad that Xpel paid to have it completely redone by a local shop. Other people had similar experiences with the Nashville installer and the NCM dropped the program shortly after. You can read about that experience here: Another NCM Xpel Story - Happy Ending
tremendous write up on the tracwrap experience, thank you for sharing. Curious on what width you used and the length of the roll in prep of my own purchase. I like the ability to install at the NCM. I was wondering how that would play out in a hotel parking lot before the journey home.
Old 06-01-2021, 08:26 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by JoeB3
tremendous write up on the tracwrap experience, thank you for sharing. Curious on what width you used and the length of the roll in prep of my own purchase. I like the ability to install at the NCM. I was wondering how that would play out in a hotel parking lot before the journey home.
I bought the 6" x 100' roll. Used a lot of it, but not all. The roll come with an applicator (plastic putty knife type thing), but you will need some scissors (pack in checked baggage if flying or just buy a pair at a local store in Bowling Green).
JoeB3 (06-01-2021)
Old 06-01-2021, 09:11 PM
THX_ZORA
Burning Brakes

Received 611 Likes on 339 Posts

same here. I got a quote from Auto Armor, and while folks swear by their work, they are $1,000 higher than a highly recommend local installer of XPEL. While the XPEL warranty is nationwide, I agree with others. PPF is WAY more about who applies it than the product itself. I would want that person to be local to me.

I am getting a Novistretch mask put on for my NCM delivery and for the drive home. Wont stop everything, but I am driving home at low speeds away from interstates.

I myself am not a fan of track tape. While it's rare, there is a possibility of encountering issues when removing it. The company that makes it states they provide no warranty relating to paint damage when using the product. Now,, maybe that only happens if it is installed improperly.. I don't know. I just don't want to put anything adhesive on the body of my car, even for temporary purposes.
ea327 (07-23-2021)
Old 06-01-2021, 09:23 PM
Majestic94
Safety Car

Received 1,913 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by THX_ZORA
same here. I got a quote from Auto Armor, and while folks swear by their work, they are $1,000 higher than a highly recommend local installer of XPEL. While the XPEL warranty is nationwide, I agree with others. PPF is WAY more about who applies it than the product itself. I would want that person to be local to me.

I am getting a Novistretch mask put on for my NCM delivery and for the drive home. Wont stop everything, but I am driving home at low speeds away from interstates.

I myself am not a fan of track tape. While it's rare, there is a possibility of encountering issues when removing it. The company that makes it states they provide no warranty relating to paint damage when using the product. Now,, maybe that only happens if it is installed improperly.. I don't know. I just don't want to put anything adhesive on the body of my car, even for temporary purposes.
For me personally, I’m sure my local guy has maybe done no more than 2 C8’s if that. Auto Armor at the NCM on the other hand only does C8’s so I’d feel more comfortable going that route.
Old 06-01-2021, 09:55 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

I just went to the Auto Armor Bowling Green website. They have multiple photos showing them doing installs on Corvette front fascia's WITHOUT removing the emblem. IMO, this is not the preferred method. Remove the emblem, install PPF, place emblem on top of PPF. That's how my installer did it and I have photos of the emblem removed during the install.
Old 06-01-2021, 10:05 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by THX_ZORA

Tracwrap is made by Xpel (don't know about track tape. Here is what Xpel says about removing their PPF:

Will Removing The Film Harm The Vehicles Paint, Once Removed?

It is highly unlikely for paint protection film to harm OEM paint. Paint systems used on modern assembly lines today produce a minimum bond strength of 16 MPa and maximum of 25 MPa between the panel and the paint depending on color, iridescence and the system used. Our film’s bond to the painted surface at normal state (immediately following installation) is .0753 MPa. Even after years of heat and sun, the bond between the film and the paint increases to only 0.17 MPa. What that means is in the absolute worst case scenario, the bond of factory paint to the panel is over 94 times stronger than the bond of our film to the paint. In the best case, the paint is 332 times stronger.

That being said, it is still recommended to have a professional remove the film in accordance with our published guidelines.
Tracwrap has an even lower tack adhesive as it is intended to be temporary.
IRONKING (06-01-2021)
Old 06-02-2021, 12:09 AM
Lead Foot 66
Drifting

Received 138 Likes on 81 Posts

Tracwrap is made by Xpel (don't know about track tape. Here is what Xpel says about removing their PPF:

Tracwrap has an even lower tack adhesive as it is intended to be temporary.
I've got approximately 2,800 mile drive home for the NCM and planning on taking between 2 and 3 weeks. Will the Tracwrap provide good protection and come off easily when I get home? I've got a superb PPF guy at home.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Get notified of new replies

To Xpel installer near NCM

Old 06-02-2021, 08:38 AM
ea327
Drifting

Received 703 Likes on 402 Posts

I installed it myself. I've read that Auto Armor will do it, but they charge quite a bit for something that is temporary and can be done yourself. I talk about my Tracwrap experience (with pictures) in this thread: My C8 Experience - Updated with Xpel, Ceramic Coating and Tint
Auto Armor wants $500 to install Tracwrap. You should be able to do it yourself. BTW, their prices for PPF is almost double of what they charge here in the Chicago area.
Old 06-02-2021, 09:14 AM
ralexand
Pro

Received 75 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Auto Armor Xpel Install

I had Auto Armor install the plus Xpel Ultimate package and tint after my museum delivery. I purchased the Xpel through the museum and received a $400 discount. Auto Armor did a great job and rolled the edges so you can't see any wrap lines. They also removed the front badge and re-installed after the wrap. I also had ExoShield windshield laminate installed. I enjoyed the worry free drive back to Texas. As far as service after the sale, should the wrap or tint fail, Rudy (Auto Armor) will find a local shop to repair any issues with the tint or the Xpel and fully cover the cost in accordance with the Xpel warranty.

I couldn't be more pleased....

EasyMoney$$ (06-28-2021)
Old 06-02-2021, 09:16 AM
Majestic94
Safety Car

Received 1,913 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by ralexand
I had Auto Armor install the plus Xpel Ultimate package and tint after my museum delivery. I purchased the Xpel through the museum and received a $400 discount. Auto Armor did a great job and rolled the edges so you can't see any wrap lines. They also removed the front badge and re-installed after the wrap. I also had ExoShield windshield laminate installed. I enjoyed the worry free drive back to Texas. As far as service after the sale, should the wrap or tint fail, Rudy (Auto Armor) will find a local shop to repair any issues with the tint or the Xpel and fully cover the cost in accordance with the Xpel warranty.

I couldn't be more pleased....
How long did your XPEL install take?
I’m trying to figure out how long I need to stay in Bowling Green.

Quick Reply: Xpel installer near NCM