Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Red Mist HTC 2LT with Carbon Flash Roof Review – Kudos to Kerbeck!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2021, 10:17 AM
sblvro
Pro

Received 326 Likes on 158 Posts

looks good without the spoiler!
Old 05-24-2021, 11:10 PM
Xplorguy
Instructor

Received 157 Likes on 76 Posts

BPhilly, really enjoyed your writeup and incredible photos...I am a big fan of the Vert with CFlash roof and nacelles. Your build is especially nicely done! Thanks for sharing!
The following users liked this post:
BPhillyc8 (05-24-2021)
Old 05-24-2021, 11:37 PM
BPhillyc8
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Xplorguy
BPhilly, really enjoyed your writeup and incredible photos...I am a big fan of the Vert with CFlash roof and nacelles. Your build is especially nicely done! Thanks for sharing!
Thank you Xplorguy. I literally went through 4 iterations of exterior color and interiors before I netted out on this. I am 1000% satisfied I made all the right choices for me. Whatever color combo one goes for, it won’t take away the sheer fun this car provides. It’s really amazing. Thanks for the nice words. Appreciate it.
Old 05-25-2021, 12:19 PM
Westchester
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 51 Likes on 27 Posts

I also have The Red Mist vert w blk Nacelles and nice that you took the time to list the options and what is good about getting them but I also have the Competition seats and have to say you have to be more slim than larger for comfort. I am 5'8" 160 31 waist and just fit in the seat. I can't imagine if I were larger and the seat was too tight for me to fit in. There isn't any adjustment for the side bolsters. I expect will be a difficult sell when ready. Just wanted to voice my opinion and advise! I would not have ordered them if I had this info but did not ever see anything listed before I ordered. The car is amazing!
Old 05-25-2021, 01:49 PM
BPhillyc8
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Gino Chiapparelli
I also have The Red Mist vert w blk Nacelles and nice that you took the time to list the options and what is good about getting them but I also have the Competition seats and have to say you have to be more slim than larger for comfort. I am 5'8" 160 31 waist and just fit in the seat. I can't imagine if I were larger and the seat was too tight for me to fit in. There isn't any adjustment for the side bolsters. I expect will be a difficult sell when ready. Just wanted to voice my opinion and advise! I would not have ordered them if I had this info but did not ever see anything listed before I ordered. The car is amazing!
Hi Gino. Interesting, I am 6’2” and 190 and they don’t bother me at all. Do you have the 2TL package because I find the adjustable side bolsters are sufficient for me with no problems. Thanks anyway, I am sure your comments will help others as well. Thx.
Old 05-25-2021, 01:58 PM
Westchester
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 51 Likes on 27 Posts

I have the 3LT w Sky Cool Grey/Strike Yellow but don't find the side bolsters adjust at all. OK everyone is built different but just wanted to put it out there. Enjoy your ride
Old 05-26-2021, 10:00 AM
BPhillyc8
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Gino Chiapparelli
I have the 3LT w Sky Cool Grey/Strike Yellow but don't find the side bolsters adjust at all. OK everyone is built different but just wanted to put it out there. Enjoy your ride
Gino, my sincere apologies...I must have had an out-of-body experience when typing my review on this iPhone. I have the GT-2 Seats, not the Competition Seats. Sorry for the confusion. I do find the GT-2 seats very nice. Sorry the Competition Seats are not as comfortable. Thx.
Old 02-03-2022, 02:48 AM
newc8vette
Pro

Received 570 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by BPhillyc8
I just picked up my 2021 Red Mist HTC with Carbon Flash Roof and Nacelles. I will post my initial thoughts for those considering buying a C8 or have one on order. Please take my comments as my personal observations and let’s not start a flame war or derail the intent.

I took delivery last Thursday from Kerbeck in Atlantic City. I had a great experience being one of the first C7 deliveries ever from Sam and Dave for a 2014 -Z51 2LT. It was pretty much loaded. That experience was flawless, so naturally I wanted them to deliver my new C8. I got in pretty late on the 2021 list (#916) but being the volume dealer they are, the queue went pretty fast. I have a beach house in a neighboring town, so I would drop by the dealer frequently to troll through the lot looking at all the color options and configurations. Sam and Dave always treated me with respect (never as a nuisance) and really helped make the whole experience worthwhile. I swear I dropped in over 20 times and they always gave me time to discuss anything related to the C8.

When it arrived off the carrier last week, they prepped the car quickly (even though there must have been 150 new cars on the lot) knowing I had a business trip planned for Rhode Island. I received the car in time for my trip, everything went super smooth, and I am grateful for the tremendous treatment I received from Kerbeck. People talk cr#p all the time about dealers, partly because of their own agendas, all I can say is Kerbeck, and Sam and Dave particularly are superstars in my book.

After my initial 500 mile journey this week, all I can say is that the C8 has exceeded all of my expectations and then some! This is an “exotic supercar”. I loved my C7, this car destroys it in every category!

The handling, acceleration, styling and fit and finish are superior!!! The only thing negative is all the attention it gets. I get stopped 20 times a day by people taking pictures or wanting to talk about the car.

The Red Mist is amazing. I was really concerned about it possibly turning burgundy at night. Those worries are gone. The paint is a chameleon, it has different looks in all different lighting conditions and every single one is spectacular. The flake in conjunction with the carbon flash top is PERFECT!!!

I got the standard C8 but added Mag Ride, Front Lift, GT 2 Seats, jacking pucks, radiator grill covers, front splitter and after-market wheels (Stance SFO3’s from Get your Wheels). All mods were easy, fast and done in one day. When I was changing my wheels out, I was literally offered 20k above what I paid for from a business owner next door. No way…life is short, I want every second I can have with this car.

The Mag Ride is superior to my C7’s. Absolutely get it.

The Front Lift has been used daily, entering garages, steep driveways and navigating road construction. Absolutely get it. Many people on the forum say you don’t need it. I can unequivocally say, living in the North East, I need it a lot!

The Competition 2 Seats are very comfortable and stylish. Absolutely get them.

The after-market Stance SF03 wheels I love!!! What a difference. Its all subjective. But it was a game changer in looks.

The 2LT package is a must. Blind spot warning is a nice and a comforting option when you want to change lanes with confidence, the rear view mirror camera works amazing. The folding mirrors are essential when parking in my opinion. Vented seats are ok. Cool = fair, you need the bottom AC on to feed it. Heated seats and steering wheel are very effective.

The HUD is also superior to the C7’s. Everything in this car is vastly superior to the C7.

After waffling over interior color choices, I simply went black with the white stitching and it looks amazing. Real quality and not gaudy at all. The car has enough going on visually to go nuts with a crazy interior (just my humble opinion). I love the black, it looks really classy and the quality is A+.

If you have a C8 on order or are contemplating getting one. Do it!!! It is amazing in every regard.

If your struggling finding allocations or a reputable dealer, call Sam or Dave at Kerbeck…they will get the job done in a friendly and professional manner (and probably get you the car faster than anyone else).

It has been a horrific /tragic year for me personally, this week has brought me so much joy. I hope the C8 brings you as much joy and pure “fun”. Life is indeed better with this car in your garage.

Finally, I brought my 24-year-old son to pick up the car…he loved every minute of it. After we had a quick lunch at a local restaurant, with 10 miles on the car, I sled the keys across the table and said “go drive me somewhere”, it was a priceless moment to see his reaction (and he drove the car like a pro).
Life is indeed good. Enjoy this car!!! Chevrolet has done an amazing job!!!

Dave Salvatore and Sam Kelley at Kerbeck.

Picking the car up with my son.

Original standard wheels.

Stance SF03 Wheels from "Get your Wheels" Great service and pricing.

Carbon Flash Top Up - Its amazing how it works with a push of a button.

"when changing out the wheels I was literally offered $20,000 over what I paid...no way, life is short..I want every second I can have with this car..."

So why did you post the the "I'm starting to worry" thread that you might not be able to sell for more than what you paid soon?
makes no sense.
Old 02-03-2022, 02:59 AM
Goerge
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dream car, my congratulations
Old 02-03-2022, 08:31 AM
BPhillyc8
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by newc8vette
"when changing out the wheels I was literally offered $20,000 over what I paid...no way, life is short..I want every second I can have with this car..."

So why did you post the the "I'm starting to worry" thread that you might not be able to sell for more than what you paid soon?
makes no sense.
I DID NOT start up any such thread. You have the wrong person brother. I commented the exact opposite on that thread. I would never flip this car on speculation of an investment as the OP referred to. This gives me way more enjoyment than worrying about the resale value. Read the threads before you accuse somebody of saying something they didn't!

Last edited by BPhillyc8; 02-03-2022 at 10:13 AM.
docross (02-03-2022)
Old 02-03-2022, 10:21 PM
at7000ft
Burning Brakes

Received 382 Likes on 247 Posts

Beautiful, don't need no stinkin spoiler!
BPhillyc8 (02-03-2022)
Old 02-03-2022, 10:53 PM
Z0Sick6
Le Mans Master

Location: North/Central NJ - a.k.a. Gotti in the CFNE section
Received 1,563 Likes on 532 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Where did you get the front lip? Car looks amazing
BPhillyc8 (02-03-2022)
Old 02-03-2022, 11:02 PM
BPhillyc8
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Z0Sick6
Where did you get the front lip? Car looks amazing
Thank you. I’m heading out to the West Coast right now, so I don’t have that info handy. It wasn’t expensive and an easy 35 minute DIY install.

Old 02-04-2022, 10:14 AM
VETTE-NV
16 Vettes and counting…..
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,145 Likes on 541 Posts

Great choices and great photos. The car looks so much better without the tacked on boy racer spoiler.
BPhillyc8 (02-04-2022)
Old 02-04-2022, 06:30 PM
ChiefP
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 94 Likes on 51 Posts

VERY nice. I was decided on red mist HTC from jump and have been going back and forth on the black top & nacelles. Every time I'm almost sure...I see the other option.
Old 02-20-2022, 10:00 PM
ccb04
3rd Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wheels

[QUOTE=BPhillyc8;1603491435]They are gloss black with a slight machine faced gray so they don’t disappear completely. They have a nice concave form to them as well. To me they were the best of both worlds. In the meantime, I am going to paint my original wheels carbon flash in case I ever need a second set. Best of luck to you.

Beautiful car! The wheels compliment it very well. Are your wheels 19/20 set up or 20/21? Also, is your car lowered? Thanks

Quick Reply: Red Mist HTC 2LT with Carbon Flash Roof Review – Kudos to Kerbeck!