Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SOS Dealer can’t change my order even though it’s at 1100 status?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2021, 04:16 PM
One Vettey Boi
Burning Brakes

Received 481 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by Raz0r
If it is saying that no more SRE orders can be accepted, it sounds like your order hasn't been in the SRE state. I know you are seeing that, but that is all that makes sense by that message. Are you sure your order wasn't a TRE order and now the dealer is trying to move you to SRE? If that is the case, I can see it kicking you back. Also, have Corvette Concierge pull up the order and see what they have it listed as. That is all I can think of as far as checking the order. Other like @Corvette ED or @Zymurgy would need to chime in as far as the inner workings of Workbench and why this would pop up. Sorry for the issues you are having.
It was actually Nov but yeah, here is my order form

Old 04-12-2021, 04:19 PM
One Vettey Boi
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Corvette ED
I just change a 2021 sold order on Saturday. The customer went from Red Mist to Silver and also changed the interior from Morello to red. He also went from a 3LT to 2LT and was at 1100 event code. I made the changes with no problem.

If for some reason your dealer can't change your order just enter a new order as a stock unit and use your allocation for that order

so he reached out to his rep and in the mean time this is what he did. Just made a separate order that’s stock and will assign his allocation to that spot with my new order and move my SRE to the back of their list .. Will also honor the $1k price increase which was nice but yeah.. it was super weird? I was watching him try to change it and no luck. When he tried to save it, it would just bring him to the top of the page and highlight the “no more sold orders for ‘21 allowed” error
The following 2 users liked this post by One Vettey Boi:
Corvette ED (04-12-2021), Red Mist Rulz (04-12-2021)
Old 04-12-2021, 04:21 PM
One Vettey Boi
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by thill444
I was just wondering if you were trying to change it to one of the 2021 colors that they are phasing out right now (or already did). Sounds like that's not the issue.
I am trying to change it to Shadow Grey and we thought it might be the issue but when he tried changing something basic (just to test it) like the seat belt color, same issue happened so yeah.. pretty strange
Old 04-12-2021, 04:24 PM
Raz0r
Pro

Received 341 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by One Vettey Boi
It was actually Nov but yeah, here is my order form
What is your order #? I don't see it listed here.
Old 04-12-2021, 04:26 PM
One Vettey Boi
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by THX_ZORA
I changed my configuration 7 or 8 times after starting at 1100 with an SRE order, and my dealer had no trouble modifying it, HOWEVER, I did get a new order number after certain changes (like color), but the new order had CHANGE at the top so that GM would not mistake it for a brand new order I suppose.

I wonder if that's why he is getting the "no longer accepting orders....." message. The system can't create a new order number as a result of the change because they have cut them off.

I also agree with another poster. When this type of thing happened with 2020 orders at 1100, my understanding is they had to be re-entered into the system as 2021 orders......
intereeting.. it could be that because it is trying to change so much, it wants a new order number and everything and that’s why it won’t let him. As I mentioned in another comment, he just made my new order no problem as a stock order and will assign their April allocation to that new order, but we were just there trying to figure it out but if it does assign a new number and treat it as a new order, it would make sense why it wouldn’t go through as an SRE then
Old 04-12-2021, 04:27 PM
One Vettey Boi
Burning Brakes

What is your order #? I don't see it listed here.
it’s at the top. I colored it out.. didn’t know if that sort of thing should be “public knowledge” or not
Old 04-12-2021, 05:12 PM
CorvetteAJ
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 225 Likes on 137 Posts

so he reached out to his rep and in the mean time this is what he did. Just made a separate order that’s stock and will assign his allocation to that spot with my new order and move my SRE to the back of their list .. Will also honor the $1k price increase which was nice but yeah.. it was super weird? I was watching him try to change it and no luck. When he tried to save it, it would just bring him to the top of the page and highlight the “no more sold orders for ‘21 allowed” error
@One Vettey Boi Tell him to try to change the order using QUICK ORDER
The following 2 users liked this post by CorvetteAJ:
AORoads (04-12-2021), Zymurgy (04-13-2021)
Old 04-12-2021, 05:27 PM
LIE2ME
Le Mans Master

Received 4,583 Likes on 1,647 Posts

Hey guys, I may be wrong, but I suspect what OP has entered is an 1100 status 2020 Retail sold order (he as much says so). I bet the dealership never wrote up a 2021 order....Just my suspicion....

Oh, never mind. I just looked and it IS a 2021 order....

Last edited by LIE2ME; 04-12-2021 at 05:28 PM.
Old 04-12-2021, 05:53 PM
Raz0r
Pro

it’s at the top. I colored it out.. didn’t know if that sort of thing should be “public knowledge” or not
yes, you can share it, there isn't anything anyone can do with it. But it will allow the guys who have Workbench access to check it out for you and see if they can find an issue. If you will post it here, maybe Ed or Zym will take a look. I am just interested in the issue at this point. Such a unique problem. I know that isn't what you wanted to hear, but I haven't seen this posted on here before.

Last edited by Raz0r; 04-12-2021 at 05:54 PM.
Old 04-12-2021, 08:05 PM
One Vettey Boi
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CorvetteAJ
@One Vettey Boi Tell him to try to change the order using QUICK ORDER
so he just called me and told me he COULD change my original sold order by doing it this way. He was trying to change it using something else (I forget) but said once he tried using the quick order it worked no problem and sent me my original order with changes. Crisis adverted - not like I had 9mo to change my order and now that it will be accepted any week now I decide to make all my changes 😂

so in case anyone else ends up having this issue, have the dealer use the QUICK ORDER button and it should be all set

thanks for all the help everyone!
The following users liked this post:
AORoads (04-12-2021)
Old 04-12-2021, 08:06 PM
One Vettey Boi
Burning Brakes

yes, you can share it, there isn't anything anyone can do with it. But it will allow the guys who have Workbench access to check it out for you and see if they can find an issue. If you will post it here, maybe Ed or Zym will take a look. I am just interested in the issue at this point. Such a unique problem. I know that isn't what you wanted to hear, but I haven't seen this posted on here before.
yeah so his GM rep said they could change it and that he had to use the Quick Order like others have mentioned so I have my original SRE order that’s now a SGM HTC so yay!
Raz0r (04-13-2021)
Old 04-12-2021, 08:41 PM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling
Received 2,243 Likes on 1,035 Posts

Glad it all worked out and you got the help from the forum members

Last edited by Corvette ED; 04-12-2021 at 08:41 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Corvette ED:
AORoads (04-12-2021), One Vettey Boi (04-12-2021)
Old 04-12-2021, 10:57 PM
One Vettey Boi
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Corvette ED
Glad it all worked out and you got the help from the forum members
yes! Great community for sure, can’t wait to officially become a member soon!
Old 04-13-2021, 08:05 AM
Raz0r
Pro

yeah so his GM rep said they could change it and that he had to use the Quick Order like others have mentioned so I have my original SRE order that’s now a SGM HTC so yay!
Great news!! Glad to hear!!
One Vettey Boi (04-13-2021)
Old 04-13-2021, 10:10 AM
TGBTGB
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 78 Likes on 70 Posts

What a Forum we have here. I really appreciate being a member.
Old 04-15-2021, 07:39 PM
CorvetteAJ
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 225 Likes on 137 Posts

so he just called me and told me he COULD change my original sold order by doing it this way. He was trying to change it using something else (I forget) but said once he tried using the quick order it worked no problem and sent me my original order with changes. Crisis adverted - not like I had 9mo to change my order and now that it will be accepted any week now I decide to make all my changes 😂

so in case anyone else ends up having this issue, have the dealer use the QUICK ORDER button and it should be all set

thanks for all the help everyone!
100% It's the only way we currently can change our SRE orders.
Old 04-16-2021, 01:13 PM
Stingray Sam
Pro

Received 258 Likes on 101 Posts

Great news. I’m sure your experience will help other members.
Old 04-17-2021, 02:58 AM
RickConti@Coughlin
Safety Car

Received 1,554 Likes on 557 Posts

So at our local dealer who is our family friend and I am watching over his shoulder as he tries to change my 1100 order that has been entered as an SRE since October.

I am trying to change the color and to a HTC and I’m watching him try and change my order and the workbench just keeps saying “no longer accepting sold orders for 2021”

anyone have any ideas? I’m their April allocation so trying to get this figured out

I have confirmed that I have been SRE since October and it’s been the same order number the entire time. Also confirmed I’m at 1100 and not 2000/3000
I addressed this on a recent Vlog - 14 min mark, hope it helps...

Last edited by RickConti@Coughlin; 04-17-2021 at 02:58 AM.

Quick Reply: SOS Dealer can’t change my order even though it’s at 1100 status?