Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water streak on inside front headlight lens

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2024, 04:03 PM
SMOKN C8
Drifting

Received 1,870 Likes on 829 Posts
2023 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Mine has been free from this .... until today I saw that both lights are now showing the streaks

no ppf and for sure was not there until recently

Last edited by SMOKN C8; 03-13-2024 at 09:53 PM.
Old 03-14-2024, 09:58 AM
Sledge Hammer
Burning Brakes

Received 369 Likes on 214 Posts

Just noticed it on my '21 purchased about 6 weeks ago. Hadn't noticed it until yesterday when I had it out in the bright sun. I guess I will get to see what the certified used car warranty covers.
Old 03-14-2024, 12:38 PM
Prray
Burning Brakes

Received 254 Likes on 186 Posts

My 2023 has it too on both lamps, it's a know or common problem. Maybe poor sealing of the lens to lamp housing. I will address it with my dealer on next oil change!
Old 03-14-2024, 12:49 PM
GTFD2
Burning Brakes

Received 249 Likes on 143 Posts

Mine had to be replaced on a MY22. It only showed in certain lighting conditions. The Vet Tech at my dealer claimed that the inside of the lights received a coating to keep them from fogging, and if it got a bit too much of it would run.
The following users liked this post:
kromdom (03-18-2024)
Old 03-14-2024, 12:54 PM
1stc8
Instructor

Received 138 Likes on 54 Posts

any MY 24s with this issue?
Old 03-14-2024, 01:04 PM
Deepdiver
Burning Brakes

Received 431 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by GTFD2
Mine had to be replaced on a MY22. It only showed in certain lighting conditions. The Vet Tech at my dealer claimed that the inside of the lights received a coating to keep them from fogging, and if it got a bit too much of it would run.
That's an interesting theory. I wonder why the factory can't get it right.
Old 03-14-2024, 01:24 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 685 Likes on 508 Posts

Originally Posted by SMOKN C8
Mine has been free from this .... until today I saw that both lights are now showing the streaks

no ppf and for sure was not there until recently
Originally Posted by Sledge Hammer
Just noticed it on my '21 purchased about 6 weeks ago. Hadn't noticed it until yesterday when I had it out in the bright sun. I guess I will get to see what the certified used car warranty covers.
Originally Posted by Prray
My 2023 has it too on both lamps, it's a know or common problem. Maybe poor sealing of the lens to lamp housing. I will address it with my dealer on next oil change!
Hello all, this is certainly not what we like to hear. Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with the concerns with your Corvette's headlights. To do so, please send an email to socialmedia@gm.com with ATTN: [Forum Username]/Corvette Forums in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s Privacy Policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html. The information you provide may be monitored and recorded and is subject to the GM Privacy Statement.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com
The following 5 users liked this post by Chevy Cust Svc:
Fast Dawg (03-19-2024), kromdom (03-18-2024), Prray (03-14-2024), Red C8 of Jax (04-06-2024), SMOKN C8 (03-14-2024)
Old 03-14-2024, 02:05 PM
Prray
Burning Brakes

Default Thank you!

Originally Posted by Chevy Cust Svc
Hello all, this is certainly not what we like to hear. Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with the concerns with your Corvette's headlights. To do so, please send an email to socialmedia@gm.com with ATTN: [Forum Username]/Corvette Forums in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s Privacy Policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html. The information you provide may be monitored and recorded and is subject to the GM Privacy Statement.

Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com
Thanks for the response, I will follow your instructions.
Old 03-14-2024, 02:09 PM
SMOKN C8
Drifting

www.gm.com
Nice to see you watching this thread. I will send my info over as requested
Old 03-18-2024, 07:12 PM
SMOKN C8
Drifting

www.gm.com
Contacting them via the email address you provided was a complete waste of my time.

Add insult to injury, after wasting my time, they told me they could help me schedule an appointment with my nearest Cadillac dealer.

They cared nothing about my actual issue and are only willing to help me make an appointment. Even at my age, I’m pretty sure I can still do that by myself.
The following 2 users liked this post by SMOKN C8:
dohabandit (03-19-2024), Fast Dawg (03-19-2024)
Old 03-18-2024, 07:20 PM
J-Fly
Pro

Received 304 Likes on 173 Posts

Area you sure the streaks are on the inside? I had this problem on the windshield and because I couldn't clean it off, I assumed it was on the inside but it didn't come off from the inside either. The solution was to go back to the outside windshield and clean it with white vinegar.
Old 03-18-2024, 08:59 PM
SMOKN C8
Drifting

Originally Posted by J-Fly
Area you sure the streaks are on the inside? I had this problem on the windshield and because I couldn't clean it off, I assumed it was on the inside but it didn't come off from the inside either. The solution was to go back to the outside windshield and clean it with white vinegar.
1000% sure its inside
Prray (03-19-2024)
Old 03-19-2024, 07:54 AM
Prray
Burning Brakes

Default Wow

Originally Posted by SMOKN C8
Contacting them via the email address you provided was a complete waste of my time.

Add insult to injury, after wasting my time, they told me they could help me schedule an appointment with my nearest Cadillac dealer.

They cared nothing about my actual issue and are only willing to help me make an appointment. Even at my age, I’m pretty sure I can still do that by myself.
That's not reassuring, I have yet to send the email out for this and sounds like a waste of time?
Old 03-19-2024, 08:13 AM
SMOKN C8
Drifting

Originally Posted by Prray
That's not reassuring, I have yet to send the email out for this and sounds like a waste of time?
100% - Unless maybe you want to try to work this out with your dealership and they’ve given you a brick wall then maybe try and email
Prray (03-20-2024)
Old 03-19-2024, 08:33 AM
dohabandit
Melting Slicks

Received 1,444 Likes on 804 Posts

Originally Posted by J-Fly
Yes, 100% positive they are on the inside of the lens. When you move around dimensionally you can see they are on the back surface of the lens.
How bad are they? BAD!!!! I still have not heard of a "warranty claim approval" yet from my dealer. The service advisor told me to wait a while longer before filing my claim rather than being one of the first to have them done at their auto body shop.
Sounded like good advice, but I have only 3 months left on my B2B warranty and now they are sitting on it.

Watch this video:

Attached Files
File Type: mpeg
20220427_105845.mpeg (14.55 MB, 12 views)
Old 04-05-2024, 11:02 AM
SMOKN C8
Drifting

I was finally able to get pictures in the right lighting today to show how bad mine are. And yes, it's on the inside.

Old 04-05-2024, 11:38 AM
WhiteDevil828
Burning Brakes

Received 380 Likes on 177 Posts

But will replacement just create the same issue down the road when you’re out of warranty?
I have the same on only one of my headlights.

Get notified of new replies

To Water streak on inside front headlight lens

Old 04-05-2024, 12:31 PM
Deepdiver
Burning Brakes

^ very true, but maybe he'll get lucky and receive a set that doesn't have the issue.
Old 04-05-2024, 01:26 PM
SMOKN C8
Drifting

Originally Posted by WhiteDevil828
But will replacement just create the same issue down the road when you’re out of warranty?
I have the same on only one of my headlights.
I guess we will see. I just left the dealership and they took all the photographs and submitted it to GM for approval.

everyone who looked at it was like what the ****?!?
Old 04-05-2024, 02:11 PM
Deepdiver
Burning Brakes

^ I hope you get a good set. I had mine replaced and the same thing happened again. I haven't bothered to try again.

Quick Reply: Water streak on inside front headlight lens