Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is Rick Conti Still Selling Corvette’s ??

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2021, 09:46 AM
Mark2021C8
Pro

Received 486 Likes on 263 Posts

Sounds like you have a chip on your shoulder! Just don't buy a car from him. His videos are informative. You might want to watch them instead of stopping at 2:30. And I don't have anything to gain here since he did not return my e-mails either and I simply bought a C8 from Kerbeck.

Yes--attitude adjustment needed ea327.

Originally Posted by ea327
I stopped watching after 2:30. It appears to me that in the time it took to shoot and edit this video he could have returned a vast amount of voicemails and emails. So, maybe he should get out of his Smurf mobile and get back into his office and get to work.
Old 04-13-2021, 09:59 AM
ea327
Drifting

Received 703 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark2021C8
Sounds like you have a chip on your shoulder! Just don't buy a car from him. His videos are informative. You might want to watch them instead of stopping at 2:30. And I don't have anything to gain here since he did not return my e-mails either and I simply bought a C8 from Kerbeck.

Yes--attitude adjustment needed ea327.
I guess so.
The following users liked this post:
gurneyeagle (04-13-2021)
Old 04-13-2021, 11:01 AM
dahogan
Enjoy while you can.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,703 Likes on 1,277 Posts
Ohio Events Coordinator
2023 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
C2 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Geez, someone doesn't get his calls returned and he starts a thread. Picked up my new C8 yesterday from Coughlin Chevrolet, thank you Rick Conti.

The following 3 users liked this post by dahogan:
Big Lebowski (04-13-2021), c_r_h (04-23-2021), JDSKY (04-13-2021)
Old 04-13-2021, 11:06 AM
snarkesor61
Racer

Received 319 Likes on 123 Posts

Great looking car! Congrats. The point in this thread is not how Rick treats the customers that he has. He has a very loyal and satisfied following! But it is filled with people that have tried to contact him in many different ways, many different times, with no response. If you're in the customer service business, you'd understand what that means.
The following 2 users liked this post by snarkesor61:
ea327 (04-13-2021), frankjr (04-13-2021)
Old 04-13-2021, 11:13 AM
MagicGlass
Drifting

Received 1,232 Likes on 554 Posts

Originally Posted by dahogan
Geez, someone doesn't get his calls returned and he starts a thread. Picked up my new C8 yesterday from Coughlin Chevrolet, thank you Rick Conti.
correction MANY someone’s. Glad you got yours.

Last edited by MagicGlass; 04-13-2021 at 11:15 AM.
Old 04-13-2021, 11:15 AM
vette4lyn
Drifting

Received 664 Likes on 522 Posts

Originally Posted by dahogan
Geez..... whatever you did.... bottle it and sell it!
cor66vette (04-15-2021)
Old 04-13-2021, 12:47 PM
dmbe11
Cruising

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, that's great just rub it in our faces! What was your secret for special phone service!
Old 04-13-2021, 12:50 PM
dmbe11
Cruising

Don't worry, he never has! You guys would kiss up to anyone if you thought it would get you a car. Strait up! he is a loser and needs to retire. Show me anyone who treats PAST customers who spent money with his that he won't bother to even return a call and I'll show you a failure!
Old 04-13-2021, 12:51 PM
dmbe11
Cruising

Don't worry, he never has! You guys would kiss up to anyone if you thought it would get you a car. Strait up! he is a loser and needs to retire. Show me anyone who treats PAST customers who spent money with his that he won't bother to even return a call and I'll show you a failure!
Old 04-13-2021, 12:53 PM
dmbe11
Cruising

its not because he is a salesman its because of the C8 Period, so how could they lose! Its about allocation, a brick could sell these cars!
ea327 (04-13-2021)
Old 04-13-2021, 12:56 PM
fraziers LT4
Instructor

Received 83 Likes on 44 Posts

Old 04-13-2021, 12:58 PM
cj2driver
Racer

Received 229 Likes on 112 Posts

Four posts in a row from same poster is a record for my short tenure—harsh for everybody, no matter what your stance. 😎 I take it Rick is not going to be on your Christmas card list, unless you send it by email. Try using “Edit” next time.

Last edited by cj2driver; 04-13-2021 at 01:02 PM.
Old 04-13-2021, 01:02 PM
dmbe11
Cruising

Yes, he is. I have purchased 2 corvettes, the last one from him, a 12 Camero SS, GMC Sierra Denali, Equinox, Solstice GXP... Sonic for my daughter, and that's just the last 10 years. I expected to get a little better loyalty from a brand I have been loyal to. I just wanted communication. Tell me if he is so great why does he not have a helper or someone to handle what he can't. It's because he is too greedy and can handle the allocations, not the customers, a bit different\ce.
Old 04-13-2021, 01:05 PM
dmbe11
Cruising

Look, I'm a college teacher and I get reviews by every student each term that affects my job in multiple ways. If they fall below 85% recommend level then I lose my job, so yes I answer to my customers just like we all should in a supply & demand based system. Many people do a good job at work because they believe they should. I am wining because I am mad about this.
The following 2 users liked this post by dmbe11:
ea327 (04-13-2021), MagicGlass (04-13-2021)
Old 04-13-2021, 02:44 PM
direct007
Melting Slicks

Received 2,009 Likes on 1,026 Posts

Originally Posted by dmbe11
Look, I'm a college teacher and I get reviews by every student each term that affects my job in multiple ways. If they fall below 85% recommend level then I lose my job, so yes I answer to my customers just like we all should in a supply & demand based system. Many people do a good job at work because they believe they should. I am wining because I am mad about this.
Let's use your teaching a college class and getting reviews as an analogy to Rick's situation. Suppose you also set up a YouTube channel and had 35,000 subscribers watching you and a large majority of your subscribers wanted to take your class as they found the advice you gave in your YouTube videos very valuable and you built up a large following over many years. They all emailed you and tried calling you as they all want to be in your class right away. You only have 20 seats available in your class and there is no way you could accomodate your existing students as well as the thousands of your YouTube followers and possibly their referrals. You aren't prepared to handle that many people contacting you and the college you teach at isn't offering any assistance to you regarding communicating with these thousands of people.

Do you see the situation you would be in? Now how would you handle it? What CONSTRUCTIVE advice would you give Rick Conti on how to handle it?

In one of my previous posts in this thread, I suggested that Rick should set up an auto responder in his email account explaining the overwhelming response and that due to limited allocation and production, and more importantly limited hours in a day and limited assistance, he is unable to accommodate any further orders at this time and will be unable to personally respond to calls and emails until supply catches up with demand. Not sure why he isn't doing this, but that's just one suggestion.

In addition, I would invest in one of the best CRM software packages (Customer Relationship Management) that would capture the email address, contact info and reason for their contact of everyone interested in a Corvette and enough info that could be mined for automatic emails once cars become available. People can sign up for free and be contacted once cars become available. Most car dealerships have some form of this software but some are more robust than others and some dealerships put it to better use than others. I think everyone gets unwanted emails and color cards in the mail promoting Chevrolet but how often do you get one that really speaks to you and addresses your needs in a timely basis?

Another suggestion is that Coughlin, the dealership that Rick works for... gets with the program and sees the missed potential here and get's Rick a team of sales assistants or if that team is already in place, delegate each persons duties so there isn't such a disorganized mess of people who aren't being contacted. Again, not sure why this isn't being done but sometimes small towns have small minds and can't see the bigger picture.

Last edited by direct007; 04-13-2021 at 03:23 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by direct007:
C82021 (04-13-2021), JDSKY (04-13-2021)
Old 04-13-2021, 03:25 PM
vette4lyn
Drifting

Received 664 Likes on 522 Posts

IF it was me, I would simply get off you tube and plant myself behind my sales desk.

Problem solved.

After all, we landed a man on the moon over 50 years ago.

Why are we trying to solve a simple issue for a car salesman here. Can it not be any clearer?!

You don’t read about McMulkin/Kerbeck/Furman (Criswell) EVER having any communicative issues..... where the internet is trying to solve those issues for them.

Of course, they don’t spend hours on end on you tube either.

They just sell thousands of Corvettes, which is their job.... and not selling themselves on the internet.

They sell those thousands of Corvettes because they are great communicators.

Their allocations and sales of Corvettes over the years have proven that they have the most successful business model.

That is why they are light years ahead of whomever is bringing up the rear.

“The lead dog always has the best view”.

Again, with all due respect to Rick, too many here have gotten lost in the details.

Easy peasy.
The following 2 users liked this post by vette4lyn:
dmbe11 (04-13-2021), PDQ (04-13-2021)
Old 04-13-2021, 03:36 PM
dmbe11
Cruising

@direct007, I do see the situation he is in and I would recommend that he do some of the things you have suggested. The issue at hand though presents a difference in the premise. College courses don't face a limited production run so the correlation is week. That said I do understand the constraint he is facing, and because you are able to see solutions so do you. That constraint being that he is unable to prioritize his purpose. Does he sell corvettes or is he a YouTube producer? He says he can do both but history would show otherwise.

To examine further, he could sell all the C8's he is allocated without a single youtube video but he could not have 35000 youtube subscribers without his corvette gig. So any solution would require him to make a decision regarding what is most important. Second, he needs to be able to categorize contacts, between those interested and those curious. Past customers should be pre-qualified or flagged. His promise to me when I purchased my last car from him was that I could call him for service or help at any time, which has not been true. Lastly, prioritize his Corvette business and use Youtube to support the business. Eliminate all the activities that do not help to ensure his success as a Corvette salesman. Then by prioritizing his sales business all those items you suggested would benefit his long-term goal.

A final question, why is he unable to maintain a support person or an assistant? He has had at least three that I know if in the past. Without knowing it he is trading a long-term business model that could be successful in lean and fat time for a short-term model that ignores customer relations. Sure the folks who bought the last car are happy but what about when the next one comes out and then they are left on the road without acknowledgment he loses them as well. Corvettes even with their new C* model are facing an aging demographic and that might happen sooner than later.

Writing this has given me a better look at what has irritated me most. I was under the impression that I was on his allocation list and did not place my name on another list, which I would have if he had been honest with me. So I am left without even the hope of getting a C8. Now I am on a long list for a Z06 from Louisville when I would much rather do business locally.

I am however happy for those who were able to get a car, enjoy them and get to the track for sure!
direct007 (04-13-2021)

Get notified of new replies

To Is Rick Conti Still Selling Corvette’s ??

Old 04-13-2021, 03:39 PM
dmbe11
Cruising

Originally Posted by cj2driver
Four posts in a row from same poster is a record for my short tenure—harsh for everybody, no matter what your stance. 😎 I take it Rick is not going to be on your Christmas card list, unless you send it by email. Try using “Edit” next time.
surprised you can count so well. just kidding, I was replying to different posts and was thinking they would be threaded.
Old 04-13-2021, 03:40 PM
direct007
Melting Slicks

Received 2,009 Likes on 1,026 Posts

Originally Posted by vette4lyn
IF it was me, I would simply get off you tube and plant myself behind my sales desk.

Problem solved.

After all, we landed a man on the moon over 50 years ago.

Why are we trying to solve a simple issue for a car salesman here. Can it not be any clearer?!

You don’t read about McMulkin/Kerbeck/Furman (Criswell) EVER having any communicative issues..... where the internet is trying to solve those issues for them.

Of course, they don’t spend hours on end on you tube either.

They just sell thousands of Corvettes, which is their job.... and not selling themselves on the internet.

They sell those thousands of Corvettes because they are great communicators.

Their allocations and sales of Corvettes over the years have proven that they have the most successful business model.

That is why they are light years ahead of whomever is bringing up the rear.

“The lead dog always has the best view”.

Again, with all due respect to Rick, too many here have gotten lost in the details.

Easy peasy.
It's not that simple. The reason why the 3 largest dealerships are where they are isn't because they aren't on YouTube. They built their allocations all in a similar way and it took many years. They purchased cars during the lean years when interest in Corvette was at a low point and sold those cars at a loss in many cases. That takes very deep pockets that most dealerships don't have or if they do, aren't willing to risk. Only so many dealerships can move a high volume of an otherwise limited demand automobile. If the C8 lasts 10 years before the C9...there will only be demand like we are seeing for so many years until supply catches up. Rick made a name for himself by differentiating himself from other Corvette salespeople without having the luxury of a huge allocation in relation to the big 3. As a result of that success it's biting him in the *** right now....the key words here are right now. Historically, it has helped build his business. Even if he took a break, his audience hasn't disappeared. It wouldn't solve the immediate problem
The following 3 users liked this post by direct007:
dahogan (04-13-2021), JDSKY (04-13-2021), srobert910 (04-13-2021)
Old 04-13-2021, 03:51 PM
foo.c
Pro

Received 412 Likes on 187 Posts

At least my local Chevy dealer answered my call to let me know it would be a loooong wait before I would be able to get a C8 through them.

Quick Reply: Is Rick Conti Still Selling Corvette’s ??