Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone been approached to sell C8 lately?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2021, 11:29 PM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

Received 1,995 Likes on 1,150 Posts

Originally Posted by punky
I've owned a number of different successful enterprises over the last 40 years and would not be able to negotiate a deal on a new C8 for $3,200 under sticker and don't know anyone who could at this time.
You must be one hell of a business man my friend.
So guys are paying $15,000 over what the original purchaser of used units paid but you paid $3,200 under MSRP on a brand new one? Really?
It would be reasonable to call BS on this one.

Lets do this.....I’ll post my paperwork for a $500 wager. You lose you donate $500 to st Judes?

Before I do that tho I need to be comfortable you’ll fork over the $500. Not sure how to get your money....anyone have any ideas?
The following 2 users liked this post by Greg00Coupe:
stronghammer (03-18-2021), zcobra1 (03-18-2021)
Old 03-18-2021, 12:43 AM
evilmonkey
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm a little confused by this thread.. I've been out of the Corvette world since I sold my C7 a couple years ago, and admittedly I haven't done a lot of research on buying a C8 and haven't been on the forum in a while. But I'm seeing some dealers with inventory or at least in transit C8's at msrp. Why would anyone pay 10-20k over msrp for a used one when they can get a new one at or near msrp? I haven't contacted any dealers yet, so I wonder if they're showing cars that are already sold? Or are these dealers just full of sh*t?
Old 03-18-2021, 12:58 AM
N7 VAHung
Instructor

Received 98 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by evilmonkey
I'm a little confused by this thread.. I've been out of the Corvette world since I sold my C7 a couple years ago, and admittedly I haven't done a lot of research on buying a C8 and haven't been on the forum in a while. But I'm seeing some dealers with inventory or at least in transit C8's at msrp. Why would anyone pay 10-20k over msrp for a used one when they can get a new one at or near msrp? I haven't contacted any dealers yet, so I wonder if they're showing cars that are already sold? Or are these dealers just full of sh*t?
Cars shown on websites are pulled from the national database, which will include already sold customer orders. Most of the MSRP cars you see online through dealership websites are those cars.

In terms of available cars, most of them are customer orders that fell through after the car was set to be built. From what I've seen, most dealerships are choosing to sell these for over MSRP while the hype is hot, even if they're selling at MSRP for customer orders.

As for paying 10-15k over for a car now, that's the key detail. They're getting the car now. They're not waiting 6-12 months to hopefully get the car. To some people, that's worth the price over MSRP. Not to mention that in some states, that 10k over might not be much more than MSRP+tax and fees anyways.
Old 03-18-2021, 07:14 AM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Originally Posted by evilmonkey
Exactly.
Old 03-18-2021, 07:31 AM
USMC 0802
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 959 Likes on 490 Posts
USMC

Originally Posted by Greg00Coupe
Lets do this.....I’ll post my paperwork for a $500 wager. You lose you donate $500 to st Judes?

Before I do that tho I need to be comfortable you’ll fork over the $500. Not sure how to get your money....anyone have any ideas?
This ought to be good...

The following users liked this post:
lchat21 (03-21-2021)
Old 03-18-2021, 08:32 AM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Originally Posted by USMC 0802
This ought to be good...

The guy who gets an unheard of discount on a new C8 that nobody else even comes close to will "post" his paperwork and I then send 500. LOL!

Old 03-18-2021, 08:45 AM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

This is great stuff. You are "not sure how to get" my money but you have the business/negotiating expertise that has provided you with a fairy tale $3,200 dollar discount on a car that others are paying well over MSRP to aquire.
I'll make it real easy for you Mr. Businessman, not interested in you posting BS doctored up paperwork and I won't ever be sending you 500 bucks, get real Dude.
Why don't you just charge the rest of us far less astute negotiators the 500 bucks to get us the $3,200 discount that you did. You can then send the charities of your choice the windfall that you will surely experience.
It is abundantly clear that even without your "paperwork", you are capable of doing what no one else here can.
wfoZ06 (03-19-2021)
Old 03-18-2021, 04:09 PM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

This is great stuff. You are "not sure how to get" my money but you have the business/negotiating expertise that has provided you with a fairy tale $3,200 dollar discount on a car that others are paying well over MSRP to aquire.
I'll make it real easy for you Mr. Businessman, not interested in you posting BS doctored up paperwork and I won't ever be sending you 500 bucks, get real Dude.
Why don't you just charge the rest of us far less astute negotiators the 500 bucks to get us the $3,200 discount that you did. You can then send the charities of your choice the windfall that you will surely experience.
It is abundantly clear that even without your "paperwork", you are capable of doing what no one else here can.

You called bs and me a liar.....my turn......chicken ****! You “escrow” the $500 so you can’t renege, not sure how we’d do that.....I’ll prove my numbers even if you need to call my dealer to verify. I don’t want your money....it will go to st judes....when you lose.....just need for you to put up a non returnable payment.

I have a friend as a dealer who I’ve bought a number of corvettes from. I refer him lot of business....that’s how business gets done!
Old 03-18-2021, 05:36 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

You called bs and me a liar.....my turn......chicken ****! You “escrow” the $500 so you can’t renege, not sure how we’d do that.....I’ll prove my numbers even if you need to call my dealer to verify. I don’t want your money....it will go to st judes....when you lose.....just need for you to put up a non returnable payment.

I have a friend as a dealer who I’ve bought a number of corvettes from. I refer him lot of business....that’s how business gets done!
You can shove your stupid bet Pal.
Gotta love how you get a deal on a new C8 that no one else can get because "that's how business gets done". Yes sir, you are the man! Too funny.
Oh well, hope you enjoy your C8.
Old 03-19-2021, 08:51 AM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

You can shove your stupid bet Pal.
Gotta love how you get a deal on a new C8 that no one else can get because "that's how business gets done". Yes sir, you are the man! Too funny.
Oh well, hope you enjoy your C8.

Guess you showed you true colors......yellow.

Here’s the lessons for you...the take aways.....

1. Never say never.
2. You may think you have experience but there’s more to learn, someone always is doing it better.
3. Don’t call people out if your not ready to back your claims.
4. This was not a bet. A bet is when each party take a risk on something happening, to be proven. My side is a sure thing.
5. Your rock is waiting for you to craw back under.

So.....my dealer friend takes care of me...we scratch each other’s back. He’s not a big corvette dealer, only sold 2 cars in 2020. Back when the c7s showed up I referred about a dozen forum members to him...he was offering a flat $2k off msrp to anyone, when everyone was at msrp or above. He said there was plenty of money made at that price. Btw on a 16z I got it at @ almost 8k off...right time on that one. and that us how business gets done.
OntarioOrangeC3 (03-20-2021)
Old 03-19-2021, 09:25 AM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

1. Never say never.
2. You may think you have experience but there’s more to learn, someone always is doing it better.
4. This was not a bet. A bet is when each party take a risk on something happening, to be proven. My side is a sure thing.

So.....my dealer friend takes care of me...we scratch each other’s back. He’s not a big corvette dealer, only sold 2 cars in 2020. Back when the c7s showed up I referred about a dozen forum members to him...he was offering a flat $2k off msrp to anyone, when everyone was at msrp or above. He said there was plenty of money made at that price. Btw on a 16z I got it at @ almost 8k off...right time on that one. and that us how business gets done.
You are just full of crap my Man. Your dealer could have sold that C8 for sticker the day he got it but instead gave you a $3,200 gift because you are such a nice a nice guy and a great businessman, sure thing Dude, and the moon is made of green cheese. Your dealer "buddy" also needed your precious referrals to sell C7s 2 grand less than anybody else would, sure thing Pal, makes all the sense in the world. Nobody on here with an ounce of business sense is believing any of your BS and nonsense.
BTW, I wouldn't get to cocky about the 8k discount you found on a '16 Z06. Dealers were advertising $10,000 off and would settle for even more. Yesiree Bob, you are one hell of a businessman.

Last edited by punky; 03-19-2021 at 09:28 AM.
Old 03-19-2021, 09:32 AM
Phil1098
Race Director

Received 11,610 Likes on 4,640 Posts

1. Never say never.

Your dealer sounds like a really poor business man. There is no difference at all in anyone walking up and asking him for $3,200 out of his pocket, because that's what he did for you, no reason to discriminate. I bought my C8 from the Chevy dealer I worked at for over ten years and was a manager for seven. I made him about a million dollars while there, so quite a bit more than a few referrals could net. The bottom line is, when your dealer could have sold any C8 for list the day the allocation came up, and he gave you a $3,200 discount, he just threw $3,200 out into the street. If I would have got a discount like that I would have a big picture of it and be showing everyone I won the lottery, not asking people to pay money to see it, that's a bit odd.
punky (03-19-2021)
Old 03-19-2021, 11:46 AM
2017 NDGS SGBE
Pro

Received 345 Likes on 181 Posts

Hey guys take it “down” a level really it is just a car!
Regarding discounts I had a businessman former employer. That I would drive truck for on days off from my regular job. Deal I was remodeling my basement I received a discount on building materials for my labor.
My opinion it was a good deal. Other opinions said it was crazy to spend time off working.
Time to move on let it go😎
Old 03-19-2021, 12:00 PM
ATC399
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 768 Likes on 395 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil1098
Your dealer sounds like a really poor business man. There is no difference at all in anyone walking up and asking him for $3,200 out of his pocket, because that's what he did for you, no reason to discriminate. I bought my C8 from the Chevy dealer I worked at for over ten years and was a manager for seven. I made him about a million dollars while there, so quite a bit more than a few referrals could net. The bottom line is, when your dealer could have sold any C8 for list the day the allocation came up, and he gave you a $3,200 discount, he just threw $3,200 out into the street. If I would have got a discount like that I would have a big picture of it and be showing everyone I won the lottery, not asking people to pay money to see it, that's a bit odd.
Sounds like he's got a great deal..so what...it happens....Merica
The following 2 users liked this post by ATC399:
Rapid Fred (03-21-2021), V RED 08 (03-19-2021)
Old 03-19-2021, 12:08 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Originally Posted by 2017 NDGS SGBE
Hey guys take it “down” a level really it is just a car!
Regarding discounts I had a businessman former employer. That I would drive truck for on days off from my regular job. Deal I was remodeling my basement I received a discount on building materials for my labor.
My opinion it was a good deal. Other opinions said it was crazy to spend time off working.
Time to move on let it go😎
We understand that "it is just a car".
There are a number of us here who called BS on a claim about a discount level that nobody else can get right now. No good reason for anyone to create unrealistic expectations.
I have friends that are car dealers who have fantastic businesses. They don't pay their hefty overhead by throwing away profit margins when there is absolutely no logical reason to do so.
You don't need a Wharton MBA to figure that out.
Old 03-19-2021, 12:23 PM
Phil1098
Race Director

Received 11,610 Likes on 4,640 Posts

Originally Posted by ATC399
Sounds like he's got a great deal..so what...it happens....Merica

Sure he did, I have bad news, Walt Disney is dead and we're all out of magic dust.
Old 03-19-2021, 12:25 PM
surypap3
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought mine for 3200 under MSRP........ paid the required $500 SC tax and the $245 dealer fee and even the $20 for a temp tag. I'm not beating my chest but I can sell the car for way more then I have in it and chose not to. For me that is a luxury of life.....having multiple choices and not being motivated by money.
Can you share how you got the below MSRP. We all should know this for our next buy. I asked for a discount .... it just didn't fly!

Get notified of new replies

To Has anyone been approached to sell C8 lately?

Old 03-19-2021, 12:27 PM
thill444
Le Mans Master

Received 4,100 Likes on 2,003 Posts

Paul Masse (Top 30-40 Corvette dealer) is $500 off MSRP on all C8's. That is where I ordered mine.
Old 03-19-2021, 04:23 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Originally Posted by surypap3
Can you share how you got the below MSRP. We all should know this for our next buy. I asked for a discount .... it just didn't fly!
Yeah, this guy has sure got the touch, probably made his buddy the dealer an offer he could not refuse. Seriously, don't put any stock in his claim of a $3,200 discount, he is full of sheet.
Old 03-19-2021, 06:48 PM
stronghammer
Intermediate

Received 28 Likes on 7 Posts

Greg00Coupe - 1 Punky - 0
The following 4 users liked this post by stronghammer:
OntarioOrangeC3 (03-20-2021), Sub Driver (03-21-2021), USMC 0802 (03-19-2021), wysokowski (03-21-2021)

Quick Reply: Has anyone been approached to sell C8 lately?