Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motor Trend's hot lap of the C8 for PCOTY

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2021, 02:32 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,669 Likes on 8,312 Posts

Originally Posted by TARANTULA
Randy is there to drive the cars, not to give advice to the engineers on how to set up cars. I think it’s really easy to understand no?.
Generally true, but a number of great pro drivers do become quite adept at chassis set-up. Randy Pobst worked closely with Mike Levitas on the DSC Sport MSRC and Porsche PASM Controllers at TSC Racing/DSC Sport. Mike and Randy are friends from their long racing careers. Mike was a Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona winner in the mid-2000s, still races in the IMSA Porsche Cup, won many national championships, and is now a recognized expert in Corvette and Porsche chassis set-up.

Mike is also a C7 ZR1 owner, and he set up both of my C7s, which completely transformed them over the factory set-up. As soon as he gets his hands on a C8, I'm almost certain he will work miracles with it too.

Last edited by Foosh; 01-09-2021 at 02:33 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Foosh:
911Hunter (01-09-2021), Kodiak Bear (01-09-2021), Shaka (01-09-2021)
Old 01-09-2021, 03:14 PM
Les
Race Director

Received 961 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
Generally true, but a number of great pro drivers do become quite adept at chassis set-up. Randy Pobst worked closely with Mike Levitas on the DSC Sport MSRC and Porsche PASM Controllers at TSC Racing/DSC Sport. Mike and Randy are friends from their long racing careers. Mike was a Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona winner in the mid-2000s, still races in the IMSA Porsche Cup, won many national championships, and is now a recognized expert in Corvette and Porsche chassis set-up.

Mike is also a C7 ZR1 owner, and he set up both of my C7s, which completely transformed them over the factory set-up. As soon as he gets his hands on a C8, I'm almost certain he will work miracles with it too.
So, are you saying that this article/video might actually be real???

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/chev...e-even-better/
The following users liked this post:
Foosh (01-09-2021)
Old 01-09-2021, 03:27 PM
Phil1098
Race Director

Received 11,610 Likes on 4,640 Posts

Originally Posted by Les
So, are you saying that this article/video might actually be real???

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/chev...e-even-better/
I like this at the end of the article:

"Editor's Note: Randy Pobst is a two-time class winner of the 24 Hours of Daytona, and with more than 90 professional race wins, he's a multiple-time class champion in myriad racing series. He has been a factory-supported driver by Porsche, Volvo, Mazda, and Audi. Numerous automakers have hired his diagnostic and testing services as a dynamics consultant during vehicle development."

Pretty good for a guy that drives by braille or maybe it's because Shaka was too busy.
The following 2 users liked this post by Phil1098:
911Hunter (01-09-2021), Foosh (01-09-2021)
Old 01-09-2021, 03:36 PM
Sub Driver
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,772 Likes on 1,467 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil1098

"Editor's Note: Randy Pobst is a two-time class winner of the 24 Hours of Daytona, and with more than 90 professional race wins, he's a multiple-time class champion in myriad racing series. He has been a factory-supported driver by Porsche, Volvo, Mazda, and Audi. Numerous automakers have hired his diagnostic and testing services as a dynamics consultant during vehicle development."

Pretty good for a guy that drives by braille or maybe it's because Shaka was too busy.
I think they asked for Shaka's help but he just kept sending them random pics of a chassis and so they gave up.
Old 01-09-2021, 03:42 PM
Phil1098
Race Director

Received 11,610 Likes on 4,640 Posts

Originally Posted by Sub Driver
I think they asked for Shaka's help but he just kept sending them random pics of a chassis and so they gave up.

Old 01-09-2021, 04:24 PM
Les
Race Director

Received 961 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil1098

Exactly!
Old 01-09-2021, 05:01 PM
TARANTULA
Melting Slicks

Received 1,035 Likes on 468 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh

I have a DSC on my GT3
The following users liked this post:
Foosh (01-10-2021)

Quick Reply: Motor Trend's hot lap of the C8 for PCOTY