Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Courtesy Delivery Missing Items- Please help

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2020, 12:28 PM
Bikerjulio
Burning Brakes

Received 381 Likes on 221 Posts

I'd guess most dealer prep people regard the sticker as disposable. It's stuck on and needs some care to remove safely in one piece.

It's up to you to make a request in advance and make sure it gets to the right person.
Old 10-29-2020, 12:28 PM
Phil1098
Race Director

Received 11,632 Likes on 4,655 Posts

[QUOTE=steve0415;1602419401]
Originally Posted by progtp
Now all that's left is for them to resolve the missing Window Sticker and any other paperwork.

Steve
It's all in the trash can out in the clean up shop where the lot boy put it when he cleaned your car. Not trying to be funny, it seriously is.
Old 10-29-2020, 03:46 PM
Avanti
Race Director

Received 5,247 Likes on 3,478 Posts

Such is often bad enough when you take delivery where you buy the car. No surprise they don't care, and instead opt to further hone their lying skills when you haven't bought from them. Sorry, but not in the least surprising.
Old 10-29-2020, 07:27 PM
bluan
Pro

Received 590 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by 90sundevil
I also got the protective covering my car came in, maybe you need to see if they put the cooling ducts on your car if they were not in the frunk. My horrible dealer Van Chevrolet who are thieves and dishonest put the cooling ducts on the car as part of the PPI when they should not have. When it comes time for my first oil change I will have them take it off as I have no intention on tracking the car.
I asked my courtesy delivery dealer about those cooling ducks, and they told me that DO NOT PUT THEM ON until right before you track your car, as during normal driving these ducks actually are not good to be on the car. They said that this is an instruction from GM, and for all the cars they did PDI work, they don't put it on. I have not verified this with Corvette Concierge, but if this is true, maybe you should consider removing them sooner if you are not going to track the car for a while.
The following users liked this post:
90sundevil (11-03-2020)
Old 10-30-2020, 12:08 AM
bad mooofooo
Pro

Received 564 Likes on 221 Posts
Modified C8 of the Year 2021 Finalist

My dealer had GM send a new window sticker.
Old 10-30-2020, 02:34 AM
steve0415
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 333 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by bad mooofooo
My dealer had GM send a new window sticker.
MacMulkin has ordered a new Window Sticker for me also. The courtesy delivery dealer, Grieco Chevrolet, told me that they would order me one from GM also, but MacMulkin told me that was not possible, as only the SOLD order dealer can do that. Just another LIE from Grieco Chevrolet people. What? a car salesperson not telling the truth? haha.
Old 10-30-2020, 08:21 AM
JALLEN4
Melting Slicks

Received 2,178 Likes on 1,010 Posts

Originally Posted by steve0415
MacMulkin has ordered a new Window Sticker for me also. The courtesy delivery dealer, Grieco Chevrolet, told me that they would order me one from GM also, but MacMulkin told me that was not possible, as only the SOLD order dealer can do that. Just another LIE from Grieco Chevrolet people. What? a car salesperson not telling the truth? haha.
I wouldn't be too harsh on Greico. As the dealer performing the PDI they can certainly go back to GM for a window sticker. I have done it successfully.
Old 10-30-2020, 10:45 AM
Second Vette
Drifting

Received 642 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by bluan
I asked my courtesy delivery dealer about those cooling ducks, and they told me that DO NOT PUT THEM ON until right before you track your car, as during normal driving these ducks actually are not good to be on the car. They said that this is an instruction from GM, and for all the cars they did PDI work, they don't put it on. I have not verified this with Corvette Concierge, but if this is true, maybe you should consider removing them sooner if you are not going to track the car for a while.
They sound like a bunch of Quacks.
gurneyeagle (11-02-2020)
Old 10-30-2020, 11:08 AM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,129 Likes on 6,195 Posts

Originally Posted by bluan
The cooling ducts are absolutely supposed to be installed except for the lower rear portion. Read the Special Inspection Items - Exterior at the bottom of the PDI Checklist:

If your courtesy delivery dealer did not install any of the ducts, they failed and did not do the PDI correctly.
CitznFish (10-30-2020)
Old 10-30-2020, 12:26 PM
papillion
Safety Car

Received 2,383 Likes on 1,169 Posts

Default Weird Deal

First, you buy the car from another dealer and complain about the service from the local dealer you stiffed on the sale. Forget the nickels and dimes you paid for courtesy delivery. It is insignificant. If I'd been Greico, I have told you to take a hike. Second, you complain about the license plate bracket missing when in fact you didn't order it to begin with. And didn't look carefully for the other things before deciding to attack the dealer. Geez dude. Get a life first.
Old 10-30-2020, 12:39 PM
MarkP
Pro

Received 176 Likes on 76 Posts

Thank you for that info. I was on the NCM website last night looking at what they offer. If I have to go that route, Grieco will definitely be paying for all of it.

Thanks again,

Steve
Steve,

The car is new enough that the dealer should be able to order and PAY for a reprint of the window sticker through GM Global Connect...
Old 10-30-2020, 12:42 PM
MarkP
Pro

Received 176 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by papillion
First, you buy the car from another dealer and complain about the service from the local dealer you stiffed on the sale. Forget the nickels and dimes you paid for courtesy delivery. It is insignificant. If I'd been Greico, I have told you to take a hike.

SNIP
That's a warped way of looking at it. Regardless of whether or not he ordered/bought the car through Greico, being Greico Chevrolet they should look at it as: "this customer may not have bought the car from us, but he's going to need some place to bring it for maintenance and service...."
Old 10-30-2020, 02:45 PM
Fagunza
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

FYI - On the Monroney sticker itself, on the far right side, the small print states: "This label has been applied pursuant to Federal law - Do not remove prior to delivery to the ultimate purchaser".
I know just about every dealership violates this law, but the fact remains that you should have gotten the window sticker.
Old 10-30-2020, 02:47 PM
Gearhead SS
Racer

Received 329 Likes on 139 Posts

The ordering dealer can get you a replacement window sticker from GM. The build sheets that might have been in the car, not so much. Museum can get them for a fee though.

This is why I don't like courtesy deliveries. You just never know if the dealer doing it will take the time and effort for a car that they didn't sell. The selling dealer is getting the profit and credit for the sale, the courtesy delivering dealer just gets whatever fee they charge the selling dealer. It's always a good idea to make contact with the CD well before the car arrives and try to establish a relationship with someone there prior to the car arriving. That way they can know ahead of time that you want to keep all of that stuff.

Is there a reason that you didn't grab the sticker and build sheet when you were there getting pictures of it?

Last edited by Gearhead SS; 10-30-2020 at 02:58 PM.
Snake Slayer (10-30-2020)
Old 10-30-2020, 03:39 PM
JABCAT
Race Director

Received 8,895 Likes on 4,285 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

Originally Posted by Fagunza
FYI - On the Monroney sticker itself, on the far right side, the small print states: "This label has been applied pursuant to Federal law - Do not remove prior to delivery to the ultimate purchaser".
I know just about every dealership violates this law, but the fact remains that you should have gotten the window sticker.
This ^^ they are supposed to provide it toyou. I’ve never had a dealer throw the sticker away, it’s been put in the glove box (without me asking for it) in every new car I’ve ever purchased across 6 different states.

Last edited by JABCAT; 10-30-2020 at 03:42 PM.
Old 10-30-2020, 06:16 PM
Aquarian
Drifting

Received 104 Likes on 67 Posts

Dealer can also get a build sheet for the Global Connect dealer site under Service/ vehicle history
Old 10-30-2020, 07:05 PM
Snake Slayer
Safety Car

Received 520 Likes on 199 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Originally Posted by Gearhead SS
The ordering dealer can get you a replacement window sticker from GM. The build sheets that might have been in the car, not so much. Museum can get them for a fee though.

This is why I don't like courtesy deliveries. You just never know if the dealer doing it will take the time and effort for a car that they didn't sell. The selling dealer is getting the profit and credit for the sale, the courtesy delivering dealer just gets whatever fee they charge the selling dealer. It's always a good idea to make contact with the CD well before the car arrives and try to establish a relationship with someone there prior to the car arriving. That way they can know ahead of time that you want to keep all of that stuff.

Is there a reason that you didn't grab the sticker and build sheet when you were there getting pictures of it?
This is great advice... I have a pending CD next week and contacted the dealership's fleet manager who oversees CD. We have exchanged several emails and I outlined a few requests such as not washing the vehicle.

Get notified of new replies

To Courtesy Delivery Missing Items- Please help

Old 10-31-2020, 07:50 AM
purple heart
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by stvdman
It seems a huge point is being missed, WHO STOLE YOUR STUFF!?!?!?
If you think about it, someone really gains nothing from actually stealing it. I wonder if someone on the PDF team who got that car ready maybe just didn't realize Corvette owners want to keep their window stickers...? Or, someone just had a screw loose and just doesn't know better.

Probably no body will own up to it for fear of losing their job.

That's one reason I always go over particulars like those with my salesperson whenever I buy a new Corvette. In fact, this time when my HTC comes in (sometime this month-November), I already told the salesman not only save the window sticker but to not clean up the car AND don't fill it up with gas...especially after I found out that they don't have pumps on their lot and the nearest gas station is 1/2 a mile away! I figure $35 or so is no real big loss or price to pay to keep on less person joy-riding the car.

Last edited by purple heart; 10-31-2020 at 07:53 AM.
Old 10-31-2020, 08:30 AM
Phil1098
Race Director

Received 11,632 Likes on 4,655 Posts

Originally Posted by Snake Slayer
This is great advice... I have a pending CD next week and contacted the dealership's fleet manager who oversees CD. We have exchanged several emails and I outlined a few requests such as not washing the vehicle.
While I took delivery from the selling dealer, I asked them to not remove anything but the shipping bag for doing the PDI (which is exactly as they did). I also promised the sales manager that when I get my survey I will say that the car was cleaned and he will get the highest rating allowed for that section of the survey. Some would ask it to not be washed and then torpedo the dealer on survey by "being honest" and saying the car wasn't cleaned.
Snake Slayer (10-31-2020)
Old 11-02-2020, 12:36 PM
Gearhead SS
Racer

Received 329 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by Aquarian
Dealer can also get a build sheet for the Global Connect dealer site under Service/ vehicle history
That's not a build sheet. It's just the list of RPOs that the car was built with. The build sheet is the actual piece of paper that travels down the assembly line with the car at Bowling Green. Not the same thing.

Quick Reply: Courtesy Delivery Missing Items- Please help