Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carwow C8 Review :see how quick it is 0-60 and the shocking UK price!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2020, 03:52 PM
Aozora
Burning Brakes

Received 865 Likes on 365 Posts

Originally Posted by bcmarly

2020 GT4

2019 Porsche GT3 RS
Look at those unaligned stitchings, terrible.
Are those doors actually covered with suede? The 70’s called and want their fuzzy dice back.
wheres the $@ki$g door handle, is that a piece of cloth you open the door with?
whats the price tag on this car?

Last edited by Aozora; 10-13-2020 at 03:54 PM.
Old 10-13-2020, 04:02 PM
Phil1098
Race Director

Received 11,607 Likes on 4,638 Posts

Not sure why they would post a 0-60 and then say the Germans go the other way and under report. Look at the mileage on the car (66), then look at tire temps, pretty sad for someone acting like they are impartial. Not exactly a broken in car with the torque reduction removed.

Old 10-13-2020, 04:06 PM
brit z06
Advanced

Received 170 Likes on 41 Posts
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Unmodified

My official Corvette dealer makes a good job of looking after my euro model C7 Z06.
I m lucky though ,we only have one official dealer and it is five miles from my home !.
Old 10-13-2020, 04:11 PM
New car dude
Drifting

Received 514 Likes on 344 Posts

I am calling it again folks. The C8 Corvette IN ALL VARIANTS IN RHD will SMASH the U.K market OVERALL. Those browns, bronze and silvers will be hot selling colors EVERYWHERE on the European continent. Hate the car as much as you want, but UK citizens WILL BE LINED UP AT THE DEALERSHIP to take full advantage of the 82,000 pound sterling price of the Z51 2LT price in 2022. GM is going full steam ahead with their RHD plans, and the Australian, UK and Japanese markets are targets. We are talking GM folks, not some small Lotus like company.
Old 10-13-2020, 04:26 PM
thill444
Le Mans Master

Received 4,100 Likes on 2,003 Posts

Originally Posted by New car dude
I am calling it again folks. The C8 Corvette IN ALL VARIANTS IN RHD will SMASH the U.K market OVERALL. Those browns, bronze and silvers will be hot selling colors EVERYWHERE on the European continent. Hate the car as much as you want, but UK citizens WILL BE LINED UP AT THE DEALERSHIP to take full advantage of the 82,000 pound sterling price of the Z51 2LT price in 2022. GM is going full steam ahead with their RHD plans, and the Australian, UK and Japanese markets are targets. We are talking GM folks, not some small Lotus like company.
Your calling what? C8 production has been a nightmare. From the strike, to Covid, and now to parts shortages (factory is shutdown again) GM production is so far below their original forecasts. There are people in the US that have been waiting for over a year for their car and some of them may not even get it until next year.

UK will be lucky to get a thousand C8's when GM can actually be in a position to ship them overseas. And nobody knows the price point in a few years. Way to many variables. The C8's a great car but it will have little to no overall impact to the European sports car market.

Again, you have limited to no GM dealership network and very few Corvette techs. I can't imagine paying $120K+ for a car and then having to wait months for a part.

Last edited by thill444; 10-13-2020 at 04:27 PM.
Old 10-13-2020, 05:33 PM
New car dude
Drifting

Originally Posted by thill444
Your calling what? C8 production has been a nightmare. From the strike, to Covid, and now to parts shortages (factory is shutdown again) GM production is so far below their original forecasts. There are people in the US that have been waiting for over a year for their car and some of them may not even get it until next year.

UK will be lucky to get a thousand C8's when GM can actually be in a position to ship them overseas. And nobody knows the price point in a few years. Way to many variables. The C8's a great car but it will have little to no overall impact to the European sports car market.

Again, you have limited to no GM dealership network and very few Corvette techs. I can't imagine paying $120K+ for a car and then having to wait months for a part.
You do realize we are talking about the GM that plans to dominate the European marketplace with EVs in the next 10 years? They can easily establish dealers and networks in the blink of a eye, IF THEY CHOOSE TO DO SO. This is one of the largest COMPANIES on this planet. Their plans to invade Europe with charging stations and cars is already underway. Every car company wants onboard with GMs SKATEBOARD chassis EV tech. Its the ONLY company to offer this fully integrated sytem that allows others to use their own construction of the final product. GM has already secured EV battery future tech more than ANY other company. GM can do anything the law allows them to do.
Old 10-13-2020, 05:36 PM
TLS_Addict
Team Owner

Received 677 Likes on 347 Posts

Blink of an eye? You're delusional. They won't establish a dealer network for the Corvette and some EV's. Too much cost and not enough return. Not sure where you get this info but good Lord.
The following users liked this post:
BEAR-AvHistory (10-13-2020)
Old 10-14-2020, 03:17 AM
Zaro Tundov
Drifting

Received 1,039 Likes on 554 Posts

That reviewer is a tool. He tests a car within the break in period with reduced engine output and then makes an issue out of the acceleration time being worse than advertised? So many things wrong there. Why is he beating on a car before it’s broken in?

The stitching misalignment is unacceptable to me. If GM can’t achieve the manufacturing precision required to align contrast stitching then GM Design Studio shouldn’t use it as a design element. Know your limitations and work around them.
The following users liked this post:
23/C8Z (10-14-2020)
Old 10-14-2020, 05:00 AM
brit z06
Advanced

Received 170 Likes on 41 Posts
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Unmodified

This will be the third time that GM has had an attempt at selling the Corvette in the UK.
The first time during the C5 generation they were sold though selected Vauxhall Dealers . Because they were Left hand drive this was always going to limit sales.
The second time during the C6 generation a deal was done with Stratstone , a nationwide multi franchise dealer. Probably a hundred or so were sold before the plug was pulled again.
Alongside this arrangement there was a big independent dealership in Manchester selling the American GM range in the north of England but they went into liquidation during the C6 time.
The difference this time is that GM has since sold the Vauxhall brand to Peugeot, and now longer sells any GM cars in the UK ( apart from Corvette ).
This time the UK will get the Corvette in RHD ,but at the moment we only have one official dealer in the UK .
It is in the South, 20 miles from London and is a small village garage with a showroom that holds three cars . Along side Corvette ,Dodge, Cadillac and Ram they also sell
SSangyong. A South Korean budget brand .

I bought my C7 Z06 though them and are satisfied with the service I get from them, but if the RHD sells in any numbers I can see that more Corvette dealers will be needed particularly in the Midlands and the north of England.
Whist I think that they will sell more Vettes this time I think the UK will not be the main market for the rhd model. Australia and Japan will sell more in my opinion although like the UK ,GM has recently pulled the Holden brand so now has no representation in Australia.
A lot of enthusiast owners like myself do not like the idea of a rhd Corvette, many of us think that lhd is part of the appeal of Corvette ownership.
Whilst Ford has sold a lot of Mustangs in the UK since they started selling them in rhd this side of the pond, they have a nationwide network of dealers and they are in a lower price range.
While no doubt Corvette will sell better this time round ,they will have an uphill battle establishing a dealer /servicing network and also the price over here puts them in direct completion with the 911 etc.
We shall see........
I should add that the C8 in the Car Wow clip is not for sale with the official Corvette dealer ,it is an independent importer, trying it on with a huge mark up to try and tempt some sucker to be the first C8 owner in the UK.
The official UK price will be £81,000 ( approx $104,000) for the coupe, . but that is for a 2lt and Z51 package included.

Last edited by brit z06; 10-14-2020 at 05:59 AM. Reason: addition
Old 10-14-2020, 01:31 PM
New car dude
Drifting

Originally Posted by brit z06
This will be the third time that GM has had an attempt at selling the Corvette in the UK.
The first time during the C5 generation they were sold though selected Vauxhall Dealers . Because they were Left hand drive this was always going to limit sales.
The second time during the C6 generation a deal was done with Stratstone , a nationwide multi franchise dealer. Probably a hundred or so were sold before the plug was pulled again.
Alongside this arrangement there was a big independent dealership in Manchester selling the American GM range in the north of England but they went into liquidation during the C6 time.
The difference this time is that GM has since sold the Vauxhall brand to Peugeot, and now longer sells any GM cars in the UK ( apart from Corvette ).
This time the UK will get the Corvette in RHD ,but at the moment we only have one official dealer in the UK .
It is in the South, 20 miles from London and is a small village garage with a showroom that holds three cars . Along side Corvette ,Dodge, Cadillac and Ram they also sell

I bought my C7 Z06 though them and are satisfied with the service I get from them, but if the RHD sells in any numbers I can see that more Corvette dealers will be needed particularly in the Midlands and the north of England.
Whist I think that they will sell more Vettes this time I think the UK will not be the main market for the rhd model. Australia and Japan will sell more in my opinion although like the UK ,GM has recently pulled the Holden brand so now has no representation in Australia.
A lot of enthusiast owners like myself do not like the idea of a rhd Corvette, many of us think that lhd is part of the appeal of Corvette ownership.
Whilst Ford has sold a lot of Mustangs in the UK since they started selling them in rhd this side of the pond, they have a nationwide network of dealers and they are in a lower price range.
While no doubt Corvette will sell better this time round ,they will have an uphill battle establishing a dealer /servicing network and also the price over here puts them in direct completion with the 911 etc.
We shall see........
I should add that the C8 in the Car Wow clip is not for sale with the official Corvette dealer ,it is an independent importer, trying it on with a huge mark up to try and tempt some sucker to be the first C8 owner in the UK.
The official UK price will be £81,000 ( approx $104,000) for the coupe, . but that is for a 2lt and Z51 package included.
GM has actually NEVER attempted to sell anything but the C7 outside of US borders. The C8 from the beginning was designed as a world car. Until GM announces anything different the plan still stands, as was discussed in autoline daily by Tadge Juechter himself chief engineer. The C8 and its variants will most likely be very successful in UK, as was Hyundai for small cars. GM owned Vauxhall and Opel as well. GM knows Europe better than most companies, and they definitely wont produce anything there, but import and sales is a no brainer for ANY VEHICLE. GM fully intends on capturing the European market with EVs and has publicly said so. Whether this is fully produced vehicles or parts is unknown, but EVERYBODY IS LINING UP FOR GMs platform.
Old 10-14-2020, 02:49 PM
thill444
Le Mans Master

Received 4,100 Likes on 2,003 Posts

Originally Posted by brit z06

We shall see........
First of all thanks for sharing your experiences as someone who actually lives in the UK and is a Corvette enthusiast and understands the market. I don't think people here in the US understand the dealer network (or lack thereof) and even more than that, the lack of certified Corvette techs if you do have a major issue.
Old 10-14-2020, 04:13 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,669 Likes on 8,312 Posts

OK, NCD is "calling it" Anyone who has spent a few days reading here over the last several months knows exactly what that means . . . absolutely nothing!
The following 3 users liked this post by Foosh:
OnPoint (10-14-2020), sprayer (10-14-2020), VETTE-NV (10-15-2020)
Old 10-14-2020, 06:25 PM
New car dude
Drifting

Originally Posted by Foosh
OK, NCD is "calling it" Anyone who has spent a few days reading here over the last several months knows exactly what that means . . . absolutely nothing!
Check out my post before the C8 went viral right after the presentation. Its more than spot on. GM built the car as a WORLD CAR. The disruptions of production and global events were never forseen, but this definitely isnt a C7 sales model at all. I predict that THE BASE MODEL will become one of the biggest selling sports cars whereever it is sold period, unless it is limited in quantity. The EU just won their tariff case against the US,and that could play a significant role for the C8.
Old 10-14-2020, 08:02 PM
gthal
Safety Car

Received 1,170 Likes on 486 Posts

You do realize we are talking about the GM that plans to dominate the European marketplace with EVs in the next 10 years? They can easily establish dealers and networks in the blink of a eye, IF THEY CHOOSE TO DO SO. This is one of the largest COMPANIES on this planet. Their plans to invade Europe with charging stations and cars is already underway. Every car company wants onboard with GMs SKATEBOARD chassis EV tech. Its the ONLY company to offer this fully integrated sytem that allows others to use their own construction of the final product. GM has already secured EV battery future tech more than ANY other company. GM can do anything the law allows them to do.

GM can plan to "dominate the European marketplace with EVs" all it wants but that doesn't mean it will happen.

GM is 7th in revenue globally for auto manufacturers just as an FYI (in 2019 anyway) so they aren't actually even dominating anywhere at the moment. They are also far less profitable than many large manufacturers.

https://www.investopedia.com/article...2016-tm-gm.asp

Also, they can not establish a large dealer network in a "blink of an eye". It doesn't work like that and it isn't as easy as you might like it to be. And, in the EV space, Tesla sales absolutely dwarf GM's (GM isn't even in the top 10) and they are far more agile and innovative. GM is playing catch up and will continue to play catch up for some time... if they ever can catch up.

Considering GM doesn't lead the pack in pretty much any category, your prediction of world domination is a bit... well... far fetched

You seriously need to put down the koolaid filled crack pipe. You prove time and again that you actually don't really know what you are talking about.

Last edited by gthal; 10-14-2020 at 08:27 PM.
Old 10-14-2020, 08:20 PM
Aozora
Burning Brakes

Received 865 Likes on 365 Posts

This guy is getting absolutely shredded in the comments section. Glad we aren’t the only ones who see the tomfoolery.
Old 10-14-2020, 09:23 PM
Wyldfyer
Pro

Received 500 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by 19/C7Z
I get it. You found a couple complaints about Ferrari. Who gives a crap? I'm not buying a Ferrari. I'm buying a C8 Z06. Keep showing a glove box misaligned vs two fixed panels we have seen dozens of misaligned stitch in the C8. Or the paint flaking off in corners of fascia and rear bumpers. Those are the things I am not buying into. I'm tired of it.

Go drive a BMW or porsche for 100k and see what those panels and paint and interiors are like. When chevy wants to charge that money they need to step up the little (yet very) obvious things.

Offer contrasting stitching?

Make sure it lines up.
The interior of my C8 is perfect. There's always going to be poor examples to complain about...doubt that's a majority though.
Old 10-14-2020, 09:47 PM
New car dude
Drifting

Originally Posted by gthal

GM can plan to "dominate the European marketplace with EVs" all it wants but that doesn't mean it will happen.

GM is 7th in revenue globally for auto manufacturers just as an FYI (in 2019 anyway) so they aren't actually even dominating anywhere at the moment. They are also far less profitable than many large manufacturers.

https://www.investopedia.com/article...2016-tm-gm.asp

Also, they can not establish a large dealer network in a "blink of an eye". It doesn't work like that and it isn't as easy as you might like it to be. And, in the EV space, Tesla sales absolutely dwarf GM's (GM isn't even in the top 10) and they are far more agile and innovative. GM is playing catch up and will continue to play catch up for some time... if they ever can catch up.

Considering GM doesn't lead the pack in pretty much any category, your prediction of world domination is a bit... well... far fetched

You seriously need to put down the koolaid filled crack pipe. You prove time and again that you actually don't really know what you are talking about.
Your infatuaion with drugs has led you astray again. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automotive_industry We are discussing the company that pretty much is the largest presence of western automotive technology in China.

Get notified of new replies

To Carwow C8 Review :see how quick it is 0-60 and the shocking UK price!

Old 10-14-2020, 09:51 PM
gthal
Safety Car

Received 1,170 Likes on 486 Posts

Your infatuaion with drugs has led you astray again. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automotive_industry We are discussing the company that pretty much is the largest presence of western automotive technology in China.

I thought we were talking about EV's in Europe

Oh well... you didn't really respond to anything I said but that's OK. Your unwavering enthusiasm (even if inaccurate) for all things GM is funny. You can just keep spewing silliness... carry on...

Last edited by gthal; 10-14-2020 at 09:57 PM.
Old 10-14-2020, 09:55 PM
JKU007FL
Racer

Received 361 Likes on 173 Posts

I just watched the whole video and it was quite positive. Every reviewer WILL find something to complaint about.

Want to see the quality control of a $350K+ McLaren 720S? Forward to 6:10 on video

Old 10-14-2020, 10:01 PM
23/C8Z
Race Director

Received 5,768 Likes on 3,180 Posts

Originally Posted by Zaro Tundov

The stitching misalignment is unacceptable to me. If GM can’t achieve the manufacturing precision required to align contrast stitching then GM Design Studio shouldn’t use it as a design element. Know your limitations and work around them.
That's the truth. Car is great. It can be better. Certain obvious things are just mind blowing. Paint bubbling at intersections and stitching that looks like Mr Magoo lined up. Yeah. I expect those two in your face things addressed.
Originally Posted by gthal

I thought we were talking about EV's in Europe
that was funny.

Last edited by 23/C8Z; 10-14-2020 at 10:01 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by 23/C8Z:
AussieTrackrat (10-14-2020), BEAR-AvHistory (10-15-2020)

Quick Reply: Carwow C8 Review :see how quick it is 0-60 and the shocking UK price!