Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tell Us Your Apex of Performance, Win Yokohama's ADVAN Apex Tires!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2020, 12:18 AM
CBH1969
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New C6 owner

Originally Posted by IB Jason

If there's one thing 2020 can't stop, it's hitting the road. Or the track. Or both! We're teaming up with our friends at Yokohama for your chance to win a free set of their Y-rated ultra-high performance tire, ADVAN Apex™ V601.

To enter, we want to hear about your Apex of performance this summer. Whether you're currently rocking Yokohamas or not, share a photo of your car - all Corvette models are welcome - and tell us about your best track experience, road trip, or drive during these socially distanced times. But act fast, we're only accepting entries until September 8!

You can learn more about Yokohama's new ADVAN Apex™ tires on the official website. Full contest rules can be found in the PDF attached below. Good luck and we can't to hear about your summer adventures!
New owner of C6. Loving it more than I thought!
Old 09-05-2020, 01:39 AM
jetning
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

No track day, no road trip story to talk about. But my daily drive Monday to Friday is more fulfilling. Being a hospice nurse, I get to visit patients who are in their last days. In comes Covid19, making an already challenging times for the family and the patients even more so. This yellow machine takes me to my destination, to do my job to comfort the sick and their family. I’ve met a few patients who are Corvette owners, that 5 minutes of conversation made them feel alive and normal, even for a brief moment.

Getting ready for work

Two safety devices. Two different stories.

Last edited by jetning; 09-06-2020 at 12:54 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by jetning:
chiraq_6.2 (05-09-2022), trooper (09-26-2020)
Old 09-07-2020, 10:42 PM
bobby1999c5
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Contest

My car is a 2017 Grand Sport Collector's Edition, #485 and it is the perfect track car!

When you purchase a new Corvette, you get a Chevy subsidized driving school at Spring Mountain in Pahrump, Nevada. Having gone to several owner's schools, I decided to step it up and attend the Level 1 and Level 2 schools and that built up my confidence to know how to handle these cars so much so that I finally became a member of a local racetrack(Eagles's Canyon) instead of going to a few open track days per year. A perfect day for me is heading out to the track, having great camaraderie with fellow drivers, and letting all of the cares of the world slip away. Driving and talking cars is one of the few things that makes me forget about the stresses of life - nothing like being on the track, learning from others, and finding a new line to decrease your lap times or passing another car or driver that was once faster. Below is a picture of the car.
The following users liked this post:
whitesmokels1 (09-08-2020)
Old 09-08-2020, 03:32 PM
whitesmokels1
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bobby1999c5
My car is a 2017 Grand Sport Collector's Edition, #485 and it is the perfect track car!

When you purchase a new Corvette, you get a Chevy subsidized driving school at Spring Mountain in Pahrump, Nevada. Having gone to several owner's schools, I decided to step it up and attend the Level 1 and Level 2 schools and that built up my confidence to know how to handle these cars so much so that I finally became a member of a local racetrack(Eagles's Canyon) instead of going to a few open track days per year. A perfect day for me is heading out to the track, having great camaraderie with fellow drivers, and letting all of the cares of the world slip away. Driving and talking cars is one of the few things that makes me forget about the stresses of life - nothing like being on the track, learning from others, and finding a new line to decrease your lap times or passing another car or driver that was once faster. Below is a picture of the car.
Eagle’s canyon is a great track! I used to attend some of their open track days when I lived in Greenville,TX.
Old 09-25-2020, 12:25 PM
Laptime22
Instructor

Received 85 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by IB Jason

If there's one thing 2020 can't stop, it's hitting the road. Or the track. Or both! We're teaming up with our friends at Yokohama for your chance to win a free set of their Y-rated ultra-high performance tire, ADVAN Apex™ V601.

To enter, we want to hear about your Apex of performance this summer. Whether you're currently rocking Yokohamas or not, share a photo of your car - all Corvette models are welcome - and tell us about your best track experience, road trip, or drive during these socially distanced times. But act fast, we're only accepting entries until September 8!

You can learn more about Yokohama's new ADVAN Apex™ tires on the official website. Full contest rules can be found in the PDF attached below. Good luck and we can't to hear about your summer adventures!

Can you please make this tire in a 305/30/19 and 325/30/19 for a 2021 Camaro ZL1 1LE. It would be a great tire for Time Trials.

Quick Reply: Tell Us Your Apex of Performance, Win Yokohama's ADVAN Apex Tires!