Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Base Model Purchase? GM Employee or Supplier Discounts?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2020, 04:50 PM
80sRule
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Base Model Purchase? GM Employee or Supplier Discounts?

Hi!

I used to have an 87 Corvette Convertible in Medium Brown Metallic. I sold that 9 years ago. I have an 07 Jaguar XKR Coupe that is my daily driver 10 months a year for a slightly more luxurious ride, and I have a 2011 Jetta TDI Sportwagen as a winter car and a car with larger cargo capacity. So the Corvette would be purely a fun toy, and actually my first new car purchase in life. I don't need to finance, but will in order to get a better deal if thats a thing with a new car. I'm willing to do a little road trip to buy it if needed, but it sounds like Les Stanford in E MI might be one of the ways to go.

I'm interested in the C8, but honestly looking at options, I think I might be very happy with just the base model, I really only wanted to add the battery protection package for $100 and pick my color (new sparkle dookie brown) and such. I'm an employee of a T1 Supplier to GM and my half-brother is an executive at GM. So has anyone bought base car and can they share opinions? Has anyone used a discount or is that going to be another model year off before they start doing that like the 6+ months before they accepted it on C7s?
Old 08-10-2020, 05:02 PM
mracer14
Drifting

Received 249 Likes on 104 Posts

No employee discounts yet.
Old 08-10-2020, 05:26 PM
BGZQ8
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mracer14
No employee discounts yet.

What about supplier ?
Old 08-10-2020, 05:35 PM
50MileSmile
Burning Brakes

Received 213 Likes on 97 Posts

Supplier is excluded - and likely will be for at least another year. Some dealers have filled their allotment of 2021s and are now taking orders for 2022s.
Old 08-10-2020, 05:49 PM
Bob Paris
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,368 Likes on 1,061 Posts

Originally Posted by 80sRule
Hi!

I used to have an 87 Corvette Convertible in Medium Brown Metallic. I sold that 9 years ago. I have an 07 Jaguar XKR Coupe that is my daily driver 10 months a year for a slightly more luxurious ride, and I have a 2011 Jetta TDI Sportwagen as a winter car and a car with larger cargo capacity. So the Corvette would be purely a fun toy, and actually my first new car purchase in life. I don't need to finance, but will in order to get a better deal if thats a thing with a new car. I'm willing to do a little road trip to buy it if needed, but it sounds like Les Stanford in E MI might be one of the ways to go.

I'm interested in the C8, but honestly looking at options, I think I might be very happy with just the base model, I really only wanted to add the battery protection package for $100 and pick my color (new sparkle dookie brown) and such. I'm an employee of a T1 Supplier to GM and my half-brother is an executive at GM. So has anyone bought base car and can they share opinions? Has anyone used a discount or is that going to be another model year off before they start doing that like the 6+ months before they accepted it on C7s?
#1 - GM has excluded Corvette from supplier discounts at this time since they can't keep up with demand from retail buyers. Since your half-brother is a GM executive, you might ask him about such things.
#2 - You are obviously cost-conscious so instead of paying $100 for the battery protection package, why not buy the same Ctek maintainer, without the Corvette logo, for about half the price? That's what I and many others did.

Last edited by Bob Paris; 08-10-2020 at 05:50 PM.
Old 08-10-2020, 07:12 PM
Cassandra Fox
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Paris
#1 - GM has excluded Corvette from supplier discounts at this time since they can't keep up with demand from retail buyers. Since your half-brother is a GM executive, you might ask him about such things.
#2 - You are obviously cost-conscious so instead of paying $100 for the battery protection package, why not buy the same Ctek maintainer, without the Corvette logo, for about half the price? That's what I and many others did.
Honestly i was under the impression they may have mounted it nicely or done more than sell a ctek with a logo in a box lol. Yeah I've got several battery maintainers so i guess i could skip it. I just don't care to have carbon fiber accents, different trim colors, etc. I actually like the base car, and don't feel the additional options, outside of say Z51, would proportionately increase my enjoyment of the car.

Really i figured if i could get some discount, i might pony up for Z51. I'm in no rush so I'll check further with my brother.

Thank you all for feedback so far! I'm curious if there are any base buyers on here too.
Old 08-11-2020, 08:09 AM
mracer14
Drifting

Received 249 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by BGZQ8
What about supplier ?
No discounts .
Old 08-11-2020, 08:28 AM
BaltimoreC5
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

You can always check out the gmfamilyfirst.com site for all the latest updates to employee pricing

Get notified of new replies

To Base Model Purchase? GM Employee or Supplier Discounts?

Quick Reply: Base Model Purchase? GM Employee or Supplier Discounts?