Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coolest thing about new C8?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2020, 12:17 AM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,009 Likes on 2,890 Posts

I'd say "the coolest thing about the new C8," is.......it's a 100% completely new car.
Old 07-08-2020, 12:30 AM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe
I'd say "the coolest thing about the new C8," is.......it's a 100% completely new car.
not quite 100%, the rear targa top latch is a carryover from the C7.
Old 07-08-2020, 12:40 PM
Second Vette
Drifting

Received 642 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by themonk
not quite 100%, the rear targa top latch is a carryover from the C7.
No carryovers if you are getting the HTC.
The following users liked this post:
Skid Row Joe (07-08-2020)
Old 07-08-2020, 05:20 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,009 Likes on 2,890 Posts

Originally Posted by Second Vette
No carryovers if you are getting the HTC.
The HTC would be a "must have!"
Old 07-15-2020, 07:35 PM
Dan Parker '96
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Coolest thing has got to be the "Dumbo" ears on the doors. It's one-of-a-kind styling that only the designer of the Aztek could pull off. This feature is a real thumb in the eye to those "exotic" marques whose designs don't include huge ear-like appendages on the door. Notice the black trim which hides a bit of the ear's heft. Because a whole body colored door-ear would just be rubbing this design feature right in the other guy's faces. I'm sure the designers of the McLaren GT, with it's "This is what the C8 should have looked like" attitude, are seriously regretting not including some type of door protrusion with superior dry wall puncturing capability.

I am at a loss as to why this Corvette exclusive styling cue is not more heavily featured in the advertising photography. It's definitely the neatest thing since the C4 clamshell hood (which is cool, so that's saying something). Sadly, I won't soon be purchasing a C8 due to my fear of opening the door and accidentally skewering the head of my younger nieces and nephews. Perhaps when they get taller.

Anyway, I'll start the trend with a couple of "Dumbo" ear shots. They're tough to find at the moment (I had to snag these from a Chevy commercial), but I'm sure the "check out my door ears" movement will become a craze shortly.

Last edited by Dan Parker '96; 07-16-2020 at 03:36 PM.
Old 07-15-2020, 08:20 PM
Anthony Chan
Instructor

Received 185 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Parker '96
Coolest thing has got to be the "Dumbo" ears on the doors. It's one-of-a-kind styling that only the designer of the Aztek could pull off. This feature is a real thumb in the eye to those "exotic" marques whose designs don't include huge ear-like appendages on the door with black trim just to tone it down a bit. Because a whole body colored door-ear would just be rubbing this design feature right in the other guy's faces. I'm sure the designers of the McLaren GT, with it's "This is what the C8 should have looked like" attitude, are seriously regretting not including some type of door protrusion with superior dry wall puncturing capability.

I am at a loss as to why this Corvette exclusive styling cue is not more heavily featured in the advertising photography. Definitely the neatest thing since the C4 clamshell hood (which is cool, so that's saying something). Sadly, I won't soon be purchasing a C8 due to my fear of opening the door and accidentally skewering the head of my younger nieces and nephews. Perhaps when they get taller.

Anyway, I'll start the trend with a couple of "Dumbo" ear shots. They're tough to find at the moment (I had to snag these from a Chevy commercial), but I'm sure the "check out my door ears" movement will be a craze shortly.

😂 dumbo ears

Quick Reply: Coolest thing about new C8?