Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Months ago, I set my cutoff date at the 4th of July

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2020, 06:30 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Originally Posted by Builderrick
Updated: The Corvette concierge notified me yesterday that the car I ordered should be manufactured in late July or early August. Asked me to check back in two weeks for specific information.

To those that made the stupid comment about "can't afford it". Yep, that's the reason. Since I couldn't afford the base model with no options I decided to add over $ 20,000.00 in options so I REALLY couldn't afford it.

You low I.Q. morons are hilarious.
i didnt read the whole thread. Whatever the reasons they are your reasons.

i was just going to post up my drop dead date after placing a reservation in may of 2019 with one of the top four corvette dealers in the USA was now going to be labor day..

i get it...this is annoying after awhile. All except the most diehard enthusiasts can endure this slow water torture drip drip drip...lol

im kidding but this delay after delay is annoying. You have every right as a self respecting individual to cancel your order...

me? Ill hang. I really want this new corvette . My fourth new one..,what the hell...mines coming in august/september as I had a 4/27 to 5/31 tpw range since mid february when I went status 3000...we seem to be added 3 months to our previous tpw dates to get an approximate a new tow date estimate.

i have a roof off targa z51 450 hp manual c6 which is a cool ride till august/ september delivery....

best of luck to the original poster....

your money....your choice.

fwiw supposedly if you take delivery and drive the car a few months you could sell it for what you paid for it including the tax consequence...and maybe even make a few bucks....

some are racking in an extra 30 grand if money were actually a concern.

take care.

Last edited by JerriVette; 06-30-2020 at 06:35 AM.
Old 06-30-2020, 06:35 AM
C8Jake
Race Director

Received 5,416 Likes on 2,535 Posts

car should be made by early August
cut-off date > up in smoke

Last edited by C8Jake; 06-30-2020 at 06:43 AM.
Old 06-30-2020, 07:52 AM
IdRatherBGolfing
Drifting

Received 930 Likes on 492 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C8 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2921 C8 of the Year 2021 Modified Finalist

Updated: The Corvette concierge notified me yesterday that the car I ordered should be manufactured in late July or early August. Asked me to check back in two weeks for specific information.

To those that made the stupid comment about "can't afford it". Yep, that's the reason. Since I couldn't afford the base model with no options I decided to add over $ 20,000.00 in options so I REALLY couldn't afford it.

Did they give you a specific TPW? I believe if you inquire with the museum if it would be possible to order a photo album they would give you that information. Good to hear it won’t be long now.
Old 06-30-2020, 09:02 AM
Poorhousenext
Melting Slicks

Received 644 Likes on 331 Posts

Well at the least, Someone made the Decision, for you....LOL You signed a Contract when you ordered it. Also remember if You Live in a Glass House, Don't throw Rocks! Internet is a Glass House.

Post pictures of your C8, exterior & interior. It's always great to see how other optioned their C8s.
Old 06-30-2020, 12:17 PM
919cw313
Le Mans Master

Received 2,684 Likes on 1,408 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist

Updated: The Corvette concierge notified me yesterday that the car I ordered should be manufactured in late July or early August. Asked me to check back in two weeks for specific information...
What color and options? Where is your dealer? Since that's well after July 4, I'll take it. I assume your contract is for MSRP?
Old 06-30-2020, 12:20 PM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Received 4,116 Likes on 1,470 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

TRANSLATION: "Never mind!"

So, you made us go through all this drama for nothing? Or are you now worried about an early snow storm this year and still want to "cancel"?

Last edited by Sin City; 06-30-2020 at 12:22 PM.
The following users liked this post:
919cw313 (06-30-2020)
Old 06-30-2020, 01:00 PM
Builderrick
Race Director

Received 121 Likes on 49 Posts

Funny how stupid just oozes out of some of the posters in their responses here. There is no "never mind", there never was any "drama', no one made a decision for me, the glass house and stone B.S. had absolutely no correlation to what was being discussed (Giant WTF ? there), there is no "cut off date-up in smoke". I never stated I would cancel the order, I stated I would not take delivery if I did not have the car by the 4th of July. So I finally received some credible information and now know that I will not. So when it comes into the dealer I will go and check it out and see if I decide to change my mind and accept a car that late in the year. If I buy it, I by it. If I decide I won't buy it, I will get my deposit back and the dealer will happily sell it to someone else most likely within a day or so. And no I will not name the dealer or the details on the car. For those that asked me to trade something I have nothing to trade. (I didn't understand that one).
For those that think I can't afford it, believe what you want.
The following 2 users liked this post by Builderrick:
charliebrown2 (06-30-2020), Foosh (06-30-2020)
Old 06-30-2020, 01:08 PM
919cw313
Le Mans Master

Received 2,684 Likes on 1,408 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist

...If I buy it, I by it. If I decide I won't buy it, I will get my deposit back and the dealer will happily sell it to someone else most likely within a day or so. And no I will not name the dealer or the details on the car. For those that asked me to trade something I have nothing to trade. (I didn't understand that one).

Old 06-30-2020, 01:40 PM
Luker4153
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 919cw313
What color and options? Where is your dealer? Since that's well after July 4, I'll take it. I assume your contract is for MSRP?
If you don't like that one I have one coming at MSRP same time period
919cw313 (06-30-2020)
Old 06-30-2020, 02:37 PM
john91498
Melting Slicks

Received 809 Likes on 401 Posts

From Concierge:Corvette Concierge <corvetteconcierge@chevrolet.com>
To:John W

Tue, Jun 30 at 9:04 AM
Hi John,

Thank you for contacting the Chevrolet Corvette Concierge regarding your 2020 Chevrolet Corvette in Torch Red! We saw that you emailed us expressing interest in an order update and would be happy to assist.

I have located your order and can see that your vehicle is at the Event Description 3000-Accepted by Production Control. I am unable to see any Target Production Weeks for orders with a status of 3000 right now. We expect each order to be assigned a more accurate Target Production Week once it reaches 3300-Scheduled for Production. We recommend that you reach back out in 3 to 4 weeks for an update. It is unlikely that we will have any new information before then.

If you have any further questions, please reach back out to us by replying directly to this message. We are available by email Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., Eastern Standard Time. Have a great day!

Thank you,

Chevrolet Corvette Concierge

General Motors | Customer Experience

100 Renaissance Center | Detroit, MI 48265

First they told me to e-mail in 2 weeks, now it's another 4 weeks. Being kept in the dark suxs...
Old 06-30-2020, 03:05 PM
Poorhousenext
Melting Slicks

Received 644 Likes on 331 Posts

Funny how stupid just oozes out of some of the posters in their responses here. There is no "never mind", there never was any "drama', no one made a decision for me, the glass house and stone B.S. had absolutely no correlation to what was being discussed (Giant WTF ? there), there is no "cut off date-up in smoke". I never stated I would cancel the order, I stated I would not take delivery if I did not have the car by the 4th of July. So I finally received some credible information and now know that I will not. So when it comes into the dealer I will go and check it out and see if I decide to change my mind and accept a car that late in the year. If I buy it, I by it. If I decide I won't buy it, I will get my deposit back and the dealer will happily sell it to someone else most likely within a day or so. And no I will not name the dealer or the details on the car. For those that asked me to trade something I have nothing to trade. (I didn't understand that one).
For those that think I can't afford it, believe what you want.
Dang, I must have misread your post.
Sorry I didn't know you only wanted to tell Forum Members you were going to make a Decision by July the 4th about your C8, an that you didn't expect comments about your post.
Old 06-30-2020, 07:19 PM
charliebrown2
Racer

Received 252 Likes on 118 Posts

It is frustrating. I am too old for these roller coaster rides. A couple of weeks back the factory was running Long Beach Red. I thought for sure it would be in that run as there were others that had their orders accepted after mine state their car was made.

My dealer told me he had 90 sold 2020's. I ordered in August and was told I was in their first allocation. Also told they have received 3 so far and mine was actually #4 paperwork wise so should be next. I was actually excited about a month ago when I heard all of that.

Recently reading here that others moving from 3000 status at this point expect their cars in August or September is just another downhill ride on the roller coaster. .
This is pure speculation but I believe customers that ordered it through the Museum get to get build first. However, I understand your position, go test drive other brands that you have an itch for and get one that you also would enjoy. Life’s short to waste on waiting for one particular car.

Best.

Originally Posted by mschuyler
So you set a self-imposed, arbitrary deadline and by God, you're sticking to it! That tells me you sort of figured there might be delays. So why are you telling us? For sympathy? Mine ran out. Do what you want. Nobody cares.
wow, what a jack@ss you surely are amigo. It’s ok, you’ll be seeing the reaper too. lol 😂

Originally Posted by AORoads
I frankly don't know why the OP's opinion is so wrong. It's his to make, including his logic. We all have timelines galore in our daily lives that we set, or have to meet, etc. Don't see why buying a car's any different.
it seems to me there are a lot of Jerks here. Sad, losers that are not happy with their shortcomings so they like to belittle others for their opinions and views that have nothing to do with them. It must be exhausting to be them. lol 😂

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 07-01-2020 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Merged Posts-Please use the Multi-Quote button to bundle responses in one reply!
Old 06-30-2020, 08:16 PM
Deadrise
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I canceled mine as well today, just tired of the game and being put off by the 2 more weeks game. Was told by the concierer and my dealer during it would be built 2 weeks after start up. That has long been gone. I call every 2 weeks and get the same BS... Msg me if you want a torch red 2lt some time? I am done waiting,
charliebrown2 (06-30-2020)
Old 06-30-2020, 09:04 PM
robertbruce
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,222 Likes on 1,580 Posts

Easy does it or get put in the corner.
Old 06-30-2020, 09:43 PM
Mike S
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

My original TPW was 3/30. Yesterday Corvette Concierge says my new TPW is 7/20. If you are at 3000, you are close to a production date. Reconsider, maybe?
Old 06-30-2020, 09:55 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,124 Likes on 6,194 Posts

Originally Posted by charliebrown2
This is pure speculation but I believe customers that ordered it through the Museum get to get build first. However, I understand your position, go test drive other brands that you have an itch for and get one that you also would enjoy. Life’s short to waste on waiting for one particular car.

Best.
Totally incorrect. First of all, one does not "order it through the Museum". You order the car through a dealer and specify option R8C (NCM Delivery). The order goes through the exact same allocation/order acceptance process and any other order.
Old 06-30-2020, 11:02 PM
charliebrown2
Racer

Received 252 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
Totally incorrect. First of all, one does not "order it through the Museum". You order the car through a dealer and specify option R8C (NCM Delivery). The order goes through the exact same allocation/order acceptance process and any other order.
Wrong many examples of people with the NCM delivery that got their status 3000 1-2 months after others and they got their TPW.

Get notified of new replies

To Months ago, I set my cutoff date at the 4th of July

Old 06-30-2020, 11:33 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,124 Likes on 6,194 Posts

Originally Posted by charliebrown2
Wrong many examples of people with the NCM delivery that got their status 3000 1-2 months after others and they got their TPW.
The NCM has access to TPW information long before it is available from other sources (dealers, concierge, etc.). They have to have it because they have to schedule not only NCM deliveries but also Build Photo Albums and the capacity to do those is limited. I assure you that an order with NCM delivery (option R8C) still has to go through the same allocation/order acceptance at the dealership it is ordered from just like any other order. My order was accepted (went to 3000) in February (deposit in Aug 19 at 2nd largest Corvette dealer). I originally had a TPW of 5/18. Now it is 8/3. I'm not getting my car any sooner because of my NCM delivery. I have many years of experience with the GM order process and this will be my second NCM delivery. What you are suggesting just isn't correct.
RapidC84B (07-01-2020)
Old 07-01-2020, 08:34 AM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,669 Likes on 8,312 Posts

Zymurgy is correct. Museum delivery cars DO NOT get prioritized over other builds. However, they do tend to be delivered a bit quicker because the delivery trip from the plant is only 1 mile, and it's generally easier to get them on a load with multiple cars going to the same place. Any truck going anywhere can drop cars off at the museum on the way to points beyond.

Last edited by Foosh; 07-01-2020 at 08:36 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Foosh:
RapidC84B (07-01-2020), Zymurgy (07-01-2020)
Old 08-01-2020, 04:20 PM
Builderrick
Race Director

Received 121 Likes on 49 Posts

Well, to close this thread out it came in to the dealer last night and the wife and I went out to take a look.

Yes, I drove it home.

Quick Reply: Months ago, I set my cutoff date at the 4th of July