Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C8 vs. Ferrari

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2020, 08:41 PM
ShadyVette
Racer

Received 191 Likes on 121 Posts

I’m new to Vettes with my first C7 and whenever I stop folks stop to compliment the car or jokingly ask to race and the weather isn’t even nice out yet. And a couple times pics were taken.

Originally Posted by ZoratZ06
It’s a product of being new. How many people crowd around C7Z51’s nowadays? There were crowds when the Supra first came out. The S2000 had big crowds as well...

It all fades esp. when 50,000 of them will be roaming the streets by 4th quarter 2021. Enjoy it if you’re in to that kind of thing...cause it’ll be pretty ordinary soon...Congrats on the car!!
Old 05-13-2020, 10:14 PM
nyca
Racer

Received 320 Likes on 139 Posts

Apparently this is the new "entry level" mid-engine Ferrari. V6 turbo, listen to how different it sounds:

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/05/13/...#slide-2212812
Old 05-14-2020, 02:17 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,646 Likes on 6,645 Posts

Originally Posted by ShadyVette
I’m new to Vettes with my first C7 and whenever I stop folks stop to compliment the car or jokingly ask to race and the weather isn’t even nice out yet......
Reminded of a friend when I was a teenager who, when someone would pull up to us at a red light and say or look like they wanted to race, he'd rev the engine as if he would. Then when the light turned green and they took off with spinning tires, he'd make a turn! Made no difference that we needed to go straight - he'd turn for fun than circle around and we'd get where we were going!

Have had that happen to me with the Vette at a light and a kid with a jacked up 4 wheel drive diesel. Besides being stupid and I never would, also know some use propane injection and can produce a lot of power with diesels! Would not bet against a hopped up 4 Wheel Drive diesel truck!

Last edited by JerryU; 05-14-2020 at 02:25 AM.
Old 05-14-2020, 06:15 PM
BMadden
Safety Car

Received 1,838 Likes on 660 Posts

Originally Posted by C7ZO6
In my book anyone who is on the beautiful C8 section and talks how much better Ferrari is ( it’s not )
is a kiss *** p..... boy

so any one of you here taking crap on the corvette section about the vette are kiss asses, and you know you are deep down.

some of you only seen a Ferrari parked I have owned and driven them most of my life,
I am Proud corvette owner now.

Continue......
That was a highly intelligent post.
The following 2 users liked this post by BMadden:
Mr Triple Black (05-16-2020), NytmereZ (05-25-2020)
Old 05-16-2020, 12:01 AM
nunii
Pro

Received 82 Likes on 50 Posts

The following 2 users liked this post by nunii:
Mr Triple Black (05-16-2020), NFARVW (05-16-2020)
Old 05-24-2020, 08:48 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

I stumbled upon this video on YouTube:

I'm not convinced on the exterior styling, but the interior is off-the-charts beautiful....maybe Ferrari's best yet.
This is a GT FE car with a 3.9 V8 Turbo in it.

I know I'm dreaming (or delusional), however, I would LOVE to see a Corvette model that is something like this.
I believe there is a (niche?) market for it.
The following users liked this post:
Mr Triple Black (05-24-2020)
Old 05-24-2020, 11:58 PM
Mr Triple Black
Burning Brakes

Received 574 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by sunsalem
I stumbled upon this video on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSNDQlyT0a4

I'm not convinced on the exterior styling, but the interior is off-the-charts beautiful....maybe Ferrari's best yet.
This is a GT FE car with a 3.9 V8 Turbo in it.

I know I'm dreaming (or delusional), however, I would LOVE to see a Corvette model that is something like this.
I believe there is a (niche?) market for it.
I wouldn’t say Niche really. It’s more aimed against the other GT cars like the Bentley GT and Aston Martins, which all together sells quite a few cars.

Also, I love the Roma interior and I actually really like the exterior as well. Just looks like a super subtle, classy car, that’s got some pep. It’s not going to be a track warrior by any means but that’s not what it was made for.

Last edited by Mr Triple Black; 05-24-2020 at 11:59 PM.
Old 05-25-2020, 12:33 AM
nunii
Pro

Received 82 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by BMadden
That was a highly intelligent post.
haha .... the best intelligent post ever !
Old 05-25-2020, 12:58 AM
sunsalem
Race Director

Originally Posted by Mr Triple Black
I wouldn’t say Niche really. It’s more aimed against the other GT cars like the Bentley GT and Aston Martins, which all together sells quite a few cars.
I was thinking "niche" in terms of Corvettedom.
Guys are forever bitching about the cheap-looking Vette interior, why not put out a product that is similar to this Ferrari?
Of course, it would be minus the 200k price tag.

Also, I love the Roma interior and I actually really like the exterior as well. Just looks like a super subtle, classy car, that’s got some pep. It’s not going to be a track warrior by any means but that’s not what it was made for.
It seems to be a deliberate attempt to offer a CLASSIC Grand Turismo as part of their line-up.
I also noticed how QUIET the exhaust is; exactly what a person would want in a Grand Tourer.
Overall, it seems like just the car you would want while putting on 300 miles in a day.
Old 05-25-2020, 06:40 AM
zland
Drifting

Received 608 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by ChumpVette
Good for you. You have accepted how ugly the rear end is on the C8 and you automatically cut it off in your photo.
That is an unnecessary comment all too often done on the internet. It would be like you posting a photo of your girlfriend/wife being proud of how she looks and someone commenting you only pasted a photo of her face because her body wasn't good looking.
Old 05-25-2020, 08:46 AM
Mr Triple Black
Burning Brakes

Guys are forever bitching about the cheap-looking Vette interior, why not put out a product that is similar to this Ferrari?

It seems to be a deliberate attempt to offer a CLASSIC Grand Turismo as part of their line-up.
I also noticed how QUIET the exhaust is; exactly what a person would want in a Grand Tourer.
Overall, it seems like just the car you would want while putting on 300 miles in a day.
Oh, apologies that I misunderstood. I think GM is trying to do that as the interior gets significantly nicer from generation to generation. C5 was awful, C6 was okay, 4LT on the C6 was decent, 3LT on C7 was pretty good, and the C8 is even better. I certainly wouldn’t mind having a much nicer interior, like say bringing back the 4LT option but making it insanely nice. Just not sure GM feels they can sell it. Usually when I see cars for sale (C6/C7) they are 2LT models. If they can’t even Morr 3LTs maybe they feel there’s no real money to be made there. All just speculation on my end of course.

And as for the Roma that’s basically what I said. It reminds me of a Modern 550/575 before they started getting more crazy styling like the 599, F12, and 812. And don’t get me wrong I love those cars, but they’re far more aggressive looking. The Roma is just elegant. It might be my favorite design from them since leaving Pininfarina save for the LaFerrari. And as you said, that interior is just amazing.
Old 05-25-2020, 10:14 AM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

There are NO excuses in order for the C8 or the C7 interior. Take a look at most of the Ferrari interiors, they are weird, spartan, and generally suck.
The following users liked this post:
MaryAnnB (05-25-2020)
Old 05-25-2020, 10:24 AM
Mr Triple Black
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by punky
There are NO excuses in order for the C8 or the C7 interior. Take a look at most of the Ferrari interiors, they are weird, spartan, and generally suck.
We just have to agree to disagree. I love Ferrari’s spartan interiors. Much more than say the “wtf do all these buttons do” in Lambo interiors.

But to each their own.
Old 05-25-2020, 11:31 AM
sunsalem
Race Director

If they can’t even Morr 3LTs maybe they feel there’s no real money to be made there. All just speculation on my end of course.
Didn't know 3LTs are hard to move.
I have a 3LT and it is fine for my purposes, but not everyone agrees.
Maybe GM could hire a top shelf designer to do something like what Ferrari did?
It's the DESIGN of the Roma that sets it apart...

Old 05-25-2020, 11:44 AM
Mr Triple Black
Burning Brakes

Didn't know 3LTs are hard to move.
I have a 3LT and it is fine for my purposes, but not everyone agrees.
Maybe GM could hire a top shelf designer to do something like what Ferrari did?
It's the DESIGN of the Roma that sets it apart...
I didn’t mean hard to move, just less people care about the upgraded leather/alcantara so seems like less are sold. I had a 3LT then a 3LZ and personally wouldn’t go below that.

Yeah if GM hired a real art/stylist person that would be awesome.
Old 05-25-2020, 01:14 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

We just have to agree to disagree. I love Ferrari’s spartan interiors. Much more than say the “wtf do all these buttons do” in Lambo interiors.

But to each their own.
Exactly, it would be a very strange world if we all liked the same thing.
Old 05-25-2020, 03:50 PM
MaryAnnB
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by chubbs6350
You do realize everyone on here thinks you're the idiot right?
Why do you ruin every thread with your complete nonsense, this thread wasn't about performance at all and you come in with your "c8 makes everything obsolete"
Even on a corvette forum, where all of us have corvettes (except you), don't think the C8 looks better than the 458

​​​​​​So thank you, for ruining yet another thread
It would be great if you don't quote that child. All the topics I visit is filled to half with his garbage (that I don't see), and responses to those (that I have to see because forum is not blocking quotes).

It would have been great if the person just vanished from your view once you block him, for good (possible with VB5, perhaps mods should upgrade the software).

Get notified of new replies

To C8 vs. Ferrari

Old 05-25-2020, 04:14 PM
MaryAnnB
Racer

Originally Posted by Shaka
That rear is pretty cool. They didn't have to make the existing C8 a ricer. This just is not an elegant car any which way I look at it.

I guess the key is the round taillights instead of Aventador or Camaro taillights.

Last edited by MaryAnnB; 05-25-2020 at 04:15 PM.
Old 05-25-2020, 04:38 PM
MaryAnnB
Racer

Originally Posted by VETTE-NV
Apples and oranges, but GM never could and never would build a car like this. This is what the difference is for those who think it's all about 0-60 and sales numbers. I love my Vettes, but they will NEVER (caps just for you NCD) be a Ferrari. And there's nothing wrong with that. You can compare them as an exercise but in reality they are two completely different automotive experiences. Not every quarterback has the talent of Tom Brady.....that's just the way it is.

There's an exotic on my bucket list and I may just skip over the Z06 or ZR1 and into one of these......if I can even get one.

That is a very unproportional car. Just like those half cut half Mercedes SLS models.
Old 05-25-2020, 05:00 PM
MaryAnnB
Racer

Originally Posted by punky
I am not understanding what is the problem with C7/C8 interiors. Huracan had half of it plastic unless you want all out on it. 488/Portofino was not that special either. In fact, there ris some black plastic or some ugliness at the back when the top is down on Portofino. Just like 1940 camaros or mustangs. It does not blend with the body.

Quick Reply: C8 vs. Ferrari