Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Museum delivery

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2020, 04:11 PM
2turbocobra
Racer

Received 306 Likes on 133 Posts
Default Museum delivery

I really want to do this but....travel difficulties, flights, hotels, and sites being closed, and the lack of full r8c perks is making it rough.

is this option that hard to back out? can't they just change the delivery place a week before it ships or whatever? if you can't get out there you have to pay delivery (1095), r8c(1000), and shipping(2500ish to ca) to your new destination. so $4595 delivery.....vs $1500 ish for destination and courtesy delivery.

I am in California so I was going to fly in and take a week of it and drive it back. I was planning on this trip april to may, now its going to be july-august, which is really busy.

at this point who knows if i can get a flight there, the plant tour is closed, which was a big draw for me, who knows when it opens, same with the hot laps, I think they are closed also.
The following users liked this post:
Richard G. (03-21-2020)
Old 03-21-2020, 09:10 AM
Richard G.
Racer

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

The trip to get my first Corvette (94) was exciting and the 902 miles was easy. yes, it is more difficult. But laying in the motel room on the first night with the blinds open, keeping an eye on my Corvette, getting little sleep was a long lasting good memory. Will there be difficulties, yes. But the driving back, playing 60's music, the Mustang that wanted to race, the grin on my face-Priceless !
The following 2 users liked this post by Richard G.:
Race Prepared (03-21-2020), repo czar (03-21-2020)
Old 03-22-2020, 08:25 AM
Hitman227
Melting Slicks

Received 394 Likes on 347 Posts

I think it would be fun - hopefully can work it in around the uncertainty these days.. Although that might be one long drive!
Old 03-22-2020, 09:50 AM
Jeff Eikenberry
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 49 Posts

Due to Covid-19, I canceled my R8C, as my wife has a compromised immune system. Contracting Covid-19 is not a good thing.

Since my car was already sitting at the Museum, I couldn’t cancel the R8C. In addition, I am on the hook for freight to my home. I’m fine with all of this. It was my call.

Key is to make your decision prior to your car shipping to the Museum. Good luck!

Get notified of new replies

To Museum delivery

Quick Reply: Museum delivery