Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First outing with the boys!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2020, 06:01 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

The C8 makes its own mark by not being in the league of an Asian fake of something European. Good for GM. This car is very cool in its own unique way. There are many of us who do not want something that is trying to be confused with an Italian 2 seat mega dollar, look at me ride.
The following users liked this post:
CSEVEN (03-19-2020)
Old 03-19-2020, 06:04 PM
CorvettoBrando
Instructor

Received 172 Likes on 96 Posts
Default Truth

Originally Posted by Easy Rhino
Couldn't help it - I checked this troll's post history. He's a canker sore on the forums. If you're in need of a good laugh over the pathetic-ness (yeah, I made this word up, but he earned it), check out his slime trail with 90%+ of his posts. He's the definition of a hateful troll. What a gaper.

But OP, your car looks great!

Call me envious.
The forum's genital herpes is a more appropriate gloss for "Barbie".

OP, congratulations on a fabulous build!
CSEVEN (03-19-2020)
Old 03-19-2020, 11:18 PM
Geezer1
Racer

Received 269 Likes on 146 Posts

Wonderful configuration but I haven't seen a C8 yet that I didn't like a lot. Nice garage! Call it the Taj MaCorvette.

Maybe I'm paranoid after what happened to us over 20 years ago but I noticed what looks like extension springs for your garage door above where your C8 is parked.

We once had a garage door extension spring break with such force that it broke the safety cable running through it and then portions of the broken spring ricocheted around the garage doing a remarkable amount of damage. We were lucky that it happened during the day when our vehicles were not in the garage and really lucky that none of us were in the garage. Based on the deep gouges in our garage walls, the flying spring parts could have caused severe injury or worse. My wife pretty much freaked out over it.

I thought about replacing all the extension springs with torsion springs which is all that building codes here now allow on new construction but I cheaped out and replaced all the existing extension springs with higher quality extension springs and I installed multiple heavier duty safety cables inside all the new springs.

After that experience, I sure was glad that our current house already had torsion springs for the garage doors when we bought it.

I might not have noticed the extension springs if they weren't above that incredible car. The odds are that you will never have a problem with those door springs. And maybe the builder cheaped out on the original extension springs and safety cables when he built the house for us - he went bankrupt soon after that.

Old 03-19-2020, 11:27 PM
CSEVEN
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 642 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by Geezer1
Wonderful configuration but I haven't seen a C8 yet that I didn't like a lot. Nice garage! Call it the Taj MaCorvette.

Maybe I'm paranoid after what happened to us over 20 years ago but I noticed what looks like extension springs for your garage door above where your C8 is parked.

We once had a garage door extension spring break with such force that it broke the safety cable running through it and then portions of the broken spring ricocheted around the garage doing a remarkable amount of damage. We were lucky that it happened during the day when our vehicles were not in the garage and really lucky that none of us were in the garage. Based on the deep gouges in our garage walls, the flying spring parts could have caused severe injury or worse. My wife pretty much freaked out over it.

I thought about replacing all the extension springs with torsion springs which is all that building codes here now allow on new construction but I cheaped out and replaced all the existing extension springs with higher quality extension springs and I installed multiple heavier duty safety cables inside all the new springs.

After that experience, I sure was glad that our current house already had torsion springs for the garage doors when we bought it.

I might not have noticed the extension springs if they weren't above that incredible car. The odds are that you will never have a problem with those door springs. And maybe the builder cheaped out on the original extension springs and safety cables when he built the house for us - he went bankrupt soon after that.
I get my

garage doors serviced ever couple of years, but going to replace the track system on that side with a wall mount.

I have a new autostacker arriving in a couple week.
The following 3 users liked this post by CSEVEN:
C6Cya (03-20-2020), High Altitude Vette (03-20-2020), ShadyVette (03-19-2020)
Old 03-20-2020, 02:40 AM
VETTE-NV
16 Vettes and counting…..
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,145 Likes on 541 Posts

Beautiful ride! I had a set of BC Forged on my '17 GS and they were great wheels....beautifully finished and machined.
Old 03-20-2020, 05:33 AM
Millerrock
Pro

Received 241 Likes on 146 Posts

Congrats! Pics look great and the cars belongs there, I’m a huge vette fan but just don’t understand why they haven’t slammed the front of the car yet? They just seem to sit so high in the front. Great car don’t get me wrong, it’s just one thing that kills me on vette’s. Enjoy your prize brother!
Old 03-20-2020, 06:55 AM
meadowz06
Race Director

Received 960 Likes on 572 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09 and '13

Originally Posted by DannyMMM
Awesome. Although not the MVP, the C8 feels like it belongs in that team.
The C8 looks every BIT as good as the other cars. Period.
The following 2 users liked this post by meadowz06:
ArmchairArchitect (03-21-2020), progtp (03-20-2020)
Old 03-20-2020, 06:58 AM
meadowz06
Race Director

Received 960 Likes on 572 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09 and '13

Originally Posted by Millerrock
Congrats! Pics look great and the cars belongs there, I’m a huge vette fan but just don’t understand why they haven’t slammed the front of the car yet? They just seem to sit so high in the front. Great car don’t get me wrong, it’s just one thing that kills me on vette’s. Enjoy your prize brother!
Because some people have steep driveways, and it's a ROAD car. Not a race car. The C8 looks as good, if not better, than the other 2 cars.
Old 03-20-2020, 07:45 AM
High Altitude Vette
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Very nice, thanks for posting pics!
Old 03-20-2020, 08:55 AM
Zjoe6
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,941 Likes on 2,427 Posts

Looks awesome. One of the rare C8 pics where you don't have to say "but the rims....". Love the colors.
Old 03-20-2020, 10:05 AM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,207 Likes on 6,015 Posts

Pretty awesome to see. Car fits right in with the Bulls. Clearly GM designers drew more inspiration from Lambo than Ferrari with the lines and creases etc.
ArmchairArchitect (03-21-2020)
Old 03-20-2020, 11:36 AM
CSEVEN
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 642 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by meadowz06
Because some people have steep driveways, and it's a ROAD car. Not a race car. The C8 looks as good, if not better, than the other 2 cars.
i’m simply waiting on my spanner wrench to arrive from Amazon and plan on slamming the front about an inch.
progtp (03-20-2020)
Old 03-21-2020, 10:01 AM
MartyKC
Burning Brakes

Received 483 Likes on 289 Posts

SA-weeeet! I have a thing for the orange vettes. Beautiful color, and the black wheels look so good with that color.(As an aside I am a big fan of the new black wheels with the raw machined metal lip ring, it makes the wheels look rounder, and you can see the profile better)

It's really nice to see this, and a welcome distraction to the things going on the world. I live in Northern Climes, and its just now getting nice enough to drive my old C6 again. Roads finally washed of the layers of salt is the biggest thing..... (temperatures can be low, but the salt is a killer.).

CONGRATS! Enjoy the ride.

-MKC
Old 03-21-2020, 10:06 AM
gowenfast
Le Mans Master

Received 825 Likes on 431 Posts
Finalist 2022 C1 of the Year - Unmodified
2021 C1 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2020 C1 of the Year - Unmodified
2018 C1 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '21

Originally Posted by Yarbie
You can definitely tell which one is the $60k car. Nice wheels though.
Why's that?
Old 03-21-2020, 10:36 AM
SK '08
Burning Brakes

Received 89 Likes on 78 Posts

Love the orange , and black wheels too , congrats & enjoy !!

Quick Reply: First outing with the boys!