Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dislikes of the C8's, thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2020, 10:30 PM
RogerRamjet21
Pro

Received 217 Likes on 148 Posts

I like the looks and most of the features of the C8. When I started thinking about how I used my C6 and use my C7 a couple of things popped up that I don't like about the C8.
1) When my wife and I take a trip of a couple of hours or more, we usually put a cooler right behind us with water and/or snacks. No can do with the C8.
2) I am a competitive waterskier and when we go to tournaments, my ski goes in the back cargo area, not problem. It will not fit in either trunk in the C8.
3) The screen looks like it was tacked on to me and the button row is a little weird. Neither of those would stop me from buying one though.
4) Finally, pretty sure I couldn't enter or exit the vehicle in my garage as the scoops would prevent opening the door far enough. In the C7 (and the previous C6), I can open the door to the first stop and it nearly touches the wall. I can exit or enter this way. When I sat in a C8, I could not enter or exit at the first stop and I don't even know if the door would reach the first stop due to the extra width of the door.

Last edited by RogerRamjet21; 03-15-2020 at 10:31 PM.
Old 03-15-2020, 11:15 PM
flynbya2
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06

His gripes were as follows,and my thoughts next to them,fwiw.
1) steering wheel shape...Meh take it or leave it
2) Low spoiler design...definitely agree.Looks better than none on the car.Interested to see what carravagio may come up with.or the high wing
3) wheel designs... 100% agree as far as appearances. Aftermarket wheels are going to really set these cars apart from the stock versions
4) square exhaust tips and separation...not a real fan of the shape.it doesn't thrill me, but it's alright I guess.I can live with a separated set
5) Weight Well duh..who wouldn't want a 3k lb supercar. couple hundred off would be nice though. Not a deal breaker to me
6. Engine lighting. I think it would be a nice touch, not a deal breaker
Couple of mine:
7) Having a hard time with the cockpit button divider thingy. Since that's what it comes with I'll take one
8) Color choices. Not saying they are bad,just not thrilled with too many of them to be honest. I saw this non-metallic grey color with green pearl on a honda production car(kick me if you want) that I think would be absolutely sick on this car.

Having said all that.it's an amazing car. Not to mention the bang for the buck value

Last edited by flynbya2; 03-16-2020 at 01:25 AM.

Quick Reply: Dislikes of the C8's, thoughts?