Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

((( VIDEO ))) : How NOT to drive a C8 Corvette!!! WTF ???

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2020, 02:21 AM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

Originally Posted by Tarl
This seems like the group of "youtubers" that were doing reviews of the C8 in AZ last week. As an avid motorcyclist myself (I'm just speculating here on what occurred) but the C8 was probably talking and filming and wasn't really paying attention since many roads like this are pretty desolate in AZ. My guess, the bikers saw the C8 and wanted to quickly catch it to take a look. C8 driver was doing his talk/filming inside the car. He more than likely didn't see these bikes come up on him so fast (last he checked he was prob clear). He got to a part where he wanted to turn around (and still thinking nobody was around) slowed way down and then realized the bikers were there and he had a "oh ****" moment. C8 stayed in it's position, and the bikers took evasive. Just my 2cents. Regardless, glad nobody was hurt.
That's pretty much what it looked like to me.

For those who don't understand the capabilities of bikes, the best defense for a biker is NOT slamming on the brakes in an emergency.
Most bikes do not brake as well as a Corvette.

The BEST "defense" is to power and/or maneuver around a problem if possible (bikes can be more agile than cars).
Hammering the brakes on a bike can lead to a very nasty situation regarding control.

The following users liked this post:
LowRyter (02-19-2020)
Old 02-19-2020, 06:32 AM
ZeeOSix
Le Mans Master

Received 159 Likes on 93 Posts

^^^ Yep, anyone who rides motorcyles knows that going around an obsticle, like a moron stopped in the middle of a 2 lane road!, is better if it looks safe enough to do than emergency braking and trying to stop. It's easy to lose control of a bike in hard emergency braking situations if you're not an expert rider and/or don't have ABS like newer bikes have.

The C8 didn't do a complete syco emergency stop, but did hit the brakes pretty damn hard. By the time the bikes realized what he was doing (who would expect anyone to pull the bonehead manouver the C8 did), it didn't give them much time to react, so going around the STOPPED car was the right move. Screw "laws" about going over the double yellow or riding on the shoulder when you're making an evasive manuvior to prevent a crash. If I was in a car I'd probably serve around him too if I knew it was safe and trying to stopping in time was going to be cutting it too close.

If the C8 driver wasn't aware of 3 bikes behind him with headlights on, then that dude shouldn't have a driver's license. They were in his rear view mirrors for well enough time to be seen behind him.

Last edited by ZeeOSix; 02-19-2020 at 06:44 AM.
LowRyter (02-19-2020)
Old 02-19-2020, 08:24 AM
HooosierDaddy
Melting Slicks

Received 666 Likes on 275 Posts

Come on guys, don't you know that C8 lives matter? I mean they've been oppressed as a front engine car for so long. Everyone owes reparations in the form of permission to be a sh1tty drivers. This C8 driver is a clear indication of what's to come once they hit the road. I can't wait to see these people crashing leaving a cars and coffee event... look out mustang, you're about to be dethroned!

Anyone that watches that video and blames the riders, is a complete tool and scares me to think that you all are sharing the roads with the rest of humanity.

LowRyter (02-19-2020)
Old 02-19-2020, 08:39 AM
Phil1098
Race Director

Received 11,607 Likes on 4,638 Posts

I watched the video and my take is this. The C8 driver wasn't aware of his surroundings, maybe thought he was on an empty highway and didn't keep an eye on his mirrors. If he had seen the motorcyclists behind him, he should have waited for a turn off and signaled. I'm assuming the C8 had operational brake lights and since the bikes have brakes, they easily could have stopped. That is basing it on them being aware of their surroundings too. If no one was behind them at all, the chances of being run over for the 5 second stop is nill. Every time I went riding I practiced skills, most riders don't. With thousands of track miles, I would routinely brake hard with the rear tire several inches off the ground, there was no car that could stop faster. The fact there was distance and brake lights, was plenty of warning if they could actually ride, most can't. Just because they don't fall over doesn't make them a skilled rider. At the end of it both have some fault, the car had no reason to stop on a highway just to make a U turn, that was stupid. The bike riders had no reason to ride poorly other than lack of skill, good way to die.
The following 2 users liked this post by Phil1098:
CitznFish (02-19-2020), HooosierDaddy (02-19-2020)
Old 02-19-2020, 03:45 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,009 Likes on 2,890 Posts

C8 driver stopped in the middle of a through highway lane. Fact. Against the Law.

Motorcyclist passed stopped car on Right. Fact. Against the Law.

ALL the rest of your collective theories? ALL what ifs. Inadmissible.
Atari_Prime (02-19-2020)
Old 02-19-2020, 04:00 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe

Motorcyclist passed stopped car on Right. Fact. Against the Law.

I tend to think of it as more of an avoidance maneuver.
I've done it, and I've seen other bikers do it too.
In a emergency situation involving a car, there really isn't much time to think.
Your reaction is all about avoiding the shitstorm in front of you.
Because, like I said before, bikes just don't stop as well as cars.
The following 2 users liked this post by sunsalem:
HooosierDaddy (02-19-2020), LowRyter (02-19-2020)
Old 02-19-2020, 04:58 PM
CitznFish
Drifting

Received 1,354 Likes on 483 Posts

Originally Posted by themonk
I like your if's and buts....how's this one, if your aunt had ***** she'd be your uncle? Spin it any way you want, the driver was in the wrong according to traffic laws which I stated (still waiting for you to post ANYTHING stating what C8 meathead did was legal and or safe).

All I can say is us motorcycle riders look out for people like you two, people who think the roads are their own personal playground to do whatever the f'k they want despite the risks that you put other motorists in. I hope I never ride within 100 miles of either of you.
you sure make a lot of assumptions. I can't imagine what a miserable person you must be in real life. You are also still arguing over something that I never said. You completely misinterpreted my post and can't even admit you were wrong. So pathetic.

Last edited by CitznFish; 02-19-2020 at 04:59 PM.
Old 02-19-2020, 06:40 PM
Atari_Prime
Drifting

Received 555 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by sunsalem
In a emergency situation involving a car, there really isn't much time to think.
The bike had plenty of time to go to the left.
Skid Row Joe (02-19-2020)
Old 02-19-2020, 07:28 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,009 Likes on 2,890 Posts

Originally Posted by sunsalem
Passing on the right, 100% unlawful. Following too closely, whatever. Should have passed lawfully on the left.

Bikers may have been in pursuit of the C8, for whatever reason (s).

Originally Posted by Atari_Prime
Correct.
Old 02-19-2020, 08:26 PM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by CitznFish
you sure make a lot of assumptions. I can't imagine what a miserable person you must be in real life. You are also still arguing over something that I never said. You completely misinterpreted my post and can't even admit you were wrong. So pathetic.
Wrong???? Neither the driver of the C8 or you, because you seem to think he did nothing wrong, have absolutely not a sniff as how to drive. You are a threat on the road and are a danger to everyone sharing the road with you. Your license should be revoked and you should be forced to take public transportation for the rest of your life and leave the driving to the rest of us who know the rules.

Oh and nice back pedalling btw, you should keep practicing it because I foresee a bicycle in your future.
LowRyter (02-19-2020)
Old 02-19-2020, 08:29 PM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

well not really, there was a bike passing the car on the left and as all bikers know, you don't do anything unexpected. If the camera biked had jumped the left lane he may have very well spooked the other biker already in the left lane.

Just my observation.
The following 4 users liked this post by themonk:
HooosierDaddy (02-20-2020), LowRyter (02-19-2020), shiumai (02-19-2020), ZeeOSix (02-21-2020)
Old 02-20-2020, 02:55 PM
Red Mist Rulz
Race Director

Received 8,539 Likes on 4,274 Posts

Originally Posted by Demnos
Did you watch the video? He slowed down ... he didn't smash the brakes. Agree that he probably should have just put his blinker on and stopped completely instead of moving the car at all. Why is it when bikers are being unsafe that people in the cars get blamed? I am all for "freedom of the road" but if a biker wants to get themselves killed being unsafe then that is on them and no one else. There could very well be more to this video as others have said but it sure looks like the bikers are the ones that created the unsafe situation. Of course they probably did exactly what they wanted to do since we are all talking about it.
What f'ing evidence do you see the bikers were being unsafe? I see none, and own both a Corvette and a motorcycle. Stop being a moronic 'vette fanboy.
Old 02-20-2020, 02:59 PM
Red Mist Rulz
Race Director

Received 8,539 Likes on 4,274 Posts

Originally Posted by CitznFish
you, constantly trying to justify bad behavior by your biker bros.

1) there was absolutely no one behind them on that road. Stopping was safe. period.

2) They could have pulled off the road and let the car clear the area. But nooooo, biker bros can't just do that. better go over the double yellow line and take that risk instead!

Apparently with you, laws only apply to cars and not your biker bros.
Stopping in the middle of the road is always stupid, unless it's to avoid an accident. In this case, it almost caused an accident. Remind me not to drive anywhere with you. Geez, the idiocy is magnified on this forum. Seems all the fanboys just have to pretend a Corvette drive is next to God and can't do anything wrong.
Old 02-20-2020, 03:05 PM
Chuck A
Race Director

Received 138 Likes on 129 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Video been removed
very sad, indeed
wanted to see it
Old 02-20-2020, 07:10 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

And what can be found in the left hand lane of a 2-way road?
Old 02-20-2020, 08:14 PM
CitznFish
Drifting

Received 1,354 Likes on 483 Posts

Originally Posted by DSOMrulz
Stopping in the middle of the road is always stupid, unless it's to avoid an accident. In this case, it almost caused an accident. Remind me not to drive anywhere with you. Geez, the idiocy is magnified on this forum. Seems all the fanboys just have to pretend a Corvette drive is next to God and can't do anything wrong.
Hey sport..please point to where I said the Corvette was in the right, or safe.

P.S. I bolded the ironic part of your reply.
Old 02-20-2020, 09:19 PM
Corvette_Nut
Melting Slicks

Location: Hailing From The Mean Streets Of Irvine, California
Received 4,153 Likes on 1,314 Posts

For Those Who Missed The Clip.....

Save The Wave,
Corvette_Nut

Get notified of new replies

To ((( VIDEO ))) : How NOT to drive a C8 Corvette!!! WTF ???

Old 02-21-2020, 01:19 AM
Patriot10
Le Mans Master

Received 148 Likes on 99 Posts

My take, and I drive for a living and have emergency vehicle/pursuit/accident avoidance training

C8 driver was trying to get away from the bikers and could not. Decided to do what he/she did as a warning to the bikers to back off.
Old 02-21-2020, 02:53 AM
ZeeOSix
Le Mans Master

Received 159 Likes on 93 Posts

The bikes weren't even that close to the C8, no where even close to tailgating. Don't know why the C8 driver would think they were "out to get him" and he'd have to make a bonehead move like that. If he didn't like the bikes being behind him, all he would have to do is slow down a little and they would have passed him. C8 driver was just a dangerous moron on the road.

I wonder if he was turning around to go back to that car that was parked on the right shoulder that they all passed by earlier in the video.

Last edited by ZeeOSix; 02-21-2020 at 02:59 AM.
Old 02-21-2020, 11:08 AM
LowRyter
Melting Slicks

Received 377 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by Patriot10
My take, and I drive for a living and have emergency vehicle/pursuit/accident avoidance training

C8 driver was trying to get away from the bikers and could not. Decided to do what he/she did as a warning to the bikers to back off.
Perhaps a right hand signal to the shoulder and a wave around would've been what he/she should do as a "warning"?

Yes, signals. Sometimes used for accident avoidance.

Quick Reply: ((( VIDEO ))) : How NOT to drive a C8 Corvette!!! WTF ???