Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealership called with delivery date...

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2019, 11:04 PM
Walter Raulerson
Melting Slicks

Received 527 Likes on 355 Posts

How can ANY COLOR be on restraint? So they decide on the colors, talk to the manufacturer, order the paint and it's not available?

AMAZING
Old 12-11-2019, 11:09 PM
Walter Raulerson
Melting Slicks

NO CONSTRAINT ON FERRARI COLORS WHAT DO THEY OFFER RED, BLACK, YELLOW that's about it ain't it?
Old 12-11-2019, 11:14 PM
Walter Raulerson
Melting Slicks

We don't know if they are sold out or not just what GM says. When the cars are registered THEN we can find out just how many
were sold. Why would GM tell the public the car is sold out for a certain time? Some folks are going to just chuck it because they are tired of waiting.
Old 12-11-2019, 11:34 PM
Phil1098
Race Director

Received 11,607 Likes on 4,638 Posts

Originally Posted by ZZZorro
The next problem is the business of charging over MSRP - this seems to be getting very prevalent with all the manufacturers - Who again pull the Three Stooges routine pointing fingers at the dealers and dealers pointing fingers at the manufacturers - it truly is a joke.
There isn't one dealer that charges over MSRP and blames the manufacturer. Apparently you aren't focused on the acronym MSRP, the S is Suggested and that's what it means. If the market will bear more then it does. If a dealer has a car with a MSRP of $70,000 and he asks $80,000 for it, he isn't standing there with a gun. If a buyer walks up and says I really want that car I'll pay the $80,000, then there is a market for the car at that price. That's called a capitalist society, we make money for ourselves. It's the buyers that drive it, not the dealers, if a dealer asks $80,000 and nobody buys, he doesn't get the extra over MSRP.
Old 12-12-2019, 12:10 AM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,106 Likes on 6,184 Posts

Originally Posted by Walter Raulerson
How can ANY COLOR be on restraint? So they decide on the colors, talk to the manufacturer, order the paint and it's not available?

AMAZING
The color constraints were not typical constraints due to lack of supply. They were part of a deliberate production roll out/ramp up plan. There is conflicting information if that plan is still in place.
Old 12-12-2019, 01:10 AM
TSAGG
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

I’ve known more about every car I’ve owned than the salesmen I’ve worked with over the years. I’m not trying to show off either, but with a few weeks (or months) of research on the web and on YouTube in anticipation of a purchase will have you more educated on a vehicle than a typical salesman. I’m not shocked at all that the dealer in the subject of this thread had their information incorrect.

Quick Reply: Dealership called with delivery date...