Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Building/ordering C8 w/#2 dealers 2 allotments....

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2019, 02:03 PM
Demnos
Racer

Received 200 Likes on 113 Posts
St. Jude Donor '19

If this is really for Make A Wish, I would suggest calling one of the large forum dealers, The National Corvette Museum or General Motors itself to see if there is some way to get an "earlier than the end of next year" C8. I am guessing you may be out of luck though since it seems that everyone is looking at trying to get the new car as early as possible. They may all think you are just trying to scam them. It never hurts to ask though. I have also heard of some people that have deposits at multiple dealers selling their place in line to people. Not sure if that is just rumor or not though... good luck
Old 11-11-2019, 02:32 PM
kshaffer93
Cruising

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Roger that....thanks for input/reply as I kind of thought people might be thinking was attempting to pull off a scam.....which I’m not. I’m about to head for airport to fly over to “small Chevy dealership” via surprise to hopefully get face to face w/ Sales Mgr & GM to confront them on their lack of TRANSPARENCY, while requiring a $10K NON-REFUNDABLE deposit......where these funds would apparently be held for at least 5 months....most likely more, as I would be “IN THE BACK LINE”.......when thinking all along going to “FRONT OF LINE”, w/ their #1 of 2 allotments!🤦‍♂️

I’ll be sure of one thing today........GOING TO MAKE SALES MGR & GM “SQUIRM IN THEIR SHOES” while speaking to them in their showroom......the least I could do for what they have done to me over past 45+ days.

Happy Veteran’s Day to ALL!!!🇺🇸
Old 11-11-2019, 02:54 PM
MIREDVET
Racer

Received 108 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by kshaffer93
BTW.....in regards to the dealer I was about to order per their #1 & #2 Allotments.......thinking I “got lucky” finding this “small Chevy Dealer-in a small little town” that sells trucks/SUV’s that YOU said “red alarm” per requiring sizable non-refundable deposit......I’m presently SICK TO MY STOMACH at present.....yet very GRATEFUL of your education!

Here’s WHY:

I live in AZ and got interested seeking a C8 in mid Sept after speaking to Lauren (Vette POC for Chapman Chevy in Tempe) GREAT GUY who was patient, educating, & REAL!!! Dealer is allocated 27 for ‘20 & they had 55 w/ $1K refundable deposit. Lauren locked me in w/ $1K deposit in late Sept! Within a week, I had already climbed the later to #33! A couple weeks later I heard that every Chevy Dealer get at least 2 allotments, so while up in CO @ my 2nd home I decided to call around Chevy Dealers bear my condo-knowing they sell trucks & SUVs thinking they will have the minimum allotments & could possibly find #1 & #2?!? Sure enough, after calling around, as U know I discovered Chevy Dealer that had initially #2....then shortly later BOTH became available! So I THOUGHT...created solid rapport w/ Sales Mgr who got me in touch w/ his Fleet Mgr to get things set up. Feeling so “lucky” I reached out to Lauren & explained my “opportunity” w/ other dealer and requested to pull out.....where he was completely understanding & had the $1K refunded within MINUTES.....it seemed like! Fast forward to today.......I have waisted 45 days w/ “small dealer” as the Sales Mgr/Fleet Mgr have been attempting to have GM/Owner reduce the SIZABLE & NON-refundable deposit(s) to “allow” Fleet Mgr to order/build C8’s........NOW I know WHY neither one of them have returned my calls or emails past week or so! I even flew my plane into the “small town” and showed up to physically meet Fleet Mgr sharing my FRUSTRATION w/ the SIZABLE NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT required......BTW, I flew into town to “show up” w/ the VERY VAGUE & ONE SIDED “deposit agreement” that was FINALLY produced where unless one was an IDIOT, you would NOT sign!!! Crazy enough we had a nice conversation and felt like he was LEGIT and going to see what else he could do......that was a week plus ago where I mentioned NOT hearing back from either one of them.........NOW I KNOW WHY!!!!

I GET IT......whoever is still reading this THESIS on a forum is going to receive lots of “ball busting remarks”, which is fine cause I feel MUCH BETTER ALLOWING MYSELF TO VENT (NOT feel sorry for myself) MY GULLIBILITY & WAIST OF TIME.......yet SO VERY GRATEFUL to find out from a SOLID & CARING dude B4 it was TOO LATE.....at least w/ this Chevy Dealer that OBVIOUSLY chose to NOT keep it transparent!🤦‍♂️

I’m NOT gonna give up yet finding a way of getting the C8’s in early phase via Museum Delivery as the SHITTIEST thing is that I’m in contact with Make A Wish Foundation where seeking to share child’s WISH (Super Car Experience.....specifically C8 Corvette) and family for factory tour, museum, one on one walkthrough w/ Museum Rep, and finally taking MAW child across the country as my passenger!🙏🏻

TIME will tell IF all of this is supposed to happen over this coming week!?!

The END🤪
If you are looking for just a ride in a C8, versus owning one, there might be other options. I would think that the GM Mesa, AZ Proving Grounds might just be available, if you can get some PR, stroke, with GM Customer Relations. What a wonderful PR topic?? Good luck!!
Old 11-11-2019, 03:04 PM
C8Jake
Race Director

Received 5,416 Likes on 2,535 Posts

I live in AZ and got interested seeking a C8 in mid Sept after speaking to Lauren (Vette POC for Chapman Chevy in Tempe) GREAT GUY who was patient, educating, & REAL!!! Dealer is allocated 27 for ‘20 & they had 55 w/ $1K refundable deposit. Lauren locked me in w/ $1K deposit in late Sept! Within a week, I had already climbed the later to #33! A couple weeks later I heard that every Chevy Dealer get at least 2 allotments, so while up in CO @ my 2nd home I decided to call around Chevy Dealers bear my condo-knowing they sell trucks & SUVs thinking they will have the minimum allotments & could possibly find #1 & #2?!? Sure enough, after calling around, as U know I discovered Chevy Dealer that had initially #2....then shortly later BOTH became available! So I THOUGHT...created solid rapport w/ Sales Mgr who got me in touch w/ his Fleet Mgr to get things set up. Feeling so “lucky” I reached out to Lauren & explained my “opportunity” w/ other dealer and requested to pull out.....where he was completely understanding & had the $1K refunded within MINUTES.....it seemed like! Fast forward to today.......I have waisted 45 days w/ “small dealer” as the Sales Mgr/Fleet Mgr have been attempting to have GM/Owner reduce the SIZABLE & NON-refundable deposit(s) to “allow” Fleet Mgr to order/build C8’s........NOW I know WHY neither one of them have returned my calls or emails past week or so! I even flew my plane into the “small town” and showed up to physically meet Fleet Mgr sharing my FRUSTRATION w/ the SIZABLE NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT required......BTW, I flew into town to “show up” w/ the VERY VAGUE & ONE SIDED “deposit agreement” that was FINALLY produced where unless one was an IDIOT, you would NOT sign!!! Crazy enough we had a nice conversation and felt like he was LEGIT and going to see what else he could do......that was a week plus ago where I mentioned NOT hearing back from either one of them.........NOW I KNOW WHY!!!!

I GET IT......whoever is still reading this THESIS on a forum is going to receive lots of “ball busting remarks”, which is fine cause I feel MUCH BETTER ALLOWING MYSELF TO VENT (NOT feel sorry for myself) MY GULLIBILITY & WAIST OF TIME.......yet SO VERY GRATEFUL to find out from a SOLID & CARING dude B4 it was TOO LATE.....at least w/ this Chevy Dealer that OBVIOUSLY chose to NOT keep it transparent!🤦‍♂️

I’m NOT gonna give up yet finding a way of getting the C8’s in early phase via Museum Delivery as the SHITTIEST thing is that I’m in contact with Make A Wish Foundation where seeking to share child’s WISH (Super Car Experience.....specifically C8 Corvette) and family for factory tour, museum, one on one walkthrough w/ Museum Rep, and finally taking MAW child across the country as my passenger!🙏🏻
rant of the week finalist

Last edited by C8Jake; 11-11-2019 at 03:43 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by C8Jake:
Corvette310 (11-12-2019), Young_Z06 (11-13-2019)
Old 11-11-2019, 03:48 PM
Phil1098
Race Director

Received 11,607 Likes on 4,638 Posts

The last time I was involved with a MAW car purchase, I found myself in New Hampshire in a courtroom as a witness. It wasn't pretty.
Old 11-12-2019, 07:26 PM
DTOM
Drifting

Received 743 Likes on 407 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

It depends.

You can be #1 at the #1 dealership or #100 at a small town dealership. Or somewhere in between. Says nothing about when your C8 will be built.

Your delivery depends on constraints, as mentioned above. Also, the first C8's to be built are placed at the back of the shipment lot in Bowling Green. They deliver LIFO (last in first out), not FIFO (first in, first out).

Last edited by DTOM; 11-12-2019 at 07:26 PM.
Old 11-12-2019, 07:56 PM
kshaffer93
Cruising

Thanks for your reply/input. I’ve already been educated on how the allotment process works internally, becoming highly aware of my #1 allotment w/ Chevy Dealer didn’t mean what I thought....while dealer didn’t keep things transparent-yet were requiring a $10K NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT. While they “screwed me” & NEVER thought they would ever meet me, being in a “small/isolated little town”......I flew there yesterday, having a courtesy car to get to dealership, where I had the opportunity to provide a “WAKE UP CALL w/ the Sales Manager right in middle of showroom, so ALL could hear the UNETHICAL BUSINESS PRACTICES I had experienced over the past 45+ days, equating to DECEPTIONS & LIES=ZERO TRUST!!!!

In regards to Museum Delivery.....did NOT know how they process built vettes......so thank YOU for sharing info with me!

It’s obvious, NOT supposed to be receiving a C8 in “early phase”.....will be sure to contact MAW about the no-go. Good thing it was still months away, so not so shocking/disappointing!🙏🏻

Cheers to ALL who have helped provide the TRUTH about how Chevy will works their allocations BEFORE it was too late!🤦‍♂️
Old 11-13-2019, 03:08 PM
C6MagRed
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
I think Rick exaggerated it some (he does seem to be rather prone to that). I don't recall the 2014 QC hold being 2 months worth of production.
Rick never said that there was a 2 month hold... I believe that he said that because of the QC hold, cars that were built in the first 2 months or so would likely start showing up around the same time, not necessarily in the order that they were built. That IS what happened when the C7 came out. I remember quite well all of the people with early builds freaking out while their cars sat at BG as later builds were being loaded on trucks and shipped.

Old 11-13-2019, 03:21 PM
pmayo
Pro

Received 157 Likes on 92 Posts

My C7 Vert was stuck in the yard under a QC hold -- no explanation by stuck at that code for 4 weeks.
Old 11-13-2019, 03:52 PM
Young_Z06
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 351 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by Demnos
If this is really for Make A Wish
LOL I thought the exact same thing
Old 11-15-2019, 08:41 PM
reasonable suspicion
Melting Slicks

Received 324 Likes on 247 Posts

Is there such a thing as a non refundable deposit? How would you even have a completed contract without the invoice? Sounds incredibly expensive to be so impatient.
Old 11-15-2019, 09:53 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,107 Likes on 6,185 Posts

"Non refundable" deposit laws vary by state, so there is no single answer.
Old 11-15-2019, 10:30 PM
Whiskerbiscuit
Instructor

Received 233 Likes on 75 Posts

If this is really for Make a Wish then I would assume there would be 100's of members here ready to make their wish a reality including myself.
Old 11-16-2019, 08:36 AM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,898 Likes on 1,916 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Wow unbelievable post by OP. No I really mean unbelievable.
Old 11-16-2019, 09:15 AM
23/C8Z
Race Director

Received 5,768 Likes on 3,180 Posts

Here’s WHY:

I live in AZ and got interested seeking a C8 in mid Sept after speaking to Lauren (Vette POC for Chapman Chevy in Tempe) GREAT GUY who was patient, educating, & REAL!!! I even flew my plane into the “small town” and showed up to physically meet Fleet Mgr sharing my FRUSTRATION w/ the SIZABLE NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT required......BTW, I flew into town to “show up” w/ the VERY VAGUE & ONE SIDED “deposit agreement” that was FINALLY produced where unless one was an IDIOT, you would NOT sign!!!!?!

The END🤪
OP... I wish you the best.. first world problems..

Sounds like if I had your funds? I would burn mine lol..

God bless.

Last edited by 23/C8Z; 11-16-2019 at 09:17 AM.
Old 11-17-2019, 06:25 PM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,626 Likes on 1,745 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

Originally Posted by wayback
Wow unbelievable post by OP. No I really mean unbelievable.
ummmmmmmm yeah. As with the C6 posts so many things I could say to mr flying my plane in.
Old 11-17-2019, 06:54 PM
kshaffer93
Cruising

Thank you ALL who replied to reaching back to me w/ sincerity & care per my issues via this forum (where 1st time ever doing so- where I have no idea how Facebook, Twitter, or any other social media platforms work/operate) and have CONFIRMED why I have chosen to keep it “Old School”, by receiving multiple “smart ***” remarks via this forum. No wonder our country is dealing with MULTIPLE MASS SHOOTINGS per young & educated children, as an educated, responsible, and conservative 51 year old adult male........I can SADLY see how one becomes BULLIED & CHALLENGED by ridiculous comments/remarks....thinking one is being “cool”, instead makes me sick to my stomach and confirms WHY I do NOT do any “social media” correspondence!!!

Whomever possibly responds to this forum comment attempting to CONTINUE to be “creative/funny”, I hope that you’ll find better things to do with the TIME you have left to LIVE, while ALIVE......by making more of a POSITIVE IMPACT TO OTHERS, when seeking HELP from others, instead of attempting to look “cool”, when doing NOTHING but coming across as a BORED & LONELY INDIVIDUAL making an IDIOT of yourself!

Quick Reply: Building/ordering C8 w/#2 dealers 2 allotments....