Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C8 traveling show

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2019, 02:41 PM
BigF6B
Drifting

Received 564 Likes on 402 Posts
Default C8 traveling show

Attended the Estero Bay Chevrolet showing of the C8 today.The car was at a hanger provided by Private Sky Aviation in Ft.Myers Fl..I was among the first group of people to see the cover removed from the car at noon..The Naples Corvette club was on hand with many cars to see and also cars parked inside...But we all wanted our first look at this beauty..It was the Orange paint 3LT trim..The dealership did a great job,everyone had 2hours inside to see/sit in the car look at the displays etc.Sip champagne or beer.I just wanted to finally see/sit behind the wheel and take it all in .For my minute and a half..It's a beautiful machine..Did not disappoint..

The following 5 users liked this post by BigF6B:
PreservedSwine (10-28-2019), r00t61 (10-29-2019), Red C8 of Jax (10-29-2019), repo czar (07-26-2020), ShagVette (10-28-2019)
Old 10-28-2019, 09:40 PM
1SG_Ret
Melting Slicks

Received 478 Likes on 283 Posts

I was there for the 4-6 showing. got there a little after 4 and line looked like a Disney Pirates of the Caribbean ride on spring break. Estero Bay did a great job catering the event. Plenty of snacks and drinks catered to the people waiting in line by Estero Bay staff., The wait time to get to the car was very long. It was nearing 6 before I got to the driver seat. Seemed like everyone had to get a glamor shot in the car and didn't move on when they finished. Put the kids inside and get a picture of them for "facebook" too. If it was husband and wife, they gave their camera/phone to a stranger for a picture (with the obligatory instructions on how the camera/phone worked). A number of people could not figure out how to open the driver door from the inside which made the wait longer. Honestly someone from GM or Estero Bay should have been there to get the people out of the car if the couldn't figure out on their own. Some one to keep people moving through since it wasn't a private showing for just them. If I sound a bit cranky, I am. I specifically wanted my wife to test the entry and exit, but she has a medical condition that limits the time she can stand, She made it about 30 minutes in line and had to find a seat, so she never saw the car up close or got a chance to sit in it.

The car felt solid.and looked better in person than in pictures, With hatch and fronk being opened most of the time, I could not get a really good look at the car in profile or as it would be driven. I have to give it a solid "A" for the entire package. Interior was nice, but I found getting in and out to be a little more difficult than the C7. It seemed like the tub of the car was deeper than the C7 and required a bit more flexibility to get the knees to bend enough to get feet into and out of the car. Cannot attest to where the seats were positioned (both driver and passenger side felt about the same distance from the dash), but once I was situated in the seats, they I felt comfortable and did not feel like the seats were set too far forward or back (hence my comment on the getting in and out part).

They had the top off the car so I could not judge head room. I'm 6'1.5 and 180, I felt like my forehead with even with the top of the windshield and my hair would be blowing in the wind if drive "topless". I did catch a glimpse of the top's interior side and it looked "domed" so there should be headroom for 6'1"-6'2" buyers with the top on. The cockpit looked nice, well appointed with everything within reach of the driver. Rear visibility was not very good w/ the rear view mirror. The rear hatch was open when I checked and with the small rear window, view will be rather limited. That rear window is really pretty small

I spent all of 30-45 seconds in the car as there were people waiting as long as I so I didn't want to loiter.
Old 07-26-2020, 09:56 AM
metal
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Not a mask in site..those were the days!
The following users liked this post:
larryfdx (07-26-2020)

Get notified of new replies

To C8 traveling show

Quick Reply: C8 traveling show