Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Damn unions are holding the C8 hostage. Production to be delayed! 😡😡😡😡

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2019, 09:25 PM
blackmagicZ
Melting Slicks

Received 400 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by MitchAlsup
If you ::
a) enjoy the weekend
b) enjoy sick leave
c) vacations
d) pensions
e) company paid health care
you should thank the Unions.
I got all that working for a non union shop. It’s up to the employer how much they give their workers. Unfortunately, some need to be threatened.
The following users liked this post:
Rapid Fred (10-08-2019)
Old 10-07-2019, 09:31 PM
1snake
Le Mans Master

Received 652 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by punky
Jealous? OMG, you have no clue. Unions are ridiculous jokes at this point as it appears that you may be also.

You are absolutely correct sir, I am a "non union" worker. LOL! Get a grip fool , not every one in this nation is a beer bellied, clock punching moron. Jesus Christ, do you think no one other than union monkeys get pensions, days off, blah, blah, blah? I grew up in steel worker Western PA and understand union stupidity and its devastating efects as well as anyone. Unfortunately that idiotic mentality is alive and well.
I was a member of the United Steelworkers for 7 years and then a member of the International Association of Firefighters for 35 years. I have no clue? I was a member of the negotiating team for many contracts. Your post simply shows that you have no idea what you're talking about. BTW, your spelling skills indicate your level of education.
The following 3 users liked this post by 1snake:
glacierbrew907 (10-08-2019), robertbruce (10-08-2019), TARANTULA (10-08-2019)
Old 10-07-2019, 09:35 PM
Coc5
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by swift93
Average assembly worker makes $19/hr., not $63 even with benefits. At your claimed rate they would be making $126k/yr. lol
Well, I 'm waiting for a few years to purchase anyways.

And now the rest of the story...
13 years ago.
"The total of both cash compensation and benefits provided to GM hourly workers in 2006 amounted to approximately $73.26 per active hour worked."
https://www.heritage.org/jobs-and-la...makers-70-hour
Yes, I worked Union.
IBEW
Teamsters.
Latest was International Union Of Operating Engineers 420. Long Island, NY.
Working for the Union has convinced me the Unions are only in it for the leaders and to GIVE money to the Dem Party. I prefer NOT to work for the Union as you are so hamstringed as to what you are allowed to do. It's FFFing stupid. Don't tell a lie about shift work or overtime. The deadbeats with seniority get ALL the day shift work and the OT.

Last edited by Coc5; 10-07-2019 at 09:36 PM.
Old 10-07-2019, 10:12 PM
lowbuck72
Drifting

Received 468 Likes on 274 Posts

I've worked on both sides of the fence. I've seen where unions were a necessary evil in greedy businesses. I've also seen stand up companies where the unions protected terrible employees, and forced promotions based on seniority rather than merit. There are hard working union employees who barely make ends meet, and lazy union workers who live like kings. There are non-union companies that are just as good/bad. All depends on the which company and which union. I was a retail clerk, a teamster, and a manager. I've been on an extended strike back in '83 which was scary at the time. As a manager, I have given depositions on grievances filed by undeserving union employees. GM nearly went bankrupt for their legacy costs of union pensions, and their are auto assemblers making slightly over minimum wage. Choosing sides doesn't accomplish anything. Karl Marx suggested a system, but I'd rather stick with what we got.
The following 2 users liked this post by lowbuck72:
97Black (10-09-2019), Virtual Geezer (10-08-2019)

Quick Reply: Damn unions are holding the C8 hostage. Production to be delayed! 😡😡😡😡