Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z51 + high wing...do we get 2 spoilers????

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2019, 04:10 PM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,836 Likes on 1,156 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Producer

Walt, the Earth is round.

"I'm not so sure, it looks flat from my perspective. Ready to eat some crow?"
The following users liked this post:
carriccp (09-17-2019)
Old 09-17-2019, 06:49 PM
Walt White Coupe
Race Director

Received 2,238 Likes on 1,148 Posts

Originally Posted by jvp
Walt, the Earth is round.

"I'm not so sure, it looks flat from my perspective. Ready to eat some crow?"
That may be the dumbest attempt at an analogy that I've seen.
Old 09-17-2019, 07:28 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

My contribution to this scintillating thread....

First, from Mark Twain:
"Never argue with stupid people. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

And misattributed to Albert Einstein:
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome"

I believe these quotes sum up this thread nicely
Old 09-17-2019, 07:52 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Originally Posted by Walt White Coupe
^^^^
The Z51 spoiler is YOURS

I'm not sure if that is true or not when you order the High Wing. If' it's not, I sure hope you are ready to eat some crow.
I PROMISE I will admit I'm wrong...since, you know, I actually answered you. But you my friend, in the finest tradition of 21st century America, are almost pregnant.... you're not "sure", etc....What a load of crap. So why in the hell are you arguing about it? You don't even know what YOU THINK....

But here is your fallback, feel free to quote it when Moses comes down the mountain with a 3rd tablet or whatever sign you need to confirm the 2 spoilers are, in fact, the customers property.
I gift this to you so you're covered: "I never said the 2 spoiler thing to the customer was FACT, I just questioned whether it was FACT"

Or, you could stop riding the fence and arguing with any and every one.
It's simple...Here's the question:
Q. If I order a C8 Z51 and include in that order, the HIGH WING, do I end up with the original Z51 spoiler AND the HIGH WING?
Two possible answers so think HARD...
Answer #1: YES
Answer #2: NO

So, what's it gonna be?????

PS I think it's rich that I have to eat crow for actually answering (if I'm wrong), but you just get to be smug either way....what a joke.

Last edited by jimmyb; 09-17-2019 at 07:56 PM.
Old 09-17-2019, 08:18 PM
Walt White Coupe
Race Director

This isn't really that hard. It could be that you get two spoilers or you just get one. I don't really care because I don't like either one. But it makes economic sense for GM to only give you one. Plain and simple. If you can't see that ...
Old 09-17-2019, 08:30 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

^^^^
And....it's not really hard to say YES or NO but it appears you just want to be recalcitrant. And now, we get that you like neither so what I can't "see" is why you've wasted band width and time even having the discussion. THAT truly makes NO sense.
Carry on. Maybe Tool or others want to continue this cerebral circle jerk, I'm out
Old 09-17-2019, 08:34 PM
lostsoul
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 944 Likes on 558 Posts

But it makes economic sense for GM to only give you one. Plain and simple. If you can't see that ...

Which is why you have dragged this simple question 50 more post more then it had too. This sentence is your critical error.

1) You buy a z51 (IT COMES WITH THE WING)
2) You pay $1150 or so for another WING

So in economic sense you paid for 2 wings and will get 2 wings. I and a few others now got conformation from our dealerships yet you still question. Now I no doubt some dealerships might play the game of "forgetting" to give it back to you, but thats why we have forums to inform people. Dont leave without it and check for any F ups..

I dont think GM will make it hard to swap out. same mounting holes so we will see.
Old 09-18-2019, 01:19 AM
Weasel
Melting Slicks

Received 79 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Roscoe Primrose
You can always tell them not to put it on at the stealership....

Roscoe
Since I have a lot of time to wait for delivery I'm thinking this very thing. The body shop's $ charge for installation could easily be already included in the price though
Old 09-18-2019, 09:39 AM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,206 Likes on 6,015 Posts

Round and round we go with Walt the moron. Mods should lock this thread. If he doesn't believe is straight from Harlan's mouth then he won't believe anything.

When you buy the Z51 package you buy the spoiler.... it's yours. When you buy the LPO high wing option you're buying a 2nd spoiler. You, the customer, bought 2 spoilers. Why you think GM would take the time/energy to paint a part and install it on a car, ship it, then have a dealer tech uninstall it and re-stock it all while hoping it doesn't get damaged and hoping you have the correct colors for your sales demand is utter retardation. GM doesn't stock pre-painted body parts. I guess some of us are in awe of just how dumb Walt appears to be. It's like arguing with a pig in the mud... you both get dirty and the pig enjoys it.
carriccp (09-18-2019)
Old 09-18-2019, 10:07 AM
Walt White Coupe
Race Director

It's disappointing the way that some people on this forum can't have a discussion about any topic without resorting to personal attacks. It just shows that you have no class.
Old 09-18-2019, 10:08 AM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

It's disappointing the way that some people on this forum can't have a discussion about any topic without resorting to personal attacks. It just shows that you have no class.
You don't appear to have a brain. We've shown you clearly that you buy two spoilers, Harlan says very clearly in the video that you buy two spoilers, production logic dictates that you get 2 spoilers. Yet here you are.
The following 2 users liked this post by RapidC84B:
carriccp (09-18-2019), Roscoe Primrose (09-18-2019)
Old 09-18-2019, 10:12 AM
C8Jake
Race Director

Received 5,416 Likes on 2,535 Posts

It's disappointing the way that some people on this forum can't have a discussion about any topic without resorting to personal attacks.
Old 09-18-2019, 10:18 AM
Walt White Coupe
Race Director

Around and around you go repeating yourself over and over again and you blame me for keeping this discussion going. I've clearly stated that it could go either way and that I don't really care which way it goes. All I've been saying, and we can disagree about this, but I think restocking the removed Z51 spoiler that has value (as others have talked about selling it to another forum member that wants a Z51 spoiler) and that GM that is not going to leave money on the table. If you think that's a moronic possibility then so be it.
Old 09-18-2019, 10:24 AM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Around and around you go repeating yourself over and over again and you blame me for keeping this discussion going. I've clearly stated that it could go either way and that I don't really care which way it goes. All I've been saying, and we can disagree about this, but I think restocking the removed Z51 spoiler that has value (as others have talked about selling it to another forum member that wants a Z51 spoiler) and that GM that is not going to leave money on the table. If you think that's a moronic possibility then so be it.
Holy **** man... GM "is not leaving money on the table". They made their money when you paid $5,000 for the Z51 and bought the spoiler. Come on... you can't be this dumb... surly you can't? Lets say your theory has merit:

1. How are they going to unsure a blemish-free product after transport, removal, and re-stocking?

2. How are they going to ensure color match with batch-variances?

3. How are they going to ensure inventory levels now that these parts are painted and quantity available will be determined by whomever selects the high wing option?

Do you have any understanding of production and inventorying of goods? Any at all?
carriccp (09-18-2019)
Old 09-18-2019, 10:41 AM
Walt White Coupe
Race Director

Originally Posted by Tool Hoarder
Holy **** man... GM "is not leaving money on the table". They made their money when you paid $5,000 for the Z51 and bought the spoiler. Come on... you can't be this dumb... surly you can't? Lets say your theory has merit:

1. How are they going to unsure a blemish-free product after transport, removal, and re-stocking?

Damaged products are part of any mass produced product and are factored into the overall cost of the product. I think GM knows how to prepare an item for shipping.

2. How are they going to ensure color match with batch-variances?

In general "add on parts" are not painted with the car. The supplier provides GM with an already painted part.

3. How are they going to ensure inventory levels now that these parts are painted and quantity available will be determined by whomever selects the high wing option?

Let me go out on a limb here: I trust that GM knows how to handle inventory.

Do you have any understanding of production and inventorying of goods? Any at all?

Surely not as much as you do.
Old 09-18-2019, 10:46 AM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Enjoy your stupid thread... good day. It's a shame you continue to spread bad info on the forum.
Old 09-18-2019, 10:55 AM
Walt White Coupe
Race Director

Originally Posted by Tool Hoarder
Enjoy your stupid thread... good day. It's a shame you continue to spread bad info on the forum.
It's not my "stupid thread". The OP asked "Z51 + high wing... Do we get 2 spoilers????"

In responding to that question, all I've contended in this entire discussion is that "we shall see", nothing more.

If Harlan had been specifically asked the question, Z51 + high wing... Do we get 2 spoilers????" and he yes to that clear and specific question, then I would have taken that as a fact. But he wasn't asked that direct question.

Now this is not a perfect analogy but let's look at how GM handles "wheels". If you buy the car with the standard wheels (i.e. Z51 spoiler) they are included in the price of the car. But if you want an optional wheel (i.e. High Wing) they will cost you $1495 extra. Would anyone here say that "I should get the standard wheel and the optional wheel because I paid for both? I don't think so. Because we understand that the $1495 is not the cost of the optional wheel but is the difference in price between the standard wheel and the optional wheel. I'm only suggesting that the "High Wing" may be handled in a similar manner.

I don't have any crystal ball here, I just talking about how it "might" be handled.

I don't expect the Tool Hoarder to understand this.

Last edited by Walt White Coupe; 09-18-2019 at 03:21 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Z51 + high wing...do we get 2 spoilers????

Old 09-18-2019, 04:51 PM
crabman
Safety Car

Received 79 Likes on 33 Posts

I left this forum for years, long enough I had forgot why I left. It's starting to come back to me now...
Old 09-18-2019, 07:04 PM
C8Jake
Race Director

Received 5,416 Likes on 2,535 Posts

Now this is not a perfect analogy but let's look at how GM handles "wheels". If you buy the car with the standard wheels (i.e. Z51 spoiler) they are included in the price of the car. But if you want an optional wheel (i.e. High Wing) they will cost you $1495 extra. Would anyone here say that "I should get the standard wheel and the optional wheel because I paid for both? I don't think so. Because we understand that the $1495 is not the cost of the optional wheel but is the difference in price between the standard wheel and the optional wheel. I'm only suggesting that the "High Wing" may be handled in a similar manner.

I don't have any crystal ball here, I just talking about how it "might" be handled.

stands to reason
Old 09-18-2019, 07:17 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

It's not my "stupid thread". The OP asked "Z51 + high wing... Do we get 2 spoilers????"

In responding to that question, all I've contended in this entire discussion is that "we shall see", nothing more.

If Harlan had been specifically asked the question, Z51 + high wing... Do we get 2 spoilers????" and he yes to that clear and specific question, then I would have taken that as a fact. But he wasn't asked that direct question.

Well, I had to come back to answer this. You very cleverly used ONE wheel analogy while ignoring the other 2.
If you order 5DF (Black painted Trident wheels @$2,695) OR 5DG (Pewter painted split spoke wheels, no price found) both of which are dealer installed options, you end up with 2 sets of wheels...the wheels that came on the car (assuming silver split spokes) and your new, dealer installed wheels.

Last edited by jimmyb; 09-18-2019 at 07:18 PM.

Quick Reply: Z51 + high wing...do we get 2 spoilers????