Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Use your imagination

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2019, 05:49 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

Default Use your imagination

After looking at the C8 I am excited about all the possibilities for the aftermarket. If you just look at the engine bay it is ripe for all sorts of wonderful products. Chevrolet has a red colored intake / cover. Why stop there? Can you imagine all the different color combinations? replacing the carbon fiber option with body colored pieces. Same color as the body or contrasting colors to add extra style. I can’t imagine all the possibilities with engine lighting. Can you imagine driving your white C8 at night with a red glow coming from the engine compartment?

What are some of the ideas you guys have for aftermarket?
Old 08-28-2019, 06:41 PM
Sub Driver
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,772 Likes on 1,467 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill17601
After looking at the C8 I am excited about all the possibilities for the aftermarket. If you just look at the engine bay it is ripe for all sorts of wonderful products. Chevrolet has a red colored intake / cover. Why stop there? Can you imagine all the different color combinations? replacing the carbon fiber option with body colored pieces. Same color as the body or contrasting colors to add extra style. I can’t imagine all the possibilities with engine lighting. Can you imagine driving your white C8 at night with a red glow coming from the engine compartment?

What are some of the ideas you guys have for aftermarket?
Corvette owners make some of the most incredibly tacky engine bays. I've never understood the fascination with coating your engine bay in bright colors and chrome on everything. Add in some neon lights and it will be real special.
The following users liked this post:
cosentino11 (08-29-2019)
Old 08-28-2019, 07:04 PM
smithers
Melting Slicks

Received 5,017 Likes on 1,831 Posts

Originally Posted by Sub Driver
Corvette owners make some of the most incredibly tacky engine bays. I've never understood the fascination with coating your engine bay in bright colors and chrome on everything. Add in some neon lights and it will be real special.
Yeah I see people saying the factory engine appearance package option is a waste because aftermarket stuff will be better. But I’m expecting the aftermarket stuff to be so over the top that it’s just tacky. If it’s all chrome and bling it is going to look really out of place.
Old 08-28-2019, 07:11 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

That open engine bay needs some LEDs for sure. Multi color, fading and flashing sequences also, can't wait!
Old 08-28-2019, 07:36 PM
Rooster OG
Le Mans Master

Received 1,694 Likes on 1,240 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

If I end up getting ceramic gray with the tension blue interior, I’ll powder coat the calipers blue and probably do something with the cover in blue to tie it in.
Old 08-28-2019, 07:58 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

Blue caliper on a C7 with HRE wheels. The caliper was powder coated

Get notified of new replies

To Use your imagination

Quick Reply: Use your imagination