Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Courtesy delivery

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2019, 04:41 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,156 Likes on 6,206 Posts

That spreadsheet is published by GM.
Old 10-11-2019, 06:12 PM
JALLEN4
Melting Slicks

Received 2,202 Likes on 1,023 Posts

Originally Posted by 2turbocobra
love it, but can we add prices,

I am narrowing down on sanborn chevrolet in lodi ca. he quoted me $700 then quoted macmulkin $750...., I don't care to pay that much, but they are close. My best option so far. My local dealer maita in elk grove quoted me $2500!

I think around $500 is fair, personally as a dealer why not provide some good service and try to get the next sale.... Especially when we are talking about an expensive luxury item in Chevrolet's catalog.
The quickest way for a dealer to go broke is trying to "buy" future business from folks who have already proven they are all about price.
The following users liked this post:
jcapps (10-26-2019)
Old 10-11-2019, 07:10 PM
BIG Dave
Le Mans Master

Received 4,684 Likes on 1,862 Posts

Originally Posted by FN in MT
...Local Stealer generally failed to clean it up, wouldn't even wash it. Take it as is....We didn't SELL it, so we don't support it.

Unless a Dealer was very OPEN to a delivery from another Dealer I'd be careful.
Consider yourself lucky. I don’t want the dealer going through my C8 when it gets delivered. Just toss me the fob and send me on my way.
ramos1969 (11-19-2019)
Old 10-14-2019, 04:13 PM
BKNIMKR
Safety Car

Location: Chino Hills, Ca. You are completely safe with me, I'm a good screamer.
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JALLEN4
The quickest way for a dealer to go broke is trying to "buy" future business from folks who have already proven they are all about price.
Especially when you are buying from another store as it is.
Old 10-14-2019, 10:59 PM
NASTYC7
Drifting

Received 433 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by 2turbocobra
love it, but can we add prices,

I am narrowing down on sanborn chevrolet in lodi ca. he quoted me $700 then quoted macmulkin $750...., I don't care to pay that much, but they are close. My best option so far. My local dealer maita in elk grove quoted me $2500!

I think around $500 is fair, personally as a dealer why not provide some good service and try to get the next sale.... Especially when we are talking about an expensive luxury item in Chevrolet's catalog.
Go and pick it up yourself.... It Irks me when people want something for nothing. You may have never signed the front of checks and only the backs to understand this... Time is money! Why would a business whom you did not buy the car from them short change themselves because you chose to buy from elsewhere? Dealerships make their money from the sale of the car. PDI is shop hours, office hours and god forbid if they install the wing and there is a smudge.. There goes the "Yelp" review.. now think if something went wrong like a scratch... Now that "low ball" $500 you wanted to pay is now costing them $1,000's...… There was no profit in a car sale to balance any issues out.. You went out of State go pick the damn thing up from where you bought it.... Or pay the dealers asking price to deliver for you... Then when you get back to Cali go get a smog cert at a state inspection and tagged at a local "wait forever" DMV..
The following 3 users liked this post by NASTYC7:
GTUnit (10-14-2019), JALLEN4 (10-15-2019), mtncrs (11-01-2020)
Old 10-21-2019, 07:02 PM
pauliski
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
Here's a current listing of dealers. You can filter column J (Courtesy Delivery Dealer) = 'Y' and then filter by state to find potential courtesy delivery dealers. The spreadsheet also has contact info (names, emails and phone numbers).
thanks for the spreadsheet on dealers that do courtesy deliveries. I had talked to only one dealer on the list in my area and he quoted me $1500 to take
delivery. That would not really be a cost savings as I have been quoted $1200.00 to ship my C8 from dealer to my door in an enclosed trailer.
Could somebody tell me the "normal" amount most dealers charge?
Old 10-22-2019, 09:20 AM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 319 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by pauliski
thanks for the spreadsheet on dealers that do courtesy deliveries. I had talked to only one dealer on the list in my area and he quoted me $1500 to take
delivery. That would not really be a cost savings as I have been quoted $1200.00 to ship my C8 from dealer to my door in an enclosed trailer.
Could somebody tell me the "normal" amount most dealers charge?
Yes...most courtesy delivery quotes are reasonable and in the $300 - $500 area. I have done two at the same dealer in a one GM dealer town of 30,000 population and they have a Corvette Tech, and that was my cost.
Old 10-26-2019, 04:37 PM
Frank Tringale
Heel & Toe

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you know the cost of shipping from Kerbeck?
Old 10-26-2019, 04:41 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Enclosed transport will run around $1.00 to $1.50 per mile.
Old 10-26-2019, 05:13 PM
pauliski
Instructor

I had read where enclosed trailers cost $1.00 to $1.50 per mile as well… I just got lots of quotes last week between $.65 and $.75 per mile in enclosed trailers.... all of the carriers were rated very good.
Old 11-18-2019, 01:17 PM
pauliski
Instructor

Same question about a courtesy delivery....anybody know a dealer in Orange County California or near by that will do a courtesy delivery for a reasonable
fee?
Old 11-18-2019, 01:34 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Your selling dealer should be able to provide you guidance on this.
Old 11-18-2019, 01:53 PM
mschuyler
Safety Car

Received 3,819 Likes on 1,615 Posts

Originally Posted by NASTYC7
Go and pick it up yourself.... It Irks me when people want something for nothing. You may have never signed the front of checks and only the backs to understand this... Time is money! Why would a business whom you did not buy the car from them short change themselves because you chose to buy from elsewhere?
Because the local dealer was incapable of getting the car? It's not as if any dealer can get any car. If your local dealer has used up his allocations or simply does not have any are you supposed to go without? As it happens I have three GM vehicles and did not buy any of them from my local dealer, which I have used for service for over 20 years. They have always, without exception, treated me in a courteous manner. A dealer who is butt hurt that I did not buy a vehicle from them is not one I would like to support. You PAY for courtesy delivery. It is not a free service. Plus GM PAYS the dealer for the PDI.
Old 11-18-2019, 03:07 PM
RussM05
Melting Slicks

Received 1,017 Likes on 365 Posts

Anyone have Courtesy Delivery experience with Henna in Austin, TX?
Old 11-18-2019, 03:13 PM
RussM05
Melting Slicks

Received 1,017 Likes on 365 Posts

Originally Posted by NASTYC7
Go and pick it up yourself.... It Irks me when people want something for nothing. You may have never signed the front of checks and only the backs to understand this... Time is money! Why would a business whom you did not buy the car from them short change themselves because you chose to buy from elsewhere? Dealerships make their money from the sale of the car. PDI is shop hours, office hours and god forbid if they install the wing and there is a smudge.. There goes the "Yelp" review.. now think if something went wrong like a scratch... Now that "low ball" $500 you wanted to pay is now costing them $1,000's...… There was no profit in a car sale to balance any issues out.. You went out of State go pick the damn thing up from where you bought it.... Or pay the dealers asking price to deliver for you... Then when you get back to Cali go get a smog cert at a state inspection and tagged at a local "wait forever" DMV..
While I agree, the dealer doing the "Courtesy Delivery" charges a fee to do that so its not something for nothing. Yes, the salespeople don't earn a commission and the dealership doesn't get a profit, but the amount of services delivered equal the fee they charge. They have the option not to provide "Courtesy Delivery" if they don't want to. Its their choice. The amount they are paid is getting the car cleaned up and to walk the new owner thru the vehicle option.

I would take the car "as-is" upon unloading it from the transport trailer. Remember....if they treat me OK, I'll bring it in for services and warranty items. Not a bad deal for the dealer.

Last edited by RussM05; 11-18-2019 at 03:13 PM.
rmp (11-19-2019)
Old 11-18-2019, 03:28 PM
Red Rochester
Le Mans Master

Received 255 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by swift93
Find a better dealer.
Yeah, the Kerbeck way, easy when you have a ton of orders.
Old 11-18-2019, 04:02 PM
jcapps
Drifting

Received 548 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by pauliski
I had read where enclosed trailers cost $1.00 to $1.50 per mile as well… I just got lots of quotes last week between $.65 and $.75 per mile in enclosed trailers.... all of the carriers were rated very good.
Run, been shipping cars enclosed for years. Minimum $1. I have seen the guys you get for less, they don't use straps to tie the car down in the trailer, they rely on the ebrake

Get notified of new replies

To Courtesy delivery

Old 11-18-2019, 05:55 PM
Maxie2U
Le Mans Master

Received 4,310 Likes on 2,307 Posts

Originally Posted by elegant
Suburban Chevrolet in Sandy (just east of Portland), the # 1 Corvette dealer in Oregon, will do a courtesy delivery. Contact Jeff Baldwin, their GM.
That is who I used. Absolutely an awesome dealer! After owning my C7 for three years I still drive an hour (one way) from Tigard Oregon to Suburban Chevrolet for all my C7 service including oil changes.

BTW, Suburban Chevrolet has the best prices on tires and yes they beat Discount Tire prices too. And right now they are have an additional $140 rebate offer.

Last edited by Maxie2U; 11-18-2019 at 06:47 PM.
Old 11-18-2019, 07:45 PM
VetUSA
Cruising

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Had my 2017 delivered to Auburn (WA) Chevrolet. Delivered in perfect condition considering it had to be trucked to Toledo and sent by train to Kent, WA. $300.00 but they wouldn't fill it up fill it up so I contacted the seller MacMaulkin and they reimbursed me for the fill up. MacMaulkin is tops.
Old 11-19-2019, 09:16 PM
mschuyler
Safety Car

Received 3,819 Likes on 1,615 Posts

Originally Posted by VetUSA
Had my 2017 delivered to Auburn (WA) Chevrolet. Delivered in perfect condition considering it had to be trucked to Toledo and sent by train to Kent, WA. $300.00 but they wouldn't fill it up fill it up so I contacted the seller MacMaulkin and they reimbursed me for the fill up. MacMaulkin is tops.
Ha ha. Funny story. I bought my Silverado from Auburn. It was actually at Renton, but those guys were so rude about my potential trade that they wouldn't talk to me. I called up Auburn and they traded with Renton and got me the exact same truck for a decent price. These guys do deals with each other all the time. I bought my vette from Macmulkin as well.

Quick Reply: Courtesy delivery