Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Salesman saying he'll contact me when it's time to order

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2019, 06:42 PM
bluedevil99
Drifting

Received 254 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by C8Jake
Rabid Blue - 4 months out
You've got 4 months to get your rabies vaccine done then!
The following 2 users liked this post by bluedevil99:
glacierbrew907 (08-16-2019), TSAGG (08-18-2019)
Old 08-16-2019, 07:00 PM
Tarl
Pro

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

Production line doesn't even crank up till Dec 02. Most cars, at least from what I've heard, even the early orders from Sep, won't start showing up at dealers till about the end of Feb.

As much as everyone wants it "NOW" so looks like 6 months. Patience.
Old 08-16-2019, 09:45 PM
FN in MT
Racer

Received 430 Likes on 196 Posts

Local dealer here in MT has 10 or 12 allocations. I'm #7 on the list.

He told me he wouldn't contact me until September or October.

I know the "Hurry up and Wait" thing is tough, but not much else we can do.
Old 08-16-2019, 09:54 PM
TheSharkGuy
Racer

Received 407 Likes on 120 Posts

No orders accepted until september
Old 08-16-2019, 10:13 PM
mbaran
Instructor

Received 84 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by NASTYC7
I went with Bob Stall too..... You are most likely on 2nd,3rd or 4th allocation. I'm betting on the latter two if you put your order in a few weeks ago.

I put my deposit down the morning of the 23rd and may be bumped to 1st allocation if a few people back out or constraints keep them off the list, but as it stands I am in the second allocation. I have talked with the salesman and he said they were up over 80 sold by the end of day 2 (7/23) of the car showing.

He is #26 on the top 50 dealers. He most likely will only get 20 first allocations, then 30 for the second and then split the rest of the year.
when I ordered, I believe it was closer to 36 in the first batch, a couple being dealer cars.
Old 08-16-2019, 11:21 PM
cliffy56
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was contacted by the salesman at Bob Stall today to setup an appointment to enter my build in the system. I am not in the first round as of right now as I an #75 on the list.

Here is what he had to say in the email:
"Initial pricing has been released and we are ready to begin pre-building your Corvette. Please let me know when is the best time to go through the build process.
The submission to factory for official build is not expected to happen for a couple months and when your build is sent will depend on features and color options chosen and where you stand on our list. "
The following users liked this post:
Tripjammer (08-18-2019)
Old 08-17-2019, 10:58 AM
astrotx
Burning Brakes

Received 264 Likes on 99 Posts

Old 08-17-2019, 11:38 AM
glacierbrew907
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by cliffy56
I was contacted by the salesman at Bob Stall today to setup an appointment to enter my build in the system. I am not in the first round as of right now as I an #75 on the list."
That's all I want to know from them, what place in line I am so I can mentally prepare for the wait. I've asked 4 times now and the salesmen just ignores my question and diverts to talking about constraints. This last time he even said z51 is on constraint. I tried to get another person to tell me what number I am, but they just say the salesman that took my deposit is the only one that can tell me. Seems kinda shady.
Old 08-17-2019, 11:39 AM
mbaran
Instructor

Received 84 Likes on 37 Posts

Just call and ask for the GM. I bet they took tons of deposits during the road show and are waiting (hoping?) for cancellations.
glacierbrew907 (08-17-2019)
Old 08-17-2019, 10:19 PM
SoCalC7
Racer

Received 153 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by cliffy56
I am #75 on the list.

Here is what he had to say in the email:
"Initial pricing has been released and we are ready to begin pre-building your Corvette. Please let me know when is the best time to go through the build process. "
They told me I was #90 or something when I made my deposit on day 2 of their reveal, and I haven’t been contacted by email yet, so there’s that.

Last edited by SoCalC7; 08-17-2019 at 10:20 PM.
Old 08-18-2019, 12:19 AM
glacierbrew907
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

I had been asking the salesman about 4 times what place on the allocation list I'm in and he kept avoiding the question. So today I asked if management was telling him not to tell customers what place they are and he said no. Then he told me since my deposit was made on July 29th that I am at the end of the list and he actually asked if I wanted my deposit back! Seriously!? So I asked what exactly "end of the list" meant, because it was starting to sound like all allocations had deposits on them and they took additional deposits thinking people would cancel their orders. I texted him that it would have been nice to know when I put my deposit down and I asked what place I was in, so he immediately calls me with a bunch of attitude trying to say it doesn't matter what place I'm in because of constraints. Really? I'd still like to know, it's not that hard to get that info.
Old 08-18-2019, 12:56 AM
Jc8
2nd Gear

I was told I’m #1150 something on the list after putting my deposit down first week in August but I guess patience is a virtue. I just don’t want to be taking delivery of my 2020 so close to when the 2021’s are going to be released.
glacierbrew907 (08-18-2019)
Old 08-18-2019, 08:42 AM
Mitchell Gant
Acct Suspended 12 Feb 2021 by request

Location: Mother America is brandishing her weapons. She keeps me safe and warm by threats and misconceptions.
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by glacierbrew907
I had been asking the salesman about 4 times what place on the allocation list I'm in and he kept avoiding the question. So today I asked if management was telling him not to tell customers what place they are and he said no. Then he told me since my deposit was made on July 29th that I am at the end of the list and he actually asked if I wanted my deposit back! Seriously!? So I asked what exactly "end of the list" meant, because it was starting to sound like all allocations had deposits on them and they took additional deposits thinking people would cancel their orders. I texted him that it would have been nice to know when I put my deposit down and I asked what place I was in, so he immediately calls me with a bunch of attitude trying to say it doesn't matter what place I'm in because of constraints. Really? I'd still like to know, it's not that hard to get that info.
Time to get your deposit back and find a large volume dealer with plenty of allocations left.
Old 08-18-2019, 09:38 AM
Michael T*
Drifting

Received 945 Likes on 428 Posts

I am number 26 at my dealer. The first round allocation is 19, so I am likely a December (the fourth monthly) order cycle. Now Targeted Production Week is another story. Hard to say between startup production running at a slower daily pace and the likely short model year. Based on what I know now, I am guessing I would get the car in April or May.
Old 08-18-2019, 09:49 AM
VH Vette
Racer

Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts

Dealer just took my Order info last Friday. He is working his way thru the list of first round cars.
I think the "smarter" dealers would want your info on build sooner than later so that they can see all their first round (Sep-Oct-Nov) cars details (colors and options).
Once first orders start to be accepted by GM in September the info will go into Production and Supply chain to create a real production schedule.
While building the production schedule, GM will probably come back to the dealers and start shuffling their orders to fill out the production line with cars they can build.
At that time, if the dealer has their buyers info, they can quickly give that information to GM and get build allocations.
If Dealers that have to hunt down their buyers and start the process when GM starts sorting all this out may lose out to later build dates.
If you are in the first 3 Months of orders, then you along with all other first three month people will get your cars starting sometime in Mid Feb.
I have already started self medicating to get thru this.
VH

Last edited by VH Vette; 08-18-2019 at 10:37 AM.
Old 08-18-2019, 11:56 AM
wilf
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by glacierbrew907
I am sure you are aware of the announced factory staging constraints right? So if you order a 3LT in Red and everyone else on the list orders a 1LT in Rapid blue for example. Guess what----- you are number one on the list and your order will go in in the first batch in Sept ahead of everyone! If everyone orders a Red 3LT you are last!! That's why the sales guy has no idea until everyone puts in their order details and finishes making changes by the dead line.
Old 08-18-2019, 01:07 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,657 Likes on 6,653 Posts

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
GM won't be accepting orders until September. What position are you in on their waiting list? 150 allocations isn't huge compared to the big 3 dealers back east that have over 1000 each.
Originally Posted by Docbrock
Unless you put in a deposit before the reveal, it may be a couple months before your dealer is ready to take your order.

Be patient.
As Zymurgy states no dealer can place and order for a car for delivery before September. And then only for the limited number they will be allowed that may be 20 even with an allocation over 1000! Each dealer will be told what they can order by GM.

So a dealer "placing and order and giving you a sheet of paper" means nothing! Be careful about putting down a true, non refundable 5 or 10% deposit! What most dealers are taking is a refundable $1000 (could be more) "Hold-A-Spot" money. That is NOT a deposit. Yep the salesman will call you when it's closer for them to be able to place an actual order for the car you want then they will ask for a non-refundable deposit. Then you can decide what you want! I did something similar when I got my C7.

So the OP's salesman is "probably" right! He'll call you when it closer for them to place an actual order for your car. Have seen where folks say you should have that piece of paper. Might just as well make your own and change your mid however you wish looking at Forum posts and pics!

Last edited by JerryU; 08-18-2019 at 01:13 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Salesman saying he'll contact me when it's time to order

Old 08-18-2019, 07:56 PM
cliffy56
6th Gear

I guess it is up to each Salesman. I went in today as scheduled and we did the order manually as the system was down. I asked him and like he said there is really no big rush right now as mid Sept is the first orders being accepted. Me being number 75 it might be a few months before it even gets submitted but y having it in the system they can call it up if it moves up the list. He also said to call anytime if I want to make any changes and he will notify me before it actually gets submitted to see if I have any last minute changes. He has been very easy to work with. He was also my salesman in March when I bought a new truck.
Old 08-18-2019, 08:13 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,657 Likes on 6,653 Posts

^^^
Sounds like he is giving you a straight answer. If your # 75 it depends on their total allocations to how many orders they can place for delivery each month. GM defines that for each dealer. They won't get to place 75 all in that 1st month! GM takes orders that can schedule to actually build at each order period.

They spread that for all dealers based on allocation. That is determined by prior year (perhaps a bigger range) of Vettes purchased.

Last edited by JerryU; 08-18-2019 at 08:16 PM.
Old 08-18-2019, 09:25 PM
Red Rochester
Le Mans Master

Received 255 Likes on 135 Posts

Mid Jan for dec.run. Xmas vac . Jan production mid to late feb I was told

Quick Reply: Salesman saying he'll contact me when it's time to order