Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who was actually there葉ell us how it looks in person!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 09:58 PM
susko
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Who was actually there葉ell us how it looks in person!

Yes the rear and some of the angles are disappointing from the pictures. But I have a feeling it looks better in person. A lot better. Just a C7 hunch since we致e all done this same song and dance before.

Can anyone that that was actually there give us real input? How does it actually look? Exotic? Busy?
Old 07-20-2019, 01:33 AM
ElisTwoCents
Le Mans Master

Received 420 Likes on 234 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06,'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

I was there in person, the car is a thing of beauty.

I, like many on the forum, were inundated over the past months with this persons latest design and that persons latest render that it almost made me numb to "seeing" the car leading up to the event. Once they revealed the car last night and actually walking about it, sitting in both sides of all 4 cars there, I was awestruck. I've been to my fair share of car shows, seen just about every car rolling around here Ventura County (SoCal), but seeing this car in person was something else. Take most cars out on the market and stare at pics of it for almost a year and you'll find things wrong or areas you'd correct on the design, proportions etc. so tearing apart a C8 before it was even released seemed premature (premenstrual) to say the least.

Once the car is in front of you, IMHO, the lines all blend, the angles make sense and the package appears complete - A work of art. Every Gen of EVERY Corvette manufactured has had shortcomings, the C8 will eventually have its faults exposed, improved and moved on from. Just don't let those things pull you away from enjoying the bigger picture:

A REVOLUTIONARY car for GM and Corvette Brand.
The following 5 users liked this post by ElisTwoCents:
95tealconvert (07-20-2019), gthal (07-20-2019), GundamX7X (07-20-2019), r00t61 (07-20-2019), vettpapaw (07-20-2019)

Quick Reply: Who was actually there葉ell us how it looks in person!