Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The C8 may decimate the high end used sports car market

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2019, 10:01 AM
Busa Dave
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Tennis & Golf Nut
As someone who is a big watch collector I can tell you no collector buys a watch to "tell time." I'll get an automatic Sieko to do that for $200.00

BTW, good luck trying to buy a Rolex today for ONLY $10,000.00. Hottest Rolex market in History. 2-5 year waitlist.

Here's my next Rolex: https://www.rolex.com/watches/cellini/m50505-0020.html It's $15,200.00 form an AD (authorized dealer) they are not allowed to discount, only full MSRP.

I only buy high-end luxury watches in the pre-owned market. I hope to get the watch above for much less. Some are still in boxes, unopened. Given as gifts or a retirement watch.

High-end watches are similar to buying Art. If you buy correctly you can wear a watch for 5+ years and sell it for the same price or higher.

People buy luxury watches for status, snobbery, it's about the only thing a guy can have in form of jewelry and because you like perfection. My iPhone has better time than any watch ever made.

I think cars for many are the same way with some people. Even my wife judges people by the car they drive.

Last year I was looking to get a Camaro ZL1 1LE ($75,000.00), the wife said: "People will think we lost all our money." I replied WTF does that mean?

Camaros are for Rednecks, quit acting like a teenager.
Rolex in the high end watch world is like a Camaro.
The following 3 users liked this post by Busa Dave:
05dsom (07-24-2019), ArmchairArchitect (07-24-2019), R&D (07-24-2019)
Old 07-24-2019, 10:19 AM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Received 957 Likes on 608 Posts

Originally Posted by Busa Dave
Rolex in the high end watch world is like a Camaro.
Damn.....I owe my 17 year old son a Rolex to go with the new Camaro I bought him when he turned 16. 😏
The following users liked this post:
Busa Dave (07-24-2019)
Old 07-24-2019, 11:07 AM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. ice
I really don’t think you know anything about the people you have mentioned. I too know and hang with very wealthy people and they have multiple MTI sports boats costing in excess of $1M each, live in multi million dollar homes and drive what they wish.....and they are not Corvettes. For the record I have driven by Jimmy Buffets house and he does live in a very conservative house. Does Bill Gates live in the same manner? No! What’s conservative to the wealthy is beyond your level of comprehension. Stay in your corner and stop the poor posturing ... I also should add that some of the ultra rich Walmart family live in Columbia, MO , 75 miles from me and frequent the same lake where I have my second home and they must have not got the memo from Alice. LOL.
Hillarious, you drove by "Jimmy Buffets" house and live only 75 miles from the "ultra rich" Walmart family. You have friends with boats that cost a million bucks, damn Dude one them wouldn't be Bobby Gates would it?
Old 07-24-2019, 12:45 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Received 957 Likes on 608 Posts

Originally Posted by punky
Hillarious, you drove by "Jimmy Buffets" house and live only 75 miles from the "ultra rich" Walmart family. You have friends with boats that cost a million bucks, damn Dude one them wouldn't be Bobby Gates would it?
One thing for sure.....it wast broke bastard Punky that has nothing but an oil stain in his garage. LOL. Love ya brother 😏

Last edited by Dr. ice; 07-24-2019 at 12:46 PM.
Old 07-24-2019, 03:01 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. ice
One thing for sure.....it wast broke bastard Punky that has nothing but an oil stain in his garage. LOL. Love ya brother 😏
The only car I have ever owned that left an oil stain in the garage were the (2) 911s I had. You keep your used 911 in the garage long enough and you'll have a big one too my friend. I was in and out of a 930 and a 911 back when you were slingin hash at Bobs Big Boy. "Brioke Bastard Punky", you are a real Prince.
Old 08-04-2019, 01:43 AM
susko
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 8 Posts

Looking back on this thread feels good!

Quick Reply: The C8 may decimate the high end used sports car market