Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just configured my NEW 2020 C8 Mid Engine Stingray Z51!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2019, 07:41 PM
23/C8Z
Race Director

Received 5,778 Likes on 3,186 Posts

Stingray is definitely odd given the change in architecture and after bringing stingray back from the dead. 32 years?

Why would they do it? Continuity to not alienate loyal Corvette owners as well as casual observers/ potential future buyers?
Old 04-13-2019, 07:44 PM
Zora_Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 2,017 Likes on 702 Posts

Originally Posted by 16/C7Z
Stingray is definitely odd given the change in architecture and after bringing stingray back from the dead. 32 years?

Why would they do it? Continuity to not alienate loyal Corvette owners as well as casual observers/ potential future buyers?
Have you been under a rock for 6 years? The C7 Stingray is the base model C7, and the C8 Stingray will be the base model C8. Not hard to figure out.
Old 04-13-2019, 11:14 PM
flyforfun
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 42 Posts

Did you order with a Manual? Nope, not offered.
Old 04-14-2019, 03:16 PM
meadowz06
Race Director

Received 960 Likes on 572 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09 and '13

LOL at this thread.
Old 04-14-2019, 11:24 PM
NLS8520
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I must admit I despise removable roof panel concept, I was really hoping for a return to a fixed roof coupe. Any word if that is officially off the table?
Old 04-14-2019, 11:40 PM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by sunsalem
One day we will all look back on March 22, 2019 as the day C8 Forum officially jumped the shark...
it was looooong before then........
The following users liked this post:
Ram907 (04-16-2019)
Old 04-15-2019, 05:41 PM
tcinla
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 619 Likes on 357 Posts

Originally Posted by jnc4558
How about the power folding mirrors, 12" Display, Sensor indicator Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Side Blind Zone Alert?
4 less things for people who complain about the Corvette to complain about... Folding mirrors is a biggie for me. My form of blind spot protection is to look in the side mirrors then accelerate briskly when changing lanes to get ahead of anything that I might have missed. Parking butt first takes care of most of my x-traffic issues.
Old 04-16-2019, 06:42 PM
B747VET
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 862 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by Zora_Vette
Have you been under a rock for 6 years? The C7 Stingray is the base model C7, and the C8 Stingray will be the base model C8. Not hard to figure out.
No need to take shots at others moly because they might feel differently than you about the Stingray descriptor. As someone pointed out, it was brought back to the C7 after many years as a connection with the distant past. But, the C8 is a complete and total departure from the past. It doesn’t cry out for connections with the past or nostalgia. It is evolutionary, it is revolutionary and perhaps might better be served well by its own dedicated name. Certainly Zora would work since the ME was his vision. There are many other names that just might work as well or better than Stingray.
The following users liked this post:
ShagVette (04-16-2019)
Old 04-16-2019, 06:46 PM
Zora_Vette
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by B747VET
No need to take shots at others moly because they might feel differently than you about the Stingray descriptor. As someone pointed out, it was brought back to the C7 after many years as a connection with the distant past. But, the C8 is a complete and total departure from the past. It doesn’t cry out for connections with the past or nostalgia. It is evolutionary, it is revolutionary and perhaps might better be served well by its own dedicated name. Certainly Zora would work since the ME was his vision. There are many other names that just might work as well or better than Stingray.
But Stingray has already been confirmed

Last edited by Zora_Vette; 04-16-2019 at 08:02 PM.
Old 04-16-2019, 07:58 PM
B747VET
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 862 Likes on 404 Posts

How?? Stingray is the base sub model of the Corvette. You're not making any sense.

But Stingray has already been confirmed
Certainly, try as we might, it is only human for almost any of us to occasionally overreact to criticisms or opposing viewpoints. However, after viewing some of your critical replies in this thread, I decided to go back and take a look at a number of your previous posts in other threads. While you’ve made a number of good points in some past posts, there are also many posts in which you exhibit an apparent need to insult people, often referring to them as lazy, crazy or stupid. Constructive disagreement or debate or counterpoints can often be beneficial to discussions but not sure I comprehend how anyone benefits from a continuing flow of invective or personally demeaning insult.

Last edited by B747VET; 04-16-2019 at 08:01 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by B747VET:
BIG Dave (04-27-2019), BlueDevlZ06 (04-27-2019), CorvettoBrando (04-16-2019), ShagVette (04-16-2019)
Old 04-16-2019, 08:01 PM
Zora_Vette
Melting Slicks

Certainly, try as we might, it is only human for almost any of us to occasionally overreact to criticisms or opposing viewpoints. However, after viewing some of your critical replies in this thread, I decided to go back and take a look at a number of your previous posts in other threads. While you’ve made a number of good points in some past posts, there are also many posts in which you exhibit an apparent need to insult people, often referring to them as lazy, crazy or stupid. Constructive disagreement or debate or counterpoints can often be beneficial to discussions but not sure I comprehend how anyone benefits from a continuing flow of invective or personally demeaning insult.
I just have low patience.
Old 04-16-2019, 08:29 PM
TBIRD57
Race Director

Received 235 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by NBVette4U
So excited! Just came back from my dealer and configured my new Mid Engine Stingray Z51 C8!!!!

Many exciting things:

New exterior and interior colours (see chart)

6 seatbelt colours (Bk, Rd, Yw, Grey, Blue, Tan)

New LT2 Motor 8cyl 6.2L DI AFM VVT H.O Aluminum

New M1L 8 Speed Dual Clutch

6 removable roof panel options

New wheel options

Full Video display mirrors

New 14 Speaker Bose System

New Brake colour edge red

Rear park assist

Side blind spot alert

Tires F245 R305’s

Cross traffic alert

E60 Adjustable Front Lift Height

So many new things I can’t remember them all!!

Great stuff!!

Whew! Wow! Has rekindled my interest big time!
Old 04-16-2019, 09:11 PM
ShagVette
Safety Car

Received 915 Likes on 426 Posts

Simply 19 years old lack of maturity. Hopefully it gets better, not worse, or he's gonna be one hell of a grumpy-*** old man.

I just have low patience.
That is no excuse for being a *****. Seriously, grow the F... up, and learn some manners. Don't you get it, forum members constantly tell you how offensive you are - it's not them, it's you.
The following 2 users liked this post by ShagVette:
BIG Dave (04-27-2019), BlueDevlZ06 (04-27-2019)
Old 04-16-2019, 09:23 PM
meadowz06
Race Director

Received 960 Likes on 572 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09 and '13

Originally Posted by Glenmcp
Why take monitor pictures if an order is real and you have a printed order to copy?
Because it’s a leak from GM. THEY HAVE DONE THIS BEFORE EVERY RELEASE-C5,6,7! They have people on the forum. This I know as fact.
Old 04-26-2019, 12:16 PM
BigNik
Cruising
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 25 Likes on 1 Post
Default Some of you rude, "know it all" genuises should be embarassed.

Now that the C8 has been officially basically announced, you old men, who posted your strangely feminine complaints and sarcasm, should all go back and modify or delete your embarrassing (to yourselves) posts? You were all wrong... Just scan down the screen, at the bizarre posts. Frankly, it is likely that most of you will not be able to afford a new C8 anyway. So, why the endless charade...? Why continually be rude to each other? You would not do so in person, so why do it on line?

Some of us come here, or joined to begin with, to have polite, respectful discussions about a vehicle that we love, that is part of our car collections. However, 99% of you are so old and delusional, that is impossible. And I am going easy on some of you keyboard warriors. You should all be embarrassed.
Old 04-26-2019, 12:25 PM
jcorvair
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Well I went to my dealer and they say the program and website shown in the "leaked" information is not anything that dealers in Canada use. He even pulled up the available models that can be configured and the only 2020 model shown is the Bolt. They too had seen and reviewed the information and said some things don't make sense. I do look forward to seeing what engine and performance level options they make available at the start of factory ordering. For now I wait for weather good enough to drive my C7 more frequently.
Old 04-26-2019, 01:29 PM
C3DeedlyDee
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Atari_Prime
Also...this:

"245/35ZR10 SL"

Maybe a typo sure....if not, it is implying that the car has 10" front rims.

Long live low riders!
All that extra rake for more downforces.

Get notified of new replies

To Just configured my NEW 2020 C8 Mid Engine Stingray Z51!!!!!!!

Old 04-26-2019, 01:36 PM
Stingray Sam
Pro

Received 258 Likes on 101 Posts

I’m confused because...well, let’s see...

Originally Posted by BigNik
Why continually be rude to each other? You would not do so in person, so why do it on line?

But you say...

Now that the C8 has been officially basically announced, you old men, who posted your strangely feminine complaints and sarcasm, should all go back and modify or delete your embarrassing (to yourselves) posts?

You go on to add...

Some of us come here, or joined to begin with, to have polite, respectful discussions about a vehicle that we love...

But continue...

However, 99% of you are so old and delusional, that is impossible. And I am going easy on some of you keyboard warriors.

So, my thought was, if BigNic joined to have polite, respectful discussions, wouldn’t that necessarily require him/her to be polite and respectful?

I never understand the need to demean. In the end, insulting others usually reflects more badly on you than it does on them.

Have a good day. I’ll wave when I see you!
The following 4 users liked this post by Stingray Sam:
BIG Dave (04-27-2019), BlueDevlZ06 (04-27-2019), Red67John (04-28-2019), Ronstar (04-27-2019)
Old 04-26-2019, 01:38 PM
Zora_Vette
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by ShagVette
Simply 19 years old lack of maturity. Hopefully it gets better, not worse, or he's gonna be one hell of a grumpy-*** old man.
Actually I was shooting for the opposite. Be a grumpy young man and be a happy old man.
Old 04-27-2019, 10:32 PM
BlueDevlZ06
Instructor

Received 123 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Stingray Sam
I’m confused because...well, let’s see...

But you say...

You go on to add...

But continue...

So, my thought was, if BigNic joined to have polite, respectful discussions, wouldn’t that necessarily require him/her to be polite and respectful?

I never understand the need to demean. In the end, insulting others usually reflects more badly on you than it does on them.

Have a good day. I’ll wave when I see you!
I was just as confused as u Sam but u nailed it.

Quick Reply: Just configured my NEW 2020 C8 Mid Engine Stingray Z51!!!!!!!