Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Of course GM’s having a ball

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2019, 04:37 PM
1965markaccount
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by LuisZ51
I've always wondered, what happens to all the mules after the release and once sales begin? Not just the Vette but in general other models too.

Usually they are destroyed. There was a tread on here a while back where someone wanted to start a petition to have the mules saved.
The following users liked this post:
LuisZ51 (07-12-2019)
Old 07-13-2019, 12:13 AM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,931 Likes on 1,367 Posts

Originally Posted by roadbike56
Sorry, don't agree with the OP.
Not everyone at GM associated with the C8 is "having a ball". Jobs and careers are hanging on the success of this car. Refundable deposits at dealerships are no guarantee that the C8 will be a hot seller for two years like the C7. No, I don't think the folks at GM are enjoying this yet. They will if the reveal is a big hit and buyers flock to dealerships to put their NON-refundable deposits down on future cars.
Overall, I agree, but I am sure they are getting a few laughs from the posts here and there.

Before the C7 was released there was a thread about the steering wheel not being round and being offset. Of course, it was just the camera angle. Someone said he knew some Corvette people who got a laugh out of it.

Last edited by Michael A; 07-13-2019 at 12:13 AM.
Old 07-13-2019, 06:46 AM
meadowz06
Race Director

Received 960 Likes on 572 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09 and '13

GM has done this with EVERY new generation-C4,C5,C6,C7, and now C8. Most people have just not been around on the forum long enough to know this as fact. GM even has people ON the forum. They are constantly monitoring the forum for feedback.
Old 07-13-2019, 09:55 AM
kdepew
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by bizzy
I think it's safe to say GM is behind the leaks.

I find it hard to believe that all their time testing, camouflaging the car, producing the prototype, nearly a year or so ago, and not a single legitimate leak surfaced of the C8 until suddenly weeks prior to the official launch, photos are being leaked. They are building anticipation, generating buzz (positive or negative), and strengthing their exposure of the C8 to the masses. All these leaks have created mass amounts of buzz throughout the internet, online publishers, youtube, internet forums, Reddit, etc. It's great marketing. Great way to increase your brand awareness and surely translate that audience into actual sales conversions at your local Chevy dealership lol. Sell sell sell, money money money!
As you get closer to production, things happen that increase the likelihood of leaks. A lot more employees of both GM and suppliers have to get involved, and as more people see the car, there are more likely to be leaks.

I seriously doubt GM is intentionally leaking information. Employees may be leaking stuff, but it isn't officially sanctioned by GM. The leaders of the company aren't going to leak infirmation. It would set a horrible precedent for GM employees if it were ever found out they intentionally leaked information. Anything intentionally released is going to go through official channels.

I suspect the official release of the steering wheel picture was a direct result of the leaked interior picture. I am sure GM thought it was better to go ahead and release that picture given the leak. Or maybe they did it just to generate interest ahead of the announce. If they are going to attempt to generate interest, that are going to do it in an official manner.

Some of you guys give GM way too much credit (really it is too little credit).

Quick Reply: Of course GM’s having a ball