Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I the only one that’s worried?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 08:39 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Received 957 Likes on 608 Posts

Originally Posted by C7pimp
Something they did ONCE 35 years ago has no relevance to today. I'm dumbfounded as to why anyone wold think the example of the Fiero in this context could rationally be woven into this conversation.
You would probably understand if you personally met the people who writes this type of irrelevant BS.
The following users liked this post:
gurneyeagle (08-22-2018)
Old 08-21-2018, 08:58 PM
vetteman1981
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by firstvettesoon
Does doing something once equal a habit? ; )

... I must have a lot of habits.
I was thinking the same thing. Also just because you fail at something doesn't mean that you don't try again.
Old 08-22-2018, 12:35 AM
Red08Roadster
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Umm, I'm not worried. And I could dig one of those Fiero - LS conversions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEi6BsV8Bpw​​​​​​
Old 08-22-2018, 09:47 AM
ZEN357
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

I also owned a Fiero. It was an 87 GT V-6 5-Speed. The only option it didn't have was a sunroof. It ran great, but my sister's 84 was a piece of crap. It was a 2M4 and the engine blew and even after GM finally paid to have the Iron Duke put it in it never ran right. She ended up selling it for scrap metal. Was it fair to her? NO!!! It was not fair to anyone that got stuck in that situation from GM's lack of development. Yeah it might be 35 years later but people don't forget. I've owned an 84 Trans-Am, an 87 Fiero, and a 91 Z/28. All good cars, but that doesn't exclude the fact the GM never really has gotten it together compared to their competitors. Maybe it's me but I just can't let that go because of how much turmoil it caused my family and how much money it cost my sister. She paid for that car three times over for all the times it was in the shop. So with that said if you don't like it I don't care cause YOU did NOT go thru it.
Old 08-22-2018, 10:07 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,953 Likes on 5,345 Posts

Originally Posted by JoesC5
Porsche seems to be selling okay with two different platforms(Boxster/Cayman and the 911) as does Ferrari with it's front engine and mid engine platforms.

AMG has the front engine GT and I hear that they are also going to offer a mid engine soon.

• A 1.6-liter V6 hybrid engine with direct injection and electrically assisted turbocharging
  • Four electric motors for a combined 450 kW
  • Total output of over 1,000 horsepower
  • Automated AMG SPEEDSHIFT® 8-speed manual transmission
  • 800-volt EQ Power+ drive system
  • Adjustable ESP® with ON, SPORT HANDLING, and OFF modes
  • 10-spoke forged aluminum wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires
  • Flat-LED headlamps and tail lamps with rhomboid design that echoes the AMG logo
  • Rooftop air intake and vertical shark fin
  • Vertical spoiler lip and two-section rear diffuser
  • Two high-res, free-standing 10-inch displays in the interior of the cabin
  • Formula 1-style steering wheel with integrated controllers and LED shift display
Porsche has modified the 911s they use in GTLM to make them rear mid engine cars Vs rear engine cars so they can keep up with the other mid engine cars. The RSR has the engine mounted in front of the rear axle instead of behind it. That might be a sign of where things are going for all manufacturers.
https://www.porsche.com/usa/eventsan...turesandspecs/
Check line 2 under engine.

Bill.
ArmchairArchitect (08-22-2018)
Old 08-22-2018, 10:15 AM
gurneyeagle
Burning Brakes

Received 630 Likes on 323 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. ice

You would probably understand if you personally met the people who writes this type of irrelevant BS.
Insecure and fears change.

Worried about current value of his C7 - an investment?

First the demise of vinyl tops and fender skirts; now this!

One thing I do ponder - Maybe there is going to now be a Corvette sub-brand. An SUV would be a no-brainer that would outsell the rest of the "line" handily. I wonder if establishing different models wasn't the reason for reintroducing the "Stingray" name?
Old 08-22-2018, 10:33 AM
VaydorVette1
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

With the release of every new bit of info. about the C8 ME (no matter how small), the downward pressure on C7 prices gets greater.
As each day passes towards the official release of the C8 ME, the downward pressure on C7 prices gets greater.

I can feel it.

On the other hand, some people live by the unwritten law that you never buy/own the first year release of a new generation of car.

Last edited by VaydorVette1; 08-22-2018 at 10:40 AM.
Old 08-22-2018, 12:31 PM
Parcival
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 296 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette 1467
Hello everyone, I was just thinking about the ME and GM’s possible FE and ME production. I was thinking is this going to wreck the corvette name of they do this? Or is it going to drive prices of the C7 down even more? If they do this does that mean that ME corvettes will be more expensive than expected? Now I know they have been spotted with mundane brakes and tires but they’re just test mules. (Just to clarify I am not against the mid engine, I am going to buy one regardless.) feel free to add if you agree or disagree!
where I come from, failure is key to achieve success. Hopefully they learned their lessons...
Im more worried abt inexperienced first timers.
Our vettes (except the classics) are depreciating no matter what buddy.

edit: I forgot to highlight that the brilliant C7 program planning came through at one of GM’s darkest hours, post bankruptcy in 2009.

Last edited by Parcival; 08-25-2018 at 03:34 PM.
Old 08-22-2018, 04:42 PM
tbasco 6
Pro

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by VaydorVette1
With the release of every new bit of info. about the C8 ME (no matter how small), the downward pressure on C7 prices gets greater.
As each day passes towards the official release of the C8 ME, the downward pressure on C7 prices gets greater.

I can feel it.

On the other hand, some people live by the unwritten law that you never buy/own the first year release of a new generation of car.
I'm glad the C7s are dropping in value so when my first year production ME is delivered I can tell my wife we're buying outright & keeping the C7 because it's not worth enough to trade in.

vndkshn (08-23-2018)
Old 08-23-2018, 01:11 AM
DaveFerrari458
Melting Slicks

Received 1,985 Likes on 935 Posts

Originally Posted by C7pimp
Something they did ONCE 35 years ago has no relevance to today. I'm dumbfounded as to why anyone wold think the example of the Fiero in this context could rationally be woven into this conversation.
Soooo true!! It's mind boggling how someone could eve fathom this idea in their minds! Please stop this Fiero comparisons!! There is absolutely nothing in common with a 2020 ME Corvette and a car GM produced over 3 decades ago!
Old 08-23-2018, 06:12 AM
CRABBYJ
Safety Car

Received 1,293 Likes on 722 Posts
Unmodified C8 of the Year 2021 Finalist
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

That, and maybe even 40+ years ago. Similar form, different function.

Last edited by CRABBYJ; 08-23-2018 at 06:25 AM.

Quick Reply: Am I the only one that’s worried?