C8 Forced Induction/Nitrous C8 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth

Any nitrous guys out there

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2023, 07:55 PM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

Received 425 Likes on 322 Posts

Default Any nitrous guys out there

Welp I took the bait and worked with Billy from Nitrous Express. To be honest I will likely never use it, but the conversation piece at shows is great. I went with a plate system. Going to put in the 100hp jets in and have a little fun. I am wondering if anyone else has took the plunge. I know there are a few cars on you tube but curious here.
The following 3 users liked this post by teddyca:
64365coupe (01-17-2023), grocerygetter (04-15-2023), jrwood (04-29-2023)
Old 01-29-2023, 04:55 PM
DomLS3
Pro

Received 186 Likes on 116 Posts

I've been thinking about doing the same. I've seen where others have done it but saw that the trans was slipping a bit due to the stock clutches on a 100-150 shot. Let me know your experience with it.
Old 01-30-2023, 04:32 PM
0Cicio Performance
Former Vendor

Received 410 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by teddyca
Welp I took the bait and worked with Billy from Nitrous Express. To be honest I will likely never use it, but the conversation piece at shows is great. I went with a plate system. Going to put in the 100hp jets in and have a little fun. I am wondering if anyone else has took the plunge. I know there are a few cars on you tube but curious here.

We tried up to a 150 shot on our shop car before adding the turbos.

Anything more than a 50 shot and we noticed some slip which got worse as we made more passes. I would try the 100 shot first and see how she handles it.

If it starts slipping let us know we have a solution to get more clamping force out of the factory clutch.

Thanks
Andrew
The following users liked this post:
PhoenixM3 (04-07-2023)
Old 01-30-2023, 04:35 PM
DomLS3
Pro

Originally Posted by Cicio Performance
We tried up to a 150 shot on our shop car before adding the turbos.

Anything more than a 50 shot and we noticed some slip which got worse as we made more passes. I would try the 100 shot first and see how she handles it.

If it starts slipping let us know we have a solution to get more clamping force out of the factory clutch.

Thanks
Andrew
Andrew,

Are there any bluetooth modules out that let you control the nitrous from a phone instead of a switch panel? I'm wanting to add nitrous to my car but don't want to deal with routing wires and stuff to the cabin. I've googled a little bit and didn't find anything but I didn't spend a whole lot of time on it. Would love a bluetooth integration that would let me arm the system, open/close bottles, purge and heat.

Also -- what solution do you have for the clutch slippage? Anything outside of having to upgrade the clutches?

Edit: found it on your website (the Dodson kit). It sounds good. Does this require the module to be programmed to the car in any way or is it just plug and play? I watched the video and didn't hear where it mentioned this. Just want to verify if it's easily removable without any trace of it ever being on the car.

Last edited by DomLS3; 01-30-2023 at 05:15 PM.
Old 01-31-2023, 02:12 PM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

Oh trust me I am dreading the fact I need to drill holes in my new $100K car but it is what it is. I will figure it out. I need to run the main line from the frunk (putting two tanks up front for looks to be honest) to the solenoid in the engine bay. Then I bought a panel that goes in the center console, so all my wiring needs to go to the rear. I have not even looked into all this yet. I have just been ordering parts. I think I have everything I need.

BTW Billy from "Nitrous Express & Snow Performance" has been nothing but the best. His prices are great, customer service even better, and his shipping is lightning fast. I wouldn't look any other direction.
Old 02-08-2023, 07:32 AM
HeadTurner
Racer

Received 77 Likes on 39 Posts

Oh trust me I am dreading the fact I need to drill holes in my new $100K car but it is what it is. I will figure it out. I need to run the main line from the frunk (putting two tanks up front for looks to be honest) to the solenoid in the engine bay. Then I bought a panel that goes in the center console, so all my wiring needs to go to the rear. I have not even looked into all this yet. I have just been ordering parts. I think I have everything I need.

BTW Billy from "Nitrous Express & Snow Performance" has been nothing but the best. His prices are great, customer service even better, and his shipping is lightning fast. I wouldn't look any other direction.

How did this turn out? Do you have any pictures of your set up?
Old 02-08-2023, 12:03 PM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

Man bud I wish I had an answer for you. LOL So ordered the NX kit, a second bottle, gauges, controller, C8 panel, dual bottle bracket, etc... Everything is sitting in my den. LOL Not quite sure when I am going to start the build. Kind of cold in the garage (65 today LOL) as I start plugging away I will update. No intention to go more then a 75hp shot. That clutch kit for slippage is not even a consideration. I have fast cars, this is more for show and to fool around without breaking anything.
Old 03-19-2023, 05:25 PM
The Great C8
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Ever get around to installing the kit?

Anyone have a kit on a C8 I’d love to hear your experience.

Last edited by The Great C8; 03-19-2023 at 09:59 PM.
Old 03-22-2023, 01:25 PM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

LOL I fricking have not. Its cold out here in Norcal and I am lazy. I have the bottles sitting in my den and I look at them daily so the motivation is starting to set in LOL.
Old 03-23-2023, 10:17 AM
Nitrous Express & Snow Performance
Supporting Vendor

Nitrous Express & Snow Performance's Avatar

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

A little motivation for you-
Name:  4ZPQ6Tz.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  279.4 KB
Name:  3mScS7R.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  62.6 KB
The following 4 users liked this post by Nitrous Express & Snow Performance:
BlackVal22 (04-03-2023), HeadTurner (03-23-2023), Mrchen (08-23-2023), PhoenixM3 (04-07-2023)
Old 04-07-2023, 09:43 AM
OKCorvette
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Looking nice. Would love to see the results.
Old 04-10-2023, 11:21 AM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

I would love to see some install pictures myself.
- How did you route the main line from the frunk to the rear? Where did it exit in the front?
- Did you mount the bottle bracket directly to the wall?
- Wiring from cab to rear?
- If I mount the bottles, install plate, install solenoids, and run the lines from the plate to the solenoids but leave the other side open until I am ready will there be any issues?

Basically, get have the kit installed for a show this weekend.
Old 04-11-2023, 12:25 PM
Nitrous Express & Snow Performance
Supporting Vendor

Nitrous Express & Snow Performance's Avatar

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

I would love to see some install pictures myself.
- How did you route the main line from the frunk to the rear? Where did it exit in the front? You will need to drill a hole in the storage compartment and run the line down the tunnel and up the firewall to the solenoid.
- Did you mount the bottle bracket directly to the wall? Yes mounted diretly to the storage compartment.
- Wiring from cab to rear? You'll need to find an access hole from the tunnel to the cab.
- If I mount the bottles, install plate, install solenoids, and run the lines from the plate to the solenoids but leave the other side open until I am ready will there be any issues? No issues just cover the other side up so no dirt gets in them.

Basically, get have the kit installed for a show this weekend.
Answers in quote.
Old 04-11-2023, 01:37 PM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

Thank you kind sir
Old 05-24-2023, 05:19 PM
DomLS3
Pro

Thank you kind sir
did you get the system installed? If so did you do it yourself or have a shop install and if the latter, how much was install cost?
Old 05-24-2023, 05:28 PM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

LOL man I have not touched it since I put the bottle up front and mounted the solenoids. I want to port my TB and instake so looking into that. I also wanted to add a catch can while I am in there and ordered that today. I lag big time. LOL
Old 05-31-2023, 11:45 PM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

O.K. Boys some updates. I have another thread wanting to find answers to the wiring, but I got most of the manual part done. Here is what I will tell you, with my aftermarket intake getting that plate to fit as well was a joke. I decided to take it all apart again. The bottom pass bolt on the tb will have you calling your mama names LOL While I was at it I had a ported LT throttle body that was ported by Tony Mamo on my C7 that I will no longer use, so I tossed it in there for the hell of it. All my research says LT1/2/ are basically the same. In my case they were both 87mm so for whatever thats worth I installed it. While the pictures dont show the factory 6K mile TB from my C8 was a mess. I added a Paragon catch can today while at it. I am keeping the rear open for a couple weeks to see how she acts. If she gets out of line I will put the stock TB back in. Taking the wife to Napa Valley this weekend (if you are from Norcal you know whats up ) so a nice 2 hour drive for us. I want to see how gas mileage and how she acts. The car f@ckers. Next up is wiring and then the magic power button. I have all NX gear so there will be a window switch. I installed 75hp jets to get the party started. Stayed tuned

Last edited by teddyca; 06-01-2023 at 11:28 AM.
HeadTurner (06-03-2023)

Get notified of new replies

To Any nitrous guys out there

Quick Reply: Any nitrous guys out there