C8 Forced Induction/Nitrous C8 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth

Base ECS TT kit testing is finalized and ready for in house installs! 620 RWHP on 6lb

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2022, 11:10 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,090 Likes on 658 Posts

Default Base ECS TT kit testing is finalized and ready for in house installs! 620 RWHP on 6lb

As many of you know we have been testing our C8 TT kit for some time now and we are finally 100% happy with it. We had some up's and downs along the way, our original manifold design wouldn't allow enough boost reduction so that took a few changes to get it just right and some other minor things, but everything is sorted out now and we have a lot of drive time and track time. I'll post up some of those videos later.

So this go around we decided to go in a different direction than usual for ECS. Normally we go right out and try and make the fastest C8 TT or supercharged car, or at least compete in that world, but after 25 years of doing this I finally realized that only represents 1% or less of our customer base. What the average customer wants is an OEM like experience in reliability with greater performance, while just using pump gas like any other car. I think we have really nailed this one hitting every mark.

We will have higher HP packages as well, these turbo's can make a whole lot more power than we are using at the moment. 1000 plus RWHP is still not exercising these turbos to their capability. Those packages will have clutch upgrades included as well, more on those later.

We are in the process of CARB certification, we see no reason it will not pass as no codes or emissions requirements have been tampered with, no check engine lights etc. We will update as that process continues. This lets you know that the car will not stink or leave your clothes smelling like exhaust. OEM like characteristics, just faster. Thanks for your interest!

The following 8 users liked this post by DOUG @ ECS:
blackbird345 (10-26-2022), Cicio Performance (07-01-2022), Dealripper (07-24-2022), DNAST1 (06-30-2022), kimura (06-27-2022), Kracka (06-27-2022), LegoZ (06-27-2022), mjannusch (07-02-2022) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 06-27-2022, 11:57 AM
Kracka
Le Mans Master

Received 5,789 Likes on 2,950 Posts

Very cool, good luck on the CARB certification! Sounds absolutely wicked. Right of the bat one thing I do see that they will likely flag is the catch-can with vent filter. I can't tell if the BOVs are recirculated or dump to atmosphere, but that could potentially be one other thing they raise issue with.
Old 06-27-2022, 12:16 PM
DOUG @ ECS

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321

Originally Posted by Kracka
Very cool, good luck on the CARB certification! Sounds absolutely wicked. Right of the bat one thing I do see that they will likely flag is the catch-can with vent filter. I can't tell if the BOVs are recirculated or dump to atmosphere, but that could potentially be one other thing they raise issue with.
Good catch, we had the catch can on it along with the meth injection when it was making 830 rwhp, it's not needed at this level, or at least not a vented one. We're going to remove the meth intake and catch can for the base kits and that's how it will be sent to S.Cal for testing.
The following 2 users liked this post by DOUG @ ECS:
123sugey (06-27-2022), Kracka (06-27-2022)
Old 06-27-2022, 09:17 PM
HAMBO
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 29 Posts

Very exciting! Congrats on getting the system ready to go.

Will this fit an HTC?

The following users liked this post:
DOUG @ ECS (06-30-2022)
Old 06-28-2022, 02:21 AM
Foehammer
Instructor

Received 94 Likes on 50 Posts

Very interested! I love my C8, but the 60-130 performance is lacking. Following and definitely interested. I’m waiting for price and performance numbers from Ligenfelter system as well.
Old 06-28-2022, 05:52 AM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 100 Posts

Great to see this kit progressing, esp with the time and effort but into making it right. Are the headers tubular or did you get the casting sorted? Also is there good air flow to the turbos from the side pods? Cant wait to see this on turned up!

PS. Love the nine standard location for the exhaust. Very F40, GT3 cup car, Zonda!
Old 06-28-2022, 09:03 AM
jasinedward
Instructor

Received 137 Likes on 69 Posts

This is a great looking kit! I've been looking into the Cicio kit as well. My main problem is I'm located in Tampa. Do you hasve any installers you can recommend in the area?
Old 06-29-2022, 09:57 AM
godzilladude
Pro

Received 114 Likes on 51 Posts

Ballpark on installed price?
wildbreg (06-30-2022)
Old 06-30-2022, 12:50 PM
DOUG @ ECS

Originally Posted by HAMBO
Very exciting! Congrats on getting the system ready to go.

Will this fit an HTC?
It will as all the parts are below the cross braces above the engine. However we do not have enough testing to see if we can turn it up over this power lever yet due to heat issues. We will figure it out though, we just haven't crossed that bridge yet. Thanks for your interest!

Originally Posted by Foehammer
Very interested! I love my C8, but the 60-130 performance is lacking. Following and definitely interested. I’m waiting for price and performance numbers from Ligenfelter system as well.
Thanks, I feel the same way, the C8 takes off hard but then kind of goes flat. Granted I'm HP jaded, but it just doesn't pull hard enough. Until now...

Originally Posted by chuntington101
Great to see this kit progressing, esp with the time and effort but into making it right. Are the headers tubular or did you get the casting sorted? Also is there good air flow to the turbos from the side pods? Cant wait to see this on turned up!

PS. Love the nine standard location for the exhaust. Very F40, GT3 cup car, Zonda!
Thanks, we did not rush this to market, we don't care about being a you tube star or any of that, we just wanted it perfect and have the CARB stuff in the works before releasing it. We have over a year of drive time now and every bug has been squashed. It's go time!! Oh and the manifolds are stainless headers well heat wrapped. Air flow to the filters is huge with those side ports, way better than any other forced induction kit we offer.

Originally Posted by jasinedward
This is a great looking kit! I've been looking into the Cicio kit as well. My main problem is I'm located in Tampa. Do you hasve any installers you can recommend in the area?
We are only doing in house installs at the moment, we have to write up instructions etc so we probably won't sell them over the counter for a while yet. We do have carriers that we use often though, we would be happy to send you a quote for the car picked up, completed and dropped back off to your door if you like? If so please email us at sales@eastcoastsupercharging.com

Originally Posted by godzilladude
Ballpark on installed price?
Unfortunately there is nothing cheap about putting turbos on a C8, we are only using top shelf parts for these kits so this package is 29k with a 1 year warranty. Long gone are the days of a cheap forced induction option, but this is as close to OEM in my opinion as you are going to get. There is zero lag with the turbos there, big air to water intercooler that keeps IATs super low- like surprisingly low, no oiling issues or loud pumps buzzing in your ear, factory cats are in place after the turbos and the factory exhaust or any of the aftermarket exhausts work and fit as stock would.

Thanks for your interest guys, it's an exciting time here at ECS as we have been working on this forever it feels like.

Last edited by DOUG @ ECS; 06-30-2022 at 01:18 PM.
Old 06-30-2022, 06:26 PM
Corvettemac
Racer

Received 106 Likes on 65 Posts

Cant wait to get my Eray done . IM probably figuring the BCM might partially control the Electric Hybrid motors in the front . Have to wait another 9-12 months or so until they become available at the earliest . Kit looks great .
DOUG @ ECS (07-01-2022)
Old 06-30-2022, 08:04 PM
7LitreC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 647 Likes on 388 Posts

Very nicely done!
DOUG @ ECS (07-01-2022)
Old 07-08-2022, 01:43 PM
1%r
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03 through '17

29K is a reasonable price for supply and install. have you looked into any reverse split turbo cams yet?
Old 07-08-2022, 11:31 PM
BoosTTed C6
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

Yesterday I made a trip to ECS to check on the revisions to my C6 and bring some bagels to the boys.

While I was there, Alex was nice enough to take me for a ride in the TT C8. Prior to the ride, I poked around under the hood. Really nice fit, finish and appearance. Looks like it could be OEM.

We took a 10 mile spin shortly after a light rain. The weather did not deter “spirited” driving. It spools up quickly and plants you firmly in the chair as soon as the throttle is modulated. Shifts are fast and crisp. WOT was surprising as it made traction despite damp conditions and felt much faster than 625 whpr (and my butt dyno is finely tuned). What was really impressive was low end response (it pulls nicely in 5th gear from low rpm’s) with abundant passing power irrespective of downshifting. Driveability and street manners were as if it was unmodified.

This package is so nice that, for the first time, I want a C8. I can’t wait to see how far this platform and the ECS setup can be pushed.
The following 2 users liked this post by BoosTTed C6:
DOUG @ ECS (07-11-2022), wallyj (07-09-2022)
Old 07-11-2022, 12:52 PM
DOUG @ ECS

Originally Posted by 1%r
29K is a reasonable price for supply and install. have you looked into any reverse split turbo cams yet?

Everything has to be 100% emissions legal so I do not see any cam shaft swaps in the near future unfortunately Jay. I hope life is treating you well, been a long time since your C5 TT build!
Old 07-11-2022, 05:19 PM
1%r
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03 through '17

everything on this end is good, hope the same with the family and yourself. yes, it's been a long time and the last i heard the car is still in service out west

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
Everything has to be 100% emissions legal so I do not see any cam shaft swaps in the near future unfortunately Jay. I hope life is treating you well, been a long time since your C5 TT build!

Get notified of new replies

To Base ECS TT kit testing is finalized and ready for in house installs! 620 RWHP on 6lb

Quick Reply: Base ECS TT kit testing is finalized and ready for in house installs! 620 RWHP on 6lb