C8 Forced Induction/Nitrous C8 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth

And so it begins, C8 twin turbo kit at ECS

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2021, 11:08 PM
grocerygetter
Burning Brakes

Received 96 Likes on 86 Posts

Someone somewhere wants it faster
Old 01-27-2021, 07:50 AM
vrybad
Le Mans Master

Received 708 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by Display333
I agree 1000 percent!!!

can this much work , money, effort, unreliabilty, warranty voiding and all the rest possibly be worth it??? what are you going to gain? is there an true upside? who are you going to "beat"... and do you get paid for that?

where can you use quicker that 3.0 seconds to 60 mph... or higher big end than 185 ish?

if you really want something quicker for some reason... shouldnt you just buy a real race car for 1/2 the money... and not ruin a beautiful corvette?

just askin....
Some people can afford whatever they want while others may have to make that very decision.
Different strokes for different folks...
There is no absolute right or wrong answer for that question.

Last edited by vrybad; 01-27-2021 at 07:51 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 01-27-2021, 07:08 PM
MARSC6
Le Mans Master

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

I agree 1000 percent!!!

can this much work , money, effort, unreliabilty, warranty voiding and all the rest possibly be worth it??? what are you going to gain? is there an true upside? who are you going to "beat"... and do you get paid for that?

where can you use quicker that 3.0 seconds to 60 mph... or higher big end than 185 ish?

if you really want something quicker for some reason... shouldnt you just buy a real race car for 1/2 the money... and not ruin a beautiful corvette?

just askin....
Who races to 60mph? I care more about getting to 150 and in stock form it will be disappointing.
The following users liked this post:
mobius (02-06-2021)
Old 02-03-2021, 10:47 AM
MysteryMob
Pro

Received 180 Likes on 128 Posts

I agree 1000 percent!!!

just askin....
Would you like to share your background on modified cars or the fastest car you've owned? I ask because someone that has modified cars would realize you can use that extra power everywhere, every time you drive. It's not just about having a slightly faster 0-60, bragging about a quicker quarter mile, or being able to raise your top speed.
Old 02-03-2021, 11:52 AM
Display333
Racer

Received 187 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by MysteryMob
Would you like to share your background on modified cars or the fastest car you've owned? I ask because someone that has modified cars would realize you can use that extra power everywhere, every time you drive. It's not just about having a slightly faster 0-60, bragging about a quicker quarter mile, or being able to raise your top speed.
can’t believe I am answering this… But all the fun has gone out of discussing politics on the Internet and being retired I have plenty of time

The direct answer to your question is I do not have personal experience with modifying toys… Whether they be offshore boats dirt bikes snowmobiles or road cars

my experience with all of those toys goes back over four decades ... and of course many friends with all of those same toys along the way

i’ve had a string of Corvettes and Porsches and Acura NSX and Mercedes AMG etc. drove isn early Z 28 in high school

of course I have to take issue with you when you say that you can use faster than 0 to 60 and more power than it takes you to get to 185 miles an hour every time you drive

I would suggest. That you can rarely if ever use it .

modifying machinery… And heaven knows I’ve seen tons of it over the years in every recreational discipline you can imagine… Always ends spectacularly bad and expensive !!!

everybody thinks they know better than the engineers who designed the machinery in the first place that is often not the case

ridiculous sums of money and time are spent to get an increase in performance that is often so minor it can only be registered by an accurate instrument rather than seat of the pants .

so I will go back to my original statement ...

if you can’t use the power and speed and you can’t figure out a way to get paid to modify your piece of machinery… What in the world is the point ?

you can barely feel it and it generally is not legal or prudent to use it

it’s generally tremendously expensive and almost always ends up in tears

it’s really very very simple math you take one look at what it cost and then dial in the fact that it cuts reliability tremendously and the overall value of the machine tremendously and… Unless you don’t work very hard for your money and have no respect for that money you can’t really justify modifying a vehicle that is already faster than you can reasonably use

Old 02-03-2021, 12:26 PM
MysteryMob
Pro

As I expected. Thank you for answering.
DOUG @ ECS (02-03-2021)
Old 02-03-2021, 02:14 PM
Racer X
Le Mans Master

Received 4,378 Likes on 2,069 Posts

can’t believe I am answering this… But all the fun has gone out of discussing politics on the Internet and being retired I have plenty of time

The direct answer to your question is I do not have personal experience with modifying toys… Whether they be offshore boats dirt bikes snowmobiles or road cars

if you can’t use the power and speed and you can’t figure out a way to get paid to modify your piece of machinery… What in the world is the point ?

it’s really very very simple math you take one look at what it cost and then dial in the fact that it cuts reliability tremendously and the overall value of the machine tremendously and… Unless you don’t work very hard for your money and have no respect for that money you can’t really justify modifying a vehicle that is already faster than you can reasonably use
Do you wear a plastic Timex digital watch? I mean why even wear that, you probably have a phone that keeps the time as good as any watch and the numbers can be bigger.

People buy tings they like because they want to, even if they can't use the capabilities to their fullest.

People modify things because they want to, they get satisfaction from it. It is only a waste of money if they have a better use for the money or they can't support their household. You really cannot take it with you.
maustin195 (02-03-2021)
Old 02-03-2021, 02:17 PM
vrybad
Le Mans Master

Received 708 Likes on 391 Posts

my experience with all of those toys goes back over four decades ... and of course many friends with all of those same toys along the way

i’ve had a string of Corvettes and Porsches and Acura NSX and Mercedes AMG etc. drove isn early Z 28 in high school

of course I have to take issue with you when you say that you can use faster than 0 to 60 and more power than it takes you to get to 185 miles an hour every time you drive

modifying machinery… And heaven knows I’ve seen tons of it over the years in every recreational discipline you can imagine… Always ends spectacularly bad and expensive !!!

everybody thinks they know better than the engineers who designed the machinery in the first place that is often not the case

ridiculous sums of money and time are spent to get an increase in performance that is often so minor it can only be registered by an accurate instrument rather than seat of the pants .

A lot of generalizations in this quote.

You happen to be of the mind to leave everything alone, as the manufacturer designs something.
That's great.....for you.

Many of us happen to be of the mind that we like to personalize things that we buy, particularly cars.
I've seen people put $1,000's into restoring old vehicles that really have no collectible value in the grand scheme of things, but they enjoyed doing it.
It meant something personal to them, for whatever reason.

What's the point?

The point is that there is no right solution that fits everyone and since we are all individuals with different desires, it is easy for many of us to justify our choices when it comes to modding vehicles.

As long as each of us is happy with our choices, that is what matters.
Old 02-03-2021, 06:11 PM
wallyj
Burning Brakes

Received 59 Likes on 34 Posts

Default p

if you are not interested in this, why not just stay off the thread? This is a supporting vendor thread to inform those of us who are interested in their products. Go make your own thread about how silly it is to modify your car.

The following 3 users liked this post by wallyj:
Cicio Performance (08-29-2022), DOUG @ ECS (02-03-2021), maustin195 (02-04-2021)
Old 02-05-2021, 09:17 AM
NICK YOSKIN
Le Mans Master

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Hey here is my view on all this discussion about moddin or not moddin and it is very simple!

If it makes you happy then go for it.

PERIOD END OF STORY.

Last edited by NICK YOSKIN; 02-05-2021 at 09:18 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by NICK YOSKIN:
DOUG @ ECS (02-05-2021), FreddyG (03-01-2021), grocerygetter (02-06-2021), Racer86 (02-05-2021)
Old 02-06-2021, 11:47 AM
mobius
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I agree 1000 percent!!!

just askin....

0-60 people lol

When someone quotes those times u know they have no idea what they are talking about. Buy a Camry and **** off.
The following 3 users liked this post by mobius:
grocerygetter (02-06-2021), Prop Job (02-07-2021), VetteWanted (04-08-2021)
Old 02-08-2021, 12:35 PM
NICK YOSKIN
Le Mans Master

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by mobius
0-60 people lol

when someone quotes those times u know they have no idea what they are talking about. Buy a camry and **** off.

so true!
Old 02-08-2021, 03:53 PM
MysteryMob
Pro

Originally Posted by mobius
0-60 people lol

When someone quotes those times u know they have no idea what they are talking about. Buy a Camry and **** off.
I like where he wrote a novella to essentially state he had absolutely no experience with modified cars, outside of magazine 0-60s times and Fast and Furious movies, but had to tell everyone how they've ruined reliability and it's not worth it.
Old 02-08-2021, 05:37 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,090 Likes on 658 Posts

My personal Vette is a 19 Z06, I just broke 14k on a ride home from Miami, in a snowstorm from NC on to NJ. It has seen the pacific ocean, Washington St, Oregon, Montana, Idaho, N.D. S.D. and Wyoming, tons of National parks, then onto to Maine, VT NH RI, NY Yet my "ruined" 9-second car that lifts the tires on the drag strip and pulls away from a stock ZR1 on the road course is simply unreliable I tell you!!!

Display333, be honest, did this go the way you thought it would?
The following 6 users liked this post by DOUG @ ECS:
bbc=540 (02-08-2021), Craigster05 (07-04-2021), jbradleyz (02-08-2021), red03vette (03-18-2021), vetteandv (02-09-2021), wallyj (02-08-2021) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-08-2021, 06:11 PM
MysteryMob
Pro

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
My personal Vette is a 19 Z06, I just broke 14k on a ride home from Miami, in a snowstorm from NC on to NJ. It has seen the pacific ocean, Washington St, Oregon, Montana, Idaho, N.D. S.D. and Wyoming, tons of National parks, then onto to Maine, VT NH RI, NY Yet my "ruined" 9-second car that lifts the tires on the drag strip and pulls away from a stock ZR1 on the road course is simply unreliable I tell you!!!

Display333, be honest, did this go the way you thought it would?
I bet you can't even feel the difference and your car is probably currently on fire.
DOUG @ ECS (02-09-2021)
Old 02-16-2021, 01:10 PM
Shinobi'sZ
Le Mans Master

Received 440 Likes on 237 Posts

I agree 1000 percent!!!

just askin....
You obviously don't understand Corvettes and the Forced Induction section on this forum, or the people who mod their cars for better performance.
Old 02-16-2021, 03:26 PM
qwiketz
Melting Slicks

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Our fun starts at 60...

let’s get this thread back on track!
red03vette (03-25-2021)

Get notified of new replies

To And so it begins, C8 twin turbo kit at ECS

Old 03-30-2021, 03:37 PM
LSX228R
Pro

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

Any updates on when theses will be tune-able?

Last edited by LSX228R; 03-30-2021 at 03:37 PM.
Old 03-30-2021, 04:32 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,090 Likes on 658 Posts

Originally Posted by LSX228R
Any updates on when theses will be tune-able?

There are some piggy back options available but we cannot CARB cert it that way, so for now we are still on hold.

We did pull the engine today to come up with some forging options and a billet clutch assembly.
RobWilson (04-04-2021)
Old 03-31-2021, 02:36 PM
LSX228R
Pro

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
There are some piggy back options available but we cannot CARB cert it that way, so for now we are still on hold.

We did pull the engine today to come up with some forging options and a billet clutch assembly.

Nice. Can't wait to see these cars hit 750 + wheel after tuning.

Quick Reply: And so it begins, C8 twin turbo kit at ECS