C8 ERay/Hybrid/EV Discussion ERay/Hybrid/EV Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Vibe Motorsports

What Parts are you buying Before you take delivery?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2024, 11:12 AM
ERay2024
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts
Default What Parts are you buying Before you take delivery?

What parts/options/upgrades are you buying BEFORE you take delivery of your ERay?

1. I have purchased Front Radiator Grills, but might return them because they are not full height when you remove the front license bracket molding (for track use). Not that I am going to be using it on the track, but I think the car looks better without it. And yes, in Texas we are supposed to have. Front license plates.
2. Side Radiator Grills
3. Floor Mats - (I forgot to order them in. The build)

After Delivery: (due to fitment and/or non-returnable items after 30 days of purchase)

4. Carbon Fiber Front Grill
5. Carbon Fiber Door and Side Air Intake “Y” pieces

Still on the Fence:
Exposed Carbon Fiber Rear wing - Not a fan of the High Wing, haven’t see a lower (other than the factory) exposed carbon fiber wing that I like.
Exposed CF Mirror Caps
Convex Mirrors
Frunk & Trunk Mats
Old 02-16-2024, 01:34 PM
MerakiAutoworks
Supporting Vendor

Received 588 Likes on 519 Posts

We have a lot of people ordering wheels before they're getting their cars.

-Josh
The following users liked this post:
C8-Muttering-Mutt (02-20-2024)
Old 02-16-2024, 03:13 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,647 Likes on 6,646 Posts

Originally Posted by ERay2024
What parts/options/upgrades are you buying BEFORE you take delivery of your ERay?

1. I have purchased Front Radiator Grills, but might return them because they are not full height when you remove the front license bracket molding (for track use). Not that I am going to be using it on the track, but I think the car looks better without it. And yes, in Texas we are supposed to have. Front license plates.
2. Side Radiator Grills

After Delivery: (due to fitment and/or non-returnable items after 30 days of purchase)

Still on the Fence:
Exposed Carbon Fiber Rear wing - Not a fan of the High Wing, haven’t see a lower (other than the factory) exposed carbon fiber wing that I like.
Exposed CF Mirror Caps
Convex Mirrors
Frunk & Trunk Mats
Have already:
  • GM Jake Weather Mats (just got shipping notice today.) Total price with shipping $180- cheaper than ordering with car. They have been backordered.)
  • I did order the GM Scrape Armor Grill guards with the car as they require the dealer to remove bumper! Not something I wanted to tackle.
  • Griot's Black Satin Tire Dressing
  • Griot's Synthetic Clar Bar
  • New Zaino Z-2 Polish and Clear Seal. (Ready to wash and polish day one when I get it home.) Won't allow dealer to wash!
  • Silicone License Plate Holder
  • Three M14 X 8" Lug Extensors (Help Prevent damage to expensive CCB Rotors when removing wheel. Already brought to Dealer Tech who will do my PDI and Mesh Install.)
  • Verbatim 64 GB Flash Drive for songs
  • Lexar 1667x SD Card for PDR
  • Set of Cacti Pic Tire Valve Covers
  • Trillium Tinted Sunshade to put on driver's sun visor.
  • Have matching Green Cacti Color Hat as well as official GM Logo Hat!
All expenses kept in Excel Spreadsheet.
Future:
  • Ready to install my Dash Mount Radar Detector with wires hidden that I removed from my sold 2020 C8.
  • Planning to buy Splash Guards when someone makes. ACS says close!
  • Biggest concern is the 3/4 length side skirts leaving last 25% and in front of rear wheel wells exposed to rocks. Will probably have small piece of PPF (which I don't like) installed.
  • I have Lift ordered (should be on car now in BG lot and lonely!) and will probably get an ABS Painted Carbon Flash Splitter I'll install.
  • Will install small Dear Whistles removed from 2020 C8.
  • Depending on how well the CCB brakes stop with ambient temp pads may buy Carbotech 1521 Street Only pads. Their engineer says they are compatible with CCB Rotors, and they stop great with ambient temp pads just as 1521 pads I have installed now on 3 prior Vettes. Not for Tracking, Max temps 800/900 F.

Last edited by JerryU; 02-17-2024 at 06:08 AM.
Old 02-17-2024, 01:40 AM
purple heart
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts

Default Parts already ordered

Almost too many to list (but man is this fun!):

1. Borla exhaust system, S-type so as to operate exactly like the OEM Performance Exhaust-will be installed by selling dealership after PDI.
2. HallTech Cold Air Intake-installed by dealer after PDI.
3. Exhaust heat shields.
4. Dealer to paint the brake calipers the same blue paint that's on the C6 ZR1 to match the NEW electric blue stripe for E-Rays only after PDI.
5. Edges of the side intake openings will be wrapped in the same color as the electric blue stripe. (taking the option for the body colored accents around the car instead of Black Carbon Flash.)
6. Having the dealer install the F! flashing 3rd brake lite.
7. Purchased body colored filler panels for both Frunk hood and the inside of the HTC with geometric blue stripes again the match the electric blue stripe.
8. After I get the car I will order the Show Car sign that fits perfectly in the front trunk in the frunk!
9. Purchased OEM Polished wheels from the factory so I purchased Black Titanium wheel lugs and black AM wheel locks.
10. Purchased Custom made engine cover from RPI.
11. Purchased custom painted "Corvette" letters for the back bumper to match the electric blue stripe.
12. Purchased 2 Corvette Logos in Black.
13. Purchased 4 Premium body colored Splash Guards to match color of the car.
14. Purchased 4 cap colorized set in blue for fluid containers.
15. Will be purchasing real Carbon Fiber for the Gauge Cluster and switch panels on both doors and for the Mode Switch.
16. 2 extra E-Ray emblems with blue back round.
17. Will purchase the 3-piece Carbon Fiber dash pad cover trim kit.
18. Dealer to tint windows for me after PDI.
19. Front screens from factory and will purchased side vent screens as soon as they become available.
20. 3-Piece front splitter from Next-Gen Speed.

And that's about it for now....to be continued......(lol)

Last edited by purple heart; 03-03-2024 at 02:05 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by purple heart:
drul (02-24-2024), ERay2024 (02-21-2024), RPIDON (02-17-2024)
Old 02-17-2024, 01:43 AM
purple heart
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts

Default Ccb

Originally Posted by JerryU
Have already:
  • GM Jake Weather Mats (just got shipping notice today.) Total price with shipping $180- cheaper than ordering with car. They have been backordered.)
  • I did order the GM Scrape Armor Grill guards with the car as they require the dealer to remove bumper! Not something I wanted to tackle.
  • Griot's Black Satin Tire Dressing
  • Griot's Synthetic Clar Bar
  • New Zaino Z-2 Polish and Clear Seal. (Ready to wash and polish day one when I get it home.) Won't allow dealer to wash!
  • Silicone License Plate Holder
  • Three M14 X 8" Lug Extensors (Help Prevent damage to expensive CCB Rotors when removing wheel. Already brought to Dealer Tech who will do my PDI and Mesh Install.)
  • Verbatim 64 GB Flash Drive for songs
  • Lexar 1667x SD Card for PDR
  • Set of Cacti Pic Tire Valve Covers
  • Trillium Tinted Sunshade to put on driver's sun visor.
  • Have matching Green Cacti Color Hat as well as official GM Logo Hat!
Future:
  • Ready to install my Dash Mount Radar Detector with wires hidden that I removed from my sold 2020 C8.
  • Planning to buy Splash Guards when someone makes. ACS says close!
  • Biggest concern is the 3/4 length side skirts leaving last 25% and in front of rear wheel wells exposed to rocks. Will probably have small piece of PPF (which I don't like) installed.
  • I have Lift ordered (should be on car now in BG lot and lonely!) and will probably get an ABS Painted Carbon Flash Splitter I'll install.
  • Will install small Dear Whistles removed from 2020 C8.
  • Depending on how well the CCB brakes stop with ambient temp pads may buy Carbotech 1521 Street Only pads. Their engineer says they are compatible with CCB Rotors, and they stop great with ambient temp pads just as 1521 pads I have installed now on 3 prior Vettes.
I never heard of CCB's having difficulty to slow down or stop the car...?
Old 02-20-2024, 10:18 PM
C8-Muttering-Mutt
Instructor

Received 70 Likes on 39 Posts

hf wheels
Old 02-21-2024, 01:03 AM
ERay2024
Instructor

Originally Posted by purple heart
Almost too many to list (but man is this fun!):

1. Borla exhaust system, S-type so as to operate exactly like the OEM Performance Exhaust-will be installed by selling dealership after PDI.
2. HallTech Cold Air Intake-installed by dealer after PDI.
3. Exhaust heat shields.
4. Dealer to paint the brake calipers the same blue paint that's on the C6 ZR1 to match the NEW electric blue stripe for E-Rays only after PDI.
5. Edges of the side intake openings will be wrapped in the same color as the electric blue stripe. (taking the option for the body colored accents around the car instead of Black Carbon Flash.)
6. Having the dealer install the F! flashing 3rd brake lite.
7. Purchased body colored filler panels for both Frunk hood and the inside of the HTC with geometric blue stripes again the match the electric blue stripe.
8. After I get the car I will order the Show Car sign that fits perfectly in the front trunk in the frunk!
9. Purchased OEM Polished wheels from the factory so I purchased Black Titanium wheel lugs and black AM wheel locks.
10. Purchased Custom made engine cover from RPI.
11. Purchased custom painted "Corvette" letters for the back bumper to match the electric blue stripe.
12. Purchased 2 Corvette Logos in Black.
13. Purchased 4 Premium body colored Splash Guards to match color of the car.
14. Purchased 4 cap colorized set in blue for fluid containers.
15. Will be purchasing real Carbon Fiber for the Gauge Cluster and switch panels on both doors and for the Mode Switch.
16. 2 extra E-Ray emblems with blue back round.
17. Will purchase the 3-piece Carbon Fiber dash pad cover trim kit.
18. Dealer to tint windows for me after PDI.
19. Front screens from factory and will purchased side vent screens.
20. 3-Piece front splitter from Next-Gen Speed.

And that's about it for now....to be continued......(lol)
Can't wait to see it. Should be awsome with all the Blue accents.
Old 02-21-2024, 08:02 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by purple heart
I never heard of CCB's having difficulty to slow down or stop the car...?
Many comments if you google. Will get from BMW, Porsche as well as Vettes.

Most relate to stops with ambient temp pads, i.e. before they are warm. Typical of race pads.
This is a graph of coefficient of friction of Hawk street only and one of their 8+ race pads.

Carbotech 1521 Street only pads are similar. Their many race pads, like Hawk, say need to be 300 to 400F to stop well. No problem when Tracking. I had great performance on my 2014 C7 Z51 with Carbotech low dust 1521 street only pads. I bought cheap low dust pads for my 2017 Grand Sport that advertise their pads as
'Resist Fade to 1500F." Stopped fine when pads were warm. But there is NO pad material that stop great at rom temp and 1500F! Stops were so poor at ambient temp for my need I tossed them at ~900 miles and installed 1521's. As expected, with it's 6 piston front calipers the Grand Sport stopped great with room temp pads, even better than my 2014 C7 Z51. Installed 1521s on my C8 Z51. BTW there are other forum members who found and posted the same poor ambient temp performance.

There are posts of folks using 1521 street only pads on their C7 CCBs. So I talked with a Carbotech engineer who said the 1521 pads are compatible with CCB rotors and they perform just like on steel rotors. They make them with the required recess to install the pad electrical wear sensors. They must be installed as required to be plugged into the electrical circuit.

So as I stated, I'll use a break-in bedding process and see how the CCBs stop in my somewhat unique situation. Every time I leave our rural road I have to merge into often heavy traffic going ~70 mph from a stop sign onto a 4 lane divided highway. Soon after I make an aggressive stop to turn on a rural road with no shoulder. Don't want cars, pick-up, RV;s (going to Myrtle Beach) or worse the loaded log trucks going to the papermill to have to slow excessively for me! So I brake aggressively and make that 90 degree turn! We'll see how the CCB's do!

Last edited by JerryU; 02-21-2024 at 08:50 AM.
Old 02-21-2024, 02:30 PM
dw886
Advanced

Received 31 Likes on 17 Posts

2. Side Radiator Grills

Still on the Fence:
Exposed CF Mirror Caps
Convex Mirrors
Frunk & Trunk Mats
Which radiator grills did you go with? Curious if they require removing the bumper like the Scrape Armor ones do - just doing some research and trying to make an informed decision.
Old 02-21-2024, 03:27 PM
ERay2024
Instructor

Originally Posted by dw886
Which radiator grills did you go with? Curious if they require removing the bumper like the Scrape Armor ones do - just doing some research and trying to make an informed decision.
I ordered
Custom Car Grills on Amazon Custom Car Grills on Amazon
. But I have returned them.

I was doing a lot of research and found:
Scrape Armor - Expensive, but uses mounting hardware. No or only a few Zip Ties. But you have to remove front bumper.
Customer Car Grills Direct Site - Much cheaper and says the "Please note: The short mesh piece for the bumper with the front plate bracket equipped can be installed with the bumper still on the vehicle. The taller mesh piece designed for the front bumper with the front plate bracket removed may require bumper removal to install."
Radiator Grill Store - Middle of the road price, Nice Install videos. They have installation Videos showing Installation of the high center screen WITHOUT removing the front bumper.

I went with RGS. Call Eric over there. Nice guy. Parts are all Made in America. The also have the Side Grill screens. I ordered both at the same time. Even before I get my ERay. Eric said he would forgo the 30 day limit on returns, as long as you let him know before you order.

Last edited by ERay2024; 02-21-2024 at 04:05 PM.
Old 02-21-2024, 03:38 PM
Bob MacLean
Instructor

Received 88 Likes on 52 Posts

The smoked clear bridge between spoilers, it was cheaper online than as an option.

Old 02-21-2024, 03:44 PM
Bob MacLean
Instructor

I ordered Custom Car Grills on Amazon. But I have returned them.

Scrape Armor - Expensive, but uses mounting hardware. No or only a few Zip Ties. But you have to remove front bumper.
Customer Car Grills Direct Site - Much cheaper and says the "Please note: The short mesh piece for the bumper with the front plate bracket equipped can be installed with the bumper still on the vehicle. The taller mesh piece designed for the front bumper with the front plate bracket removed may require bumper removal to install."
Radiator Grill Store - Middle of the road price, Nice Install videos. They have installation Videos showing Installation of the high center screen WITHOUT removing the front bumper.

I think I will go with RGS. The also have the Side Grill screens.
Yes RGS, no bumper removal! My plan.. had similar on my 2020.
Old 02-21-2024, 04:43 PM
dw886
Advanced

Originally Posted by Bob MacLean
Yes RGS, no bumper removal! My plan.. had similar on my 2020.
I'm blown away by how difficult it is to get these in there now that I've watched a handful of videos. I'd really like to have them, I don't really like the zip-tie approach, but I also don't want some random tech pulling the front bumper off of a brand new vehicle after removing about 50 screws, the tires, and the wheel liners. Wow.
Old 02-21-2024, 05:25 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

I ordered Custom Car Grills on Amazon. But I have returned them.

I went with RGS. Call Eric over there. Nice guy. Parts are all Made in America. The also have the Side Grill screens. I ordered both at the same time. Even before I get my ERay. Eric said he would forgo the 30 day limit on returns, as long as you let him know before you order.
Your missing one from Paragon Performance. Their aluminum (not plastic) mesh, 3 pieces like Scrape Armor and uses similar attachment method. They use 3M tape attached brackets and screws versus plastic rivets with Scrape Armor. Neither use any wire tires. Paragon are $549. BUT like Scrape Amor have to remove bumper.

I have looked at both Scrape Armor and Paragon Video several times. Paragon removes the front wheels and full inner liner. So better view of what's needed to remove bumper.

Watching the RGS video you see how difficult it is to install. In addition theirs are plastic. The video shows bending and twisting the plastic mesh to get it in. Although they say can hide the wire ties NOT easy. Unlike the Base C8 grill that is not very deep the large openings in the Z06 and E-Ray gill are deep and will show even if you push the end under ,the tie will show.

But watching them bend the plastic does make you wonder how difficult it is to get the Custom Car Grills in place. Their mesh is very ridged, will not bend or twist much. I was able to hind all wire ties on my 2020 C8 totally hidden beyond the grill. Not possible from watching the how to video's.

Last edited by JerryU; 02-22-2024 at 06:04 AM.
The following users liked this post:
AFNikki (03-02-2024)
Old 02-21-2024, 07:55 PM
Bob MacLean
Instructor

I'm blown away by how difficult it is to get these in there now that I've watched a handful of videos. I'd really like to have them, I don't really like the zip-tie approach, but I also don't want some random tech pulling the front bumper off of a brand new vehicle after removing about 50 screws, the tires, and the wheel liners. Wow.
I had the plastic ones (as only ones in 2020) with ties on my 2020 and you cant see them.
I'm also on the "nobody is taking the front of car off or pulling out fender parts.
Old 02-21-2024, 09:25 PM
ERay2024
Instructor

Originally Posted by Bob MacLean
I had the plastic ones (as only ones in 2020) with ties on my 2020 and you cant see them.
I'm also on the "nobody is taking the front of car off or pulling out fender parts.

One of the problems, as I understand, is the possibility of the paint chipping between the fender and the bumper, and between the bumper/fender/headlight. I have seen several other videos highlighting this issue.
Old 02-22-2024, 12:42 AM
lund pro v
Instructor

Received 124 Likes on 56 Posts

wheels and zo7 wing

Get notified of new replies

To What Parts are you buying Before you take delivery?

Old 02-22-2024, 06:37 PM
dw886
Advanced

Originally Posted by lund pro v
wheels and zo7 wing
Where did you get the Z07 wing? Does the e-ray have the mounts / supports already built into the bumper, or is it going to be a large modification to add in the supports?
Old 02-22-2024, 07:59 PM
Pro

Received 304 Likes on 185 Posts

Where did you get the Z07 wing? Does the e-ray have the mounts / supports already built into the bumper, or is it going to be a large modification to add in the supports?
I pre ordered a Z07 wing from AG Motorsports. They are accepting 20 pre orders. I do not know if they have filled the 20 pre orders yet. There are two options. Carbon fiber or Carbon fiber painted carbon flash. The mounting hardware is included. They are also offering a product to cover the holes that would be left from removing the eRay spoiler. I’m opting to replace the bumper with a Z07 bumper to eliminate the holes.
Old 02-24-2024, 09:01 AM
Dolorn
Navigator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I was looking at the Scrape Armor radiator grill guards, and I keep seeing mention of having to remove the bumper in this thread. Watching their installation video, the only thing removed is the undertray. Is the talk of removing the bumper from a previous version? Or am I missing something here?

Quick Reply: What Parts are you buying Before you take delivery?